Reitmans (Canada) Ltd
Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Review

team lead

19 May 2020
Having worked there for 10 yrs i have a great relationship with customers and have bonded with many, knowing their personal needs.
The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the constant changes and as well the pay
24 September 2019
Same role
Are you looking for someone to dictate everything yet do nothing? Apply here. Do you want to work your tail off with no opportunity for advancement and poor wages? Apply here. Do you want to be hired to do a job but be micromanaged so severely you can't? Apply here. Are you looking for a work environment that protects the lazy and abuses the strong and knowledgeable? Apply here.
23 September 2019
The worst place to consider a career. No room to move up, no guidance most of the time no management. Do no recognize hard work or long term employment. The worst 5 years of my working life.
7 June 2019
Working in the store was always fun and we had a great team from sales associates to our store manager. The biggest issue was higher management, who had unrealistic sales and dress code expectations. If we were projected to have high sales and did not meet them, the store team was blamed for it which was frustrating when traffic was down. To make up for the low sales, they really push for you to be in customers' faces and "sell sell sell!" to the point where it is uncomfortable and customers are visibly unhappy.
They also require you to purchase and wear clothes from every single collection which adds up, especially if you do not get many hours as it is (they will cut your hours if sales are down that month). If you are part of the management team, you are guaranteed hours. If you are a sales associate, you could be working as little as 4 hours/week.

I loved working because I was guaranteed hours every week, my boss did not actually make us buy clothes from every collection, and my coworkers were great. It really depends on the store!
Pros
Great team energy, fun customers, good first retail job, opportunity to move up in ranks
Cons
Slow to start hiring process (with no communication), unrealistic expectations