RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Working at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT: Employee Reviews

Canada272 reviews

hvacheatersaletechniciantechleadpressuresell

Best culture I've experienced in my career

The senior leadership team care and they are very approachable. There are programs and support for a great work/life balance and quality. I also feel like there is a good opportunity to advance my career.The area where the company can improve is we are currently behind on automation tools, yet the company has been and is open to investing in tools and processes to improve team member and customer experience.I have worked at a number of companies in my career and I am confident in saying that Reliance is one of the best.

Pros

Good overall cultures; good compensation.

Cons

Large company bureaucratic processes with some things.

Terrible

They want you to do more work than a single person can handle. Over charge customers. Poor compensation. Poor management. Would not recommend to anyone

Insights into RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Awesome place to work.

Fast pace and fun work environment. Lots of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. People are great to work with and everyone helps each other succeed.

Pros

Opportunity to develop and grow

Stay away!!!! Under payed and over worked horrible work life balance

Was promised a certain wage.This was not the case worked 7 days a week, no training, was nothing but the fall guy. Low Pay for the warehouse helpsTreated horrible and talked down to daily.

Pros

Management besides warehouse are easy to work with

Cons

Long hours, no one gets along

Awesome Company - Career Not Just A Job

Gaurateed Work with Great Pay and a Management Staff that looks out for you. If your new to the trades or an experienced technician there is no better place to work than Reliance. To sum it up working for Reliance is a Career not just a Job.

Amazing place to work with a fantastic corporate culture

Great place to work. Team is fantastic. The company has strong passion around health and safety, ensuring all team members arrive home safely to their families at the end of each day.

Time of work

Great hours of work. Unfortunately when you require someone to write in here they generally do not give and accurate account of how they feel. If you only accept when they write less then the minimum then you get a true response.

Pros

Good people

Cons

No cruise control in vans

A perfect fit

After a few years of moving between jobs looking for a place where I can be successful, I finally found a perfect fit. Reliance values my work as a professional and values that I have a personal life that I have to balance.

It's a good place to work, the management support is good. The training is good, but calls can get frustrating. Some processes in the company are a bit frustrating and sometimes doesn't make sense why it was implemented in the 1st place.

10 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad that you are having a positive experience at Reliance and we appreciate your feedback and suggestion.

Terrible company, even worse management

Too many things to complain about with this company. They treat their employees terrible, managers can do what ever they want with no repercussions. Managers are inexperienced and not fit to be in the positions they are in. Probably the worst hvac company you could work for. Stay away !

10 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are concerned that you are currently having a negative experience with us and encourage you to reach out to HR (or Manager) with any concerns. We strive to take care of our Team Members.

Not good

A nouns a perfect place or thing that has a really happy ring and if u say. It one or twice than u will always be arise but it’s different because of the amount of things u have to do

10 May 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

Decent

It was a decent place to work, people were nice- expectations were way too high. As a second year plumbing apprentice I was doing full install on tankless water heaters by myself. I was expected to do 3-4 a day with no pay increase or bonus. They were giving journeyman work to a 2nd year apprentice and expected that you worked from 7am to 9pm

10 May 2022
Thank you for the review! We are happy that you had a positive experience at Reliance and we wish you all the best in your future endeavors. We appreciate your feedback.

Great place to work amazing team

I've never worked with a better group of people. Management team are always there for support all managers are willing to help at anytime. Team members know they are part of a team.

10 May 2022
Wow! Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience.

Good organization, good Job, cooperative and supportive culture.

During one month I have learned lots of different things regarding parts, products and working procedures. I am a technical and a handy person so can assist & do better with technical team. I need soecific technical training regarding products and services.

10 May 2022
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience. This is what we strive to achieve for all of our Team Members!

been on site for two weeks staff very friendly and helpfulbeen trained properlygiven opportunity to learn on the go

good solid company staff very knowledgeable friendly atmosphere management involvement communication is strong between staff and management learning the business has been a challengebut feeling more comfortable day to day

10 May 2022
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you are enjoying your time at Reliance and are having a positive experience!

Youll Probaby Get Hurt

you will feel unhappy at work most of the time, stressed at work most of the time, exculded and notice your co workers are not respectful of all people.Manager fails to train you adequately and then just complains, i personally never got any health and safety training nor completed my training for Reliance and i was left on my own at customers homes to complete installations.

5 April 2022
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We regret that it was not a good fit and appreciate your feedback.

Just a number

This company changes people so much you become just a number. You become very disconnected and self isolated. Everytime you are asked to achieve a goal once you have completed set goal they would have changed manager and all your hard work was left un noticed.

5 April 2022

Wouldn't recommend anyone to work here

Honestly, Reliance is not the place I'd recommend anyone of working here as a starter. As a apprentice person who's new into this trade they'll hire you right in a spot as a installer or tech with no experience at all and within 2-3 months they'll lay you off for some some stupid reason while your on 6 month probation. Tbh in my experience I would stay far away from this company there's so many better companies out there better then Reliance in my opinion. Too many toxic techs out there never trust anyone as a grain of salt especially the managers as well. The Environment is to toxic over there. Good thing I left that place and I found a better opportunity somewhere else.

5 April 2022

Great workplace and leadership. But very low salary

Great place, people and leadership to work with. Easy to interact with management and teams across the company. Depends on reporting manager on if they are open for you to learn and grow. Only -ve is extremely low salary. Not even close to what market offers with same level of company. Unless you're a rockstar performer there isn't much of growth opportunities.

Pros

Great workplace culture and people

Cons

Extremely low salary, hardly any growth opportunities

5 April 2022

Fast paced environment with growth potential

Reliance is an great company to work in. They have an good structure for HVAC technicians and Water Heater technicians. The job is fast paced and demanding, if you want to grow your career and willing to go above and beyond, this is the place for you

5 April 2022

Worst experience of my career

Very unprofessional atmosphere Very unethical practices Customers were mislead and offered programs that were not in their best interest and blatantly over priced.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, leads provided that didn’t remotely qualify

5 April 2022

Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement