RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
View all RELIANCE HOME COMFORT reviews

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Review

Terrible "Task rate" job

Your paid per job so they expect you to hack in installs as quick as possible wile moving threw service calls and upsell every customer on equipment they dont really need instead of focusing on the customers problem they called in for. Prioritize sales leads instead of doing quality work and putting the customers first.

Pros

Free lunches

2.0Job security/advancement

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

24 March 2021
Thank you for providing a review. We regret that this was your experience and appreciate the comments. We wish you the best in your future employment.

Same role

Leads leads leads

Before starting my position as a water heater installer I read all the reviews about working for Reliance. There seemed to be a pattern of the same things being said about how bad it was to work there. I decided to take the job offer and develop my own opinion. It took six months for me to realize that all the negative reviews were accurate. Poor management was a big factor in why I left. At Reliance you are not a gas tech, you’re a salesman. Constant emails about not hitting your numbers. To get ahead you need good leads as being a good technician is not good enough. The team of guys were great to work with and that’s one good thing I can say about this job. If you are considering working as water heater tech for this company please do you research and ask management to be truthful about sales expectations. This company is a numbers game and if you can’t play the game you’ll be very unhappy here.
Same role

Great techs to work with

Its an amazing place to learn and find your way as a young technician. Senior techs seem to be doing pretty well. Its a big company which puts some people off but with in the company there's a lot of people working to help customers and help each other with jobs and problems. Good support group with everyone constantly learning off of each other.

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

14 March 2021
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.
Same location

unbelievable that I had to leave...

PLEASE READ - THIS IS NOT AN UNDUE ANGRY RANTWhat started out as a job filled with opportunity and learning experiences, gradually crumbled into an oppressive, numbers-driven, stress-inducing nightmare. Management - Employee relations have deteriorated since the company was purchased overseas in 2017. The union is completely hands-off, and the current CBA gets disregarded and ill-interpreted daily to the advantage of over-pressured management. The employees then suffer the stresses of management, which in turn spins the revolving door of employees. If you have an opinion, you WILL BE FORCED OUT. After 5 years of training new hires, performing as a top employee, and being voted in as a union steward by my peers, I was forced to leave. I "had the carrot dangled" of promotion on several occasions, just to be overlooked and at one point watched a JUNIOR helper (that I got hired) surpass my earning potential and get an apprenticeship before me. This was explained to me as "unfortunate" due to the push on sales and growth in a specific division (furnace installs) that I was not given the opportunity to be part of... "another opportunity will come around" I was told. It's been 2 years now, and nothing - while I watch a JUNIOR (also a friend of my daughter and a kid that used to hang out at my household) get on his way to earning more than me. Now I get to start at the bottom of a different cpompany thanks to Reliance. The whole outfit is a joke and is trending downwards rapidly. If you're looking to start a career in HVAC, DO NOT WORK HERE. If you don't like to work and -

Pros

specialized tools provided, work truck

Cons

unpaid work time, potential to earn LOWER than the stated hourly rate, potential to work past midnight

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement