RELIANCE HOME COMFORT logo
View all RELIANCE HOME COMFORT reviews

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Review

Good starting technician position

Was Hired on as a water-heater installer,This job was great for work experience as well as sales experienceThey pay decent commission for sales and give you training on how to do so, however, there is an expectation that you perform sales on a monthly basis. Reliance prioritizes their sales force, and if you are good at sales, the company is good with you, if your not so good with sales.. not so much.If you earn good sales numbers, there is an excellent chance for career development within the company. As a repair technician you earn an incredible amount of experience in a short time, Reliance will also give you training classes on the equipment you will be working on and the teamwork within the company means your always a call away from help

Pros

Earn a lot of experience in a short time, Great pay, Great benefits included

Cons

Not many, just keep up with performance

3.0Job security/advancement

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

14 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you enjoyed your time at Reliance. We appreciate the feedback and will review our processes to ensure we are constantly growing and improving.

Same role

unbelievable that I had to leave...

PLEASE READ - THIS IS NOT AN UNDUE ANGRY RANTWhat started out as a job filled with opportunity and learning experiences, gradually crumbled into an oppressive, numbers-driven, stress-inducing nightmare. Management - Employee relations have deteriorated since the company was purchased overseas in 2017. The union is completely hands-off, and the current CBA gets disregarded and ill-interpreted daily to the advantage of over-pressured management. The employees then suffer the stresses of management, which in turn spins the revolving door of employees. If you have an opinion, you WILL BE FORCED OUT. After 5 years of training new hires, performing as a top employee, and being voted in as a union steward by my peers, I was forced to leave. I "had the carrot dangled" of promotion on several occasions, just to be overlooked and at one point watched a JUNIOR helper (that I got hired) surpass my earning potential and get an apprenticeship before me. This was explained to me as "unfortunate" due to the push on sales and growth in a specific division (furnace installs) that I was not given the opportunity to be part of... "another opportunity will come around" I was told. It's been 2 years now, and nothing - while I watch a JUNIOR (also a friend of my daughter and a kid that used to hang out at my household) get on his way to earning more than me. Now I get to start at the bottom of a different cpompany thanks to Reliance. The whole outfit is a joke and is trending downwards rapidly. If you're looking to start a career in HVAC, DO NOT WORK HERE. If you don't like to work and -

Pros

specialized tools provided, work truck

Cons

unpaid work time, potential to earn LOWER than the stated hourly rate, potential to work past midnight
Same role

Great company

Working for Reliance is challenging and fun. Being an Installer, I encounter different scenarios everyday that keep me on my A game. Senior Management excpect you to be the best you can be, and not the best there ever will be! Good salary ( pick up extra jobs and have an excellent salary) benefits,pension and many instances a company truck.
Same location

Good place to start of your first career

4th year with this company have never amaze me. It was a great experience to work here to learn so much opportunity and improvement trade skills with lots of Manager support. It been up and down but overall very worth it.

Pros

Good pay, Benefits package, lot of feedback from manager.

Cons

Long hour, stressful

Official response from RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

24 March 2021
Thanks for providing these comments - much appreciated. It is wonderful to hear the positive experiences in the Plumbing role. If you are having any concerns currently, please reach out to your Manager. Take care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement