RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Not a bad place to go

People are not bad right here, company support a lot, tools and benefits. If you are looking for more money, better work on your own. If you are the one who follow the rules, this is the place.

Pros

Good benefits pro teams

Cons

Less earnings

High Pressure Sales !

All Reliance Cares about are SALES ! They will pull you into the Office and threaten to Fire you if you Do NOT bring in enough monthly HVAC Leads.You are CONSTANTLY Under a Very Fine Microscope in this Company !You are NOT Rewarded for being a Good Technician. Technicians Lie to customers in Order to SELL Furnaces and AC's !

Pros

Lots of Overtime Pay, if you want it.

Cons

High pressure sales !

Huge dream company for working.

Reliance is a huge company with many opportunities for growing. I'm proud to be a team member. I can work in a good environment and all the team at the branch are excellent coworkers. I have learned a lot, and I have had the opportunity for applying also my experience and administrative knowledge. However, I'm not agree with some procedures with the customers. For example, some politics for their payments. The hardest part of my job is understand the frustration for the customers and cannot do enough for them. Nevertheless, It's very satisfactory when I can help to the customers and they go out to the branch happy about Reliance. I think a happy customer is the meaning of our work and effort day by day.

Pros

Opportunities of growing

Leads leads leads

Before starting my position as a water heater installer I read all the reviews about working for Reliance. There seemed to be a pattern of the same things being said about how bad it was to work there. I decided to take the job offer and develop my own opinion. It took six months for me to realize that all the negative reviews were accurate. Poor management was a big factor in why I left. At Reliance you are not a gas tech, you’re a salesman. Constant emails about not hitting your numbers. To get ahead you need good leads as being a good technician is not good enough. The team of guys were great to work with and that’s one good thing I can say about this job. If you are considering working as water heater tech for this company please do you research and ask management to be truthful about sales expectations. This company is a numbers game and if you can’t play the game you’ll be very unhappy here.

Terrible management, terrible company culture.

Immediately after joining Reliance it was obvious that I had made a mistake. Management and the IT department took nearly a month to get my computer permissions setup correctly so I could even start training. IT issues were constant and incredibly disruptive. I had three managers in three months. It was clear that upper management had no intention of improvement, which meant that my position was entirely pointless and an utter waste of my time.I would not recommend having any employment or business dealings with this terrible company.

Pros

Work From Home available

Cons

Everything else is a dumpster fire.

pays well lots of work available

I was employed for 10yrs with reliance have seen many management changes work is readily available for technicians and pay is market comparable but the work and environment is stressful and work life /balance is horrible managed by upper levels managers are told to micro manage and harrass staff to boost productivity and sales definitely not a long term career choice company

Pros

pay rates

Cons

working conditions

Amazing Company Culture

I had an amazing experience at Reliance and I strongly encourage everyone reading this to APPLY! Management in very inclusive and easy to talk to. The culture is AMAZING. Absolutely LOVED the people that I worked with, from top to bottom! Ideal place for high energy individuals looking to work in a fast paced environment! Great company with amazing people!

Pros

Company Culture!

Cons

None!

6 May 2021
Thank you for the review regarding our Talent Acquisition team! We are thrilled that you had a positive experience at Reliance in Toronto and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. Take care.

We are reliance

Seemed like an amazing company to work for. But after a year, things started to change. Started with a budget of leads that had to be done every month. And if they were not met, the manager and then the workers would be punished with some performance program. Constant emails on your failings, sales, nps reviews, etc. Used parts from older appliances were used in order to save money. Managers most of the time had no experience in the feild, which led to fustrating conversation on how to complete certain jobs. An extremely unethical place of work. The only thing decent was the money and benefits. They need to change there business model before it's to late and start caring for there employees and customers.

Pros

Cons

Management, sales, lack of training

Terrible management and no support

Don't be fooled by the attractive potential pay. The training is non-existent and managers are only rewarded for branch results. This is often at the expense of quality of work and a strong corporate moral compass. There is therefore, no support or time spent for new employees to learn the position. I would never, under any circumstances refer anyone to work at Reliance Home Comfort.

Pros

Flexible work schedule

Cons

long irregular hours, no training, no support

Toxic Work Environment

You know an organization is toxic when turnover is consistently high across all levels of the organization. The senior leadership team only cares about results and has zero compassion. If you are aggressive, power hungry, and authoritative (basically a bully), you would be a perfect fit. There is little to no recognition at all; and if there was any recognition, it was rewarding the wrong behaviour so the behaviour continues (e.g., manager harassing their team member for results). Top talent keeps leaving; yet the organization turns a blind eye and justifies every departure as a “good” turnover. There is zero work-life balance. Working after midnight on a weeknight or over the weekend is not uncommon. The leadership team is very weak. The wrong people get promoted and good people are let go. The executive team talks about a culture of accountability, but their actions promote a culture of blame (and other leaders follow or comply). The executive team also encourages a culture of feedback superficially, but any feedback shared in a meeting is dismissed (“my way or the highway”). Any competent individual would run after some exposure to the toxic environment. Please, stay away from this organization.

Cons

Long hours, toxic culture, lack of recognition

6 May 2021
We are deeply concerned to hear that your experience at Reliance so far has not been positive. We encourage you to speak to your Manager and/or your team in HR regarding your concerns as we are committed to our Team Members and their overall experience. We value culture feedback – Better is Better. Turnover is monitored across the organization to ensure in line with industry standards, and something we will continue to focus on and work to improve. Team Members are our greatest asset and we wish you continued success in your career.

Jobs at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

See more jobs

Worst top management

Sales people get lowest commision. 7% if you sell non rental. Managers will tell you to lie to homeowners regarding length of rental contract. Run away

Pros

No advantage

Cons

Toxic

Brutal company

This company had to much change for any employee to ever be happy. Management has to much pressure they are all micro Managed. Would never work for RHC again. Started in the warehouse and was eventually Management and then back to tech over 7 years because of how shaddy the company is managed. Horrible company. As a tech you are trained more on sales because that's all they care about.

Pros

Work truck comes home

Cons

Micro managed and the company only cares about techs selling and taking advantage of customers

very satisfying and very healthy environment

working with reliance was one of the best decisions i made, i feel so motivated working there , everyone is sooo helpful , you get the best training and people will help along the way, its so rewarding as well both financially and personally.

Pros

potlocks, awards

6 May 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.

workplace culture

I've worked at Reliance Home Comfort for the last 6 months, and I am so grateful I was hired. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. The agents are extremely hard working and give their all each day. The strive to deliver world class service to all of our customers and always willing to take feedback on how to be better. I feel very blessed that I work here.

Pros

Agents, Managers, Call Center.

Cons

There are always cons in each job but I try and focus on the good.

6 May 2021
Thank you for this feedback regarding the Oshawa call centre. Much appreciated! We are glad you are enjoying your role at Reliance and wish you success.

Amazing Opportunity

I have been with Reliance Home comfort for 2 years now and truly have had the best time of my life. I have come to recognize that Reliance is always looking for ways to improve the Customer Experience and be the best and the only choice for consumers today. We have an amazing team from the top down and I believe that these collaborative efforts are showing in tremendous growth and opportunities for employment and $$$$$. The pure enjoyment of helping people with their needs also comes with some tremendous earning potential. We work very hard but we get compensated better then any Sales job I have had or yet to hear of.I have been in the Sales industry for over 20 years and have found this to be the most exciting and most diverse job I have ever experienced. We get to enjoy the roads as they are our office and we get to explore some beautiful parts of the country for free. We also have a different scenario in front of us at every home which can be quite exciting and challenge the best of us to always be learning.There is no doubt in my mind that I will finish my career with this awesome company. KUDOS Reliance and Thank you for having me as a part of your team.

Pros

Earning potential is endless and the opportunities for growth are at your disposal

Cons

I don't have anything negative to comment about. " I love what we do"

24 March 2021
Thank you very much for this exceptional review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in North Bay and are having a positive growth experience. Thank you for everything you do!

Great management and work life balance , very competitive and challenging environment with a large product offering , great benefits and pension plan.

Pros

Great people and work environment

Cons

Long hours and traveling

24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review Reliance Home Comfort in Ontario! We are glad that you are having a positive experience and we appreciate the feedback provided. Stay safe.

Great Atmosphere and Culture

Reliance is a fantastic place to work, consisting of transparent leadership and an incredible company culture. Our employees truly stand behind the company mission. Each day brings a new and exciting challenge. The senior leadership team cares for their employees, always putting us first.

Pros

Company Phone

Cons

Long Hours

29 March 2021
Thank you for leaving this review! We highly value your feedback. Stay safe!

Good place to start of your first career

4th year with this company have never amaze me. It was a great experience to work here to learn so much opportunity and improvement trade skills with lots of Manager support. It been up and down but overall very worth it.

Pros

Good pay, Benefits package, lot of feedback from manager.

Cons

Long hour, stressful

24 March 2021
Thanks for providing these comments - much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear the positive experiences in the Plumbing role. If you are having any concerns currently, please reach out to your Manager. Take care.

Best hvac and water treatment company!

I have been working at Reliance Home Comfort for almost 2 years. I learned a lot in this company. It's a fast paced environment with lots of opportunities from HVAC Equipment, Water Treatment Systems as well as Smart Home Products.Reliance is a really customer focused company unlike some other companies in this business. We always want to make sure we are there for the home owners if there is any issues or inconvenience.We truly are not comfortable until are customers are!I love working at this company, meeting new people, learning about new products and growing in here. There are several management opportunities available which I am looking forward to taking a lead once the time is right and manage a strong team.

Pros

Good compensation, room to grow, lots of learning, fast paced

Cons

sometime long commute, traffic

24 March 2021
Thank you for the fabulous review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance in Richmond Hill and are having a positive learning & development experience.

Great techs to work with

Its an amazing place to learn and find your way as a young technician. Senior techs seem to be doing pretty well. Its a big company which puts some people off but with in the company there's a lot of people working to help customers and help each other with jobs and problems. Good support group with everyone constantly learning off of each other.

14 March 2021

Terrible to work for

Terrible company to work for especially sales. You are treated as a second class citizen. Managers control your leads, so if they don't like you they starve you and won't give you leads. Big on favoritism.

Pros

No pros

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are concerned that you are currently having a negative experience with us and encourage you to reach out to HR or your Manager with any concerns. We strive to take care of our Team Members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare RELIANCE HOME COMFORT with

• RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?