RELIANCE HOME COMFORT
Coronavirus update

RELIANCE HOME COMFORT Employee Reviews

Canada192 reviews
Reliance
This is a good company with good benefits... but it's a very demanding job and sales and results are very important

It's a work hard play hard environment... to succeed you have to distinguish yourself from the rest
Fast paced environment with passionate team members
Great passionate techs who deliver in a fast paced ever changing environment. If you want punch a clock and be a zombie for 8 hours this is not the place for you. If you like a challenge and the opportunity to make more than your base wage then it's here no mater what level you work at. Management is there to develop employees and challenge them to be the best they can be. The toughest part of the job is learning all of the systems used and the best would be the team mates I work with every day.
Great company to be part of
Great job for those looking for great pay, high energy, competitive, challenging work. If you work hard there is lots of room to grow and different departments to get involved with
professional and safe environment
low stress environment with many opportunities to progress career. Always been treated fairly. given many opportunities to expand knowledge through training.

great compensation with a positive reinforcement culture.
Pros
professional safe work culture
Horrible company
Reliance cares nothing about their employees and less about their customers. As a tech or installer you are expected to bring in sales leads or be ridden hard and put on notice if your numbers aren't high enough. Before you make a huge mistake and hire on ask somebody who is working there now
Run for the hills.
Somehow this company won an award for best 'corporate culture'. The culture here couldn't be any more toxic. Dishonest unethical technicians are praised and win monthly awards while good, sound technicians are looked down upon for their honesty and integrity. Management hasn't got a clue what they are doing, and they do not know how to keep team morale in good standing, technicians are often pointed out their short comings (always lack of sales related) and are rarely praised for what they do well. Management flat out ignores when a technician does dishonest practices to customers to get more sales leads, and basically encourages this behaviour. Technicians are not trained whatsoever, the only training ever received is sales training. A 2 tiered union environment also puts technicians against each other. This is a toxic place to work and if you hold strong ethics and want to be a good honest technician I would stay as far away from this company as possible
Great Team Members
I am lucky that I work in a team that supports one another. I get to do a job I love everyday. At times, the hours are long and the job can be demanding but having a great manager and a supportive team makes up for that.
Pros
Great Benefits, Friendly Place
Not that good
Best thing is you get WFH and flexible hrs. But company is sales driven and not the service. customers get irritate because of continuous sales over phone. Some times QAPFs are not that helpful.
If u can get other good job no need to do this WFH. They dont give sufficient hrs to work.
Toxic on all levels.
Great product, great company however it is being run into the ground by greedy and inept management. If any one of them has had a management course on how to effectively deal with employees they have obviously not passed. Very toxic work
Pros
Money was good.
Cons
Toxic, no work/life balance. Micro managed to the point of ridiculousness.
Great company
Working for Reliance is challenging and fun. Being an Installer, I encounter different scenarios everyday that keep me on my A game. Senior Management excpect you to be the best you can be, and not the best there ever will be! Good salary ( pick up extra jobs and have an excellent salary) benefits,pension and many instances a company truck.
Productive and rewarding in a nice looking work space
Overall Reliance has a great culture, they're caring, professional and very accommodating. Systems and practices are a bit archaic, not prone to change.
Pros
Great culture and good people
Cons
Not very flexible for hours
Extremely stressful.
Huge volume of work and not enough staff. Management that has no idea what individuals do within each role. No work/life balance and no appreciation for hard work.
Dishonest
Only interested in selling
I am a tech that treats people how I would want to to treated .

Reliance uses there service agreements with customers to get in the house to then sell sell sell and if you dont hit the sales lead targets you are disciplined with days off without pay. They micro manage you. They are not interested in training techs to be the best.
stressful and unfair enviroment
Terrible place to work, stressful , unfair and demanding . All is about selling people plans , furnaces and airs even if they dont need it.You have to comply with a minimum quote of sales , reviews, and quotes or you are in trouble..Micromanagement to the bone constantly. No appreciation for your efforts and almost no family or social life..No proper training on new products and very much you have to learn on your own. Managers with no knowledge at all and with double face constantly, all they care is about their bonuses at the end of the year..No good pay comparing with other companies ..Don t waste your time here ...!!!! ,there are better places to work out there.!!
Pros
Bank holidays
Cons
schedule, pay, no training.
Not enough paid.
My salary every year become lower. Not worth it work for them with lots of pressure and stresses. If I do some where else with regular nob I can make same or even more .
Amazing culture - So glad I work here
Culture awards
Development opportunities

Quick growth

Amazing people

Recognition programs

Very fast paced, go with the flow

I definitely recommend applying to Reliance
stay away...
first of all I got to see how staff is treated in the back and how they are talked to... its a law suit waiting to happen! people put in situations they don't want to be in.. and when I asked staff who the guy was it was management! I walked right back out... very TOXIC work environment.
Horrible Management
Stay away....
management has no clue....just want numbers ....

No training....learn as you go....

Good company but management sucks to say the least.....
A good temporary job solution
The work space is very small in the office. only 10 employess to dispatch every driver around Canada, the best part of the job is the option to work from home.
Great learning curve
most enjoyable part of my job
challenging

so many things to learn

training is best

can schedule as your comfort like the name home comfort

excellent product
get your batting average up or beware
Can be very stressful as it's fast-paced and they want you to sell, sell, sell! There's lots of work though and very good pay. It's a good entry-level HVAC job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at RELIANCE HOME COMFORT. Our community is ready to answer.