RELIANCE HOME COMFORT

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Was Hired on as a water-heater installer,This job was great for work experience as well as sales experienceThey pay decent commission for sales and give you training on how to do so, however, there is an expectation that you perform sales on a monthly basis. Reliance prioritizes their sales force, and if you are good at sales, the company is good with you, if your not so good with sales.. not so much.If you earn good sales numbers, there is an excellent chance for career development within the company. As a repair technician you earn an incredible amount of experience in a short time, Reliance will also give you training classes on the equipment you will be working on and the teamwork within the company means your always a call away from help
Pros
Earn a lot of experience in a short time, Great pay, Great benefits included
Cons
Not many, just keep up with performance
Service and quality of work comes second to sales and numbers. Will be told to trick and lie to customers and use previously used equipment in people's houses. You are a employee # and nothing else.
Pros
Tools
Cons
Culture and questionable work practice
100% commission, daily end of day reports, 2-3 sales meetings per week, 6-7 day work week, 12-14 days, report to sales manager during and after every appointment, weekly and monthly 1 on 1 performance reviews, no work life balance, you will be micromanaged every minute of every day. Without a doubt the worst employer I have ever had. Everyone on the sales team hates the company and the way it's managed. Do yourself a favour and find a job somewhere else.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Other than pay everything about this company is terrible
Your paid per job so they expect you to hack in installs as quick as possible wile moving threw service calls and upsell every customer on equipment they dont really need instead of focusing on the customers problem they called in for. Prioritize sales leads instead of doing quality work and putting the customers first.
Pros
Free lunches
This job is for someone who really likes to help people, in a dynamic and fast pace environment, while enjoying the feeling of owning your business, without the overhead. The most enjoyable part of the job is receiving feedback from customer, pleased with the services and products we provide. Above average pay and great opportunity to diversify, due to the vast options of products and services available. Management tuned and sensitive to work-life balance! Great and collaborative culture with some health competition to keeps us on our toes.
Pros
Management, Work-life balance, Above average salary, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
High performers should have an assistant to help unload the huge amount of admin work
Run away!! This company is a drain on your mental well-being. I’ve never been more stressed in my life than at this company. The management is incompetent and will blame anyone standing around them for their ineptness. The technicians are required to get leads by ANY means necessary which leads them to not always fixing the equipment when it can be. Seriously, do not apply
Pros
Pay
Cons
Toxic environment, brutal hours, terrible management
Working at reliance has taught me that the warehouse team is the lowest of the totem pole and everyone's punching bag. it is also extremely sales driven to the point that some managers will through you under the bus to make themselves look good for a promotion. tell you to do jobs that aren't even required of you all while trying to pit you against each other.
Pros
benefits on day 1
Cons
everything else
Great company. Friendly staff & management. Collaborated with other depts well. Worked there for 6 years. Was very happy. Loved my team. Great team members & uplifting environment.
Pros
Perks & clean & great new facility. Competitive pay. Great management.
Cons
Was too far for me.
PLEASE READ - THIS IS NOT AN UNDUE ANGRY RANTWhat started out as a job filled with opportunity and learning experiences, gradually crumbled into an oppressive, numbers-driven, stress-inducing nightmare. Management - Employee relations have deteriorated since the company was purchased overseas in 2017. The union is completely hands-off, and the current CBA gets disregarded and ill-interpreted daily to the advantage of over-pressured management. The employees then suffer the stresses of management, which in turn spins the revolving door of employees. If you have an opinion, you WILL BE FORCED OUT. After 5 years of training new hires, performing as a top employee, and being voted in as a union steward by my peers, I was forced to leave. I "had the carrot dangled" of promotion on several occasions, just to be overlooked and at one point watched a JUNIOR helper (that I got hired) surpass my earning potential and get an apprenticeship before me. This was explained to me as "unfortunate" due to the push on sales and growth in a specific division (furnace installs) that I was not given the opportunity to be part of... "another opportunity will come around" I was told. It's been 2 years now, and nothing - while I watch a JUNIOR (also a friend of my daughter and a kid that used to hang out at my household) get on his way to earning more than me. Now I get to start at the bottom of a different cpompany thanks to Reliance. The whole outfit is a joke and is trending downwards rapidly. If you're looking to start a career in HVAC, DO NOT WORK HERE. If you don't like to work and - more...
Pros
specialized tools provided, work truck
Cons
unpaid work time, potential to earn LOWER than the stated hourly rate, potential to work past midnight
They are driven by nothing but sales. Have teams of sales technicians that mislead customers into renting new systems. They expect the service technician to get minimum sales targets that are unachievable if you are honest.
Pros
Cons
Sales driven
I worked here for a few years and worked closely with all aspects of the business. First and foremost, all they care about is sales. That's it. Managers are stressed and under constant pressure to hit unrealistic goals. That pressure gets passed on to techs in the field. Senior leaders are rude and use fear and intimidation tactics for results and if you don't deliver they won't hesitate to fire you. Extremely high turnover. Office roles, don't expect to get a promotion or raise other than the typical year end minimum increase. Opinions only matter from top down only. They'll act like they listen to opinions and feedback by lower level employees but don't expect to ever see any changes. Questionable ethics; they'd rather sell a customer a new system than fix their existing, even if it's fixable.
I started at Reliance as a Water Heater Installer and was excited about my opportunity to work for a seemingly solid Company. The job offers benefits and an hourly wage of $21/h which is quite low by industry standards, Sales a pushed down your throat by management and there are hours upon hours of training where I was sent almost 2 hours away for what they called boot camp. I did not like my mentor who I was training under and was told that I would be thrown to the lions once out on my own with little to no help from anyone else. Not a good introduction to the field IMO. A ton of responsability for little reward.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful Environment
This is where trades go to die. They are not going to train you. They are not going build you up. You will NOT feel secure for one minute of you employment. They are not interested in your personal development. Your only job is to get a sales representative in the door. They take your hard earned money and delivery some of the worst service you could possibly imagine. DON’T WORK HERE.
Pros
They hire new grades out of school
Cons
Culture, Hours, Management, Training, Pay.
Use this company purely as a stepping stone. Constant micromangement, low task rate wages, and never ending hounding of sales will grind away any motivation or happiness you once had. Techs are paid abysmally while upper management (who don't have any industry experience) and sales people pull in six figure salaries (and bonuses!). The work is also extremely physical, so many techs were injured on the job or have had surgery for their back or knees. No way to move up unless you have good sales numbers, nobody knows if youre a good technician because management usually don't have any trade experience. Reliance's "Canada's most admired companies"label is basically a farce as the sycophants in managment can just self nominate the company and they will receive the award. Its one of the most toxic companies you will ever work for.
Pros
Great if youre into sadomasochism
You work 3 shifts as a water heater installer at Reliance. Days....afternnons...weekends. like 3 weekends a month sometimes. Pay isn't great. Its task rate. So if you get a complicated long install you are in the customers basement sometimes all 8 hours of your shift with very little help from other coworkers. Everything is micro managed to death here. And your constantly hounded for sales leads. And when you don't get them they send you emails every single day showing that you are in the red comparing to other coworkers numbers. So you are constantly reviewed every single hour every day!
Pros
Freedom of working alone.
Cons
you work alone with very little help.
I enjoyed the technical work. The service manager was kind. From the top down it's all about the sale. Everything is about getting leads to sell equipment. If they could they would sell a freezer to an Eskimo to make a fast buck. It doesn't matter if they need it or not. Enormous pressure to sell. They have zero regard for peoples ability to live financially. No matter how poor, old or disadvantaged a homeowner is they want to make that sale. When I asked whether it was even remotely ethical to push equipment on people, that clearly can't afford and or didn't need it, the response was, if we don't sell them this equipment, somebody else will. How does that make it right??? Absolute corporate greed to the extreme. The management staff rotates like a revolving door. Ludicrous and unreachable expectations are made for them, when not achieved they are fired. Zero employee loyalty. It's all about growth.
Pros
Enjoyed the work
Cons
Greed.
I am glad that I left. Too much of bias and politics and discrimination. There is no diversity at all. I was the only **** in the team and all the others were ***** I was micromanaged by one of my colleague. She was bossing around with me and the whole team indirectly threw a lot of **** on my face. They played with me like a football. I was taken for granted and horribly disrespected. Cannot say more as this space won't be enough.
Pros
None at all.
Cons
Everything right from the word go.
I remember I volunteered to work overtime on a weekend when I was off and at the end of the day I was told I was useless and should’ve stayed home sorry for doing you a favour. I wish I could use some other language on here for those managers.
A brutal company that doe not respect or care for its people. Bullying and discrimination run rampant throughout the company. Upper management exhibit poor and unethical behaviour.
Pros
Decent pay and great technicians in field
Cons
Bad culture and lack of empathy and respect for people.
You are thrust into a warehouse manager position, with little to NO training, all for 90%benefits and under $17 and hour! Huge responsibly, a ton of pressure and the job description and duties expand the longer you stay on the job. On site management were great but as you get up the corporate ladder it steadily becomes quite the gong show where one does not know what the other is doing. I did enjoy the installers and office managers....good people trying to do the best they can while dealing with incompetent high ups and a call centre that has to be the utmost worst on the planet. Unless this warehouse position added $5-$6 per hour to the wage....I would steer clear unless you enjoy controlled chaos, OHand did I mention 6 month probation period?!
Pros
Benefits, hours
Cons
Everything else....poor pay for expected responsibility. NO TRAINING
I probably gained my most valuable work experience during my time with Reliance Home Comfort, and it is one of the best work environments that I have had the pleasure of being a part of. I had the opportunity to contribute to 2 different parts of the business and both were great. I met knowledgeable people who were willing to teach and share what they knew, and we all learned from each other. Worked together as a team to meet our objectives and goals. I miss it.