RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
View all RELIANCE HOME COMFORT reviews

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Review

Toxic culture forced by management. Don't do it

Service and quality of work comes second to sales and numbers. Will be told to trick and lie to customers and use previously used equipment in people's houses. You are a employee # and nothing else.

Pros

Tools

Cons

Culture and questionable work practice

1.0Job security/advancement

24 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide this review. This is taken very seriously and being reviewed internally. We appreciate the feedback.

Same role

Leads leads leads

Before starting my position as a water heater installer I read all the reviews about working for Reliance. There seemed to be a pattern of the same things being said about how bad it was to work there. I decided to take the job offer and develop my own opinion. It took six months for me to realize that all the negative reviews were accurate. Poor management was a big factor in why I left. At Reliance you are not a gas tech, you’re a salesman. Constant emails about not hitting your numbers. To get ahead you need good leads as being a good technician is not good enough. The team of guys were great to work with and that’s one good thing I can say about this job. If you are considering working as water heater tech for this company please do you research and ask management to be truthful about sales expectations. This company is a numbers game and if you can’t play the game you’ll be very unhappy here.
Same role

Great techs to work with

Its an amazing place to learn and find your way as a young technician. Senior techs seem to be doing pretty well. Its a big company which puts some people off but with in the company there's a lot of people working to help customers and help each other with jobs and problems. Good support group with everyone constantly learning off of each other.

14 March 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.
Same location

Do what you love and get paid like a doctor

This job is for someone who really likes to help people, in a dynamic and fast pace environment, while enjoying the feeling of owning your business, without the overhead. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving feedback from customer, pleased with the services and products we provide. Above average pay and great opportunity to diversify, due to the vast options of products and services available. Management tuned and sensitive to work-life balance! Great and collaborative culture with some health competition to keeps us on our toes.

Pros

Management, Work-life balance, Above average salary, Opportunities for advancement

Cons

High performers should have an assistant to help unload the huge amount of admin work

14 March 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement