Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager20 reviews
Canada20 reviews
Very structured enviroment with nice product to work with. Unfortunately the compensation does not match the expected hours and phisycal work you are required to put in.
During my employment some of the upper managers' style was harsh and demeaning and this was tolerated by HR.
Pros
Good employee discount
Cons
Bonus is a joke
fast paced and always adjusting to the new realities of retail. Definitely full of opportunities and constantly looking to better myself in the business wold!
They are not busy at all- and hours are based directly on what your sales are that week. If sales are low expect your shifts to be cancelled. As part of the management team expect to be working long hours all alone- and for unrealistic expectations put on you. You need to work way more than your 40 hours to get your work done.

You are expected to wear reitmans clothes while on shift but they do not provide you with an allowance to buy any.
Reitmans helps you to grow as an employee giving you the tools needed to succeed. Will promote from within. Great customers. Reitmans has other banners allowing you transfer within as opportunities arise. A high pace is required as hours are limited.
Pros
Great support from upper management when needed
Cons
Too few hours to give that amazing customer service
upper management not interest in challenges facing store level employees.
There is no one to help resolve issues with direct supervisors.

work life balance is not good
Opening the store setting goals for the day!
scheduling sales associates for the day and evening shifts

DSM not all supportive

valved theirs company

Having to leave for personal reasons

Enjoyed working with my staff and our customers
Pros
prefer not to say
Cons
prefer not to comment
Fun job in fashion industry. Great selection of clothes, amazing size range made it easy to make customers happy. Head office implements lots of new, time-consuming initiatives and expectations while cutting back on hours every year. It makes it very difficult to feel like you are succeeding when standards keep increasing and there is no man-power on the floor to make it happen.
Pros
50% off at all banners
Cons
not enough hours for stores to hold up standards
This company has treated me fairly throughout my employment. They have given me pay rises,bonuses and vacation pay throughout my time. The discount and incentives keep my there.
The company had a great discount for employees, there were lots of opportunities for management to receive training etc. Staff were fantastic. Company extremely corporate- upper management looks at you as though you are just a number.
Enjoyed my time with Reitmans. The people were great and always willing to help other managers and co- workers. Lots of changes in the 3 years I was there not enough training hours for the changes.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd?
Working for Reitman's Canada I saw a company that really cared about its staff and treated us with fairness and respect. My district manager was supportive and assisted our district through weekly conference calls and one on ones with the store.
Pros
Did not allow us to work more then 40 hours a week
With Reitmans Canda you will focus on a true customer comes first mentality with a team atmosphere. Servicing customers to help them feel comfortable in their own skin and feel the best they can possibly be is a daily expectation. The feeling that you have truly achieved this with every customer is a huge feeling of achievement.
Pros
excellent work benefits
cute clothes, good discount.
poorly managed by upper management, everyone at store level is to blame.

Spent so much time getting rid of our older customer but haven't managed to attract a young customer,
overall not the best experience. The company has a 1800 hotline that allows you to complain about anyone for anything and instead of HR investigate they just believe what ever is said
Fast pace retail environment, to bad they are restructuring and people are loosing their jobs,

Co=workers are great, lots of support form other managers
The schedule is flexible Mon-Fri however the weekend and night demands make it impossoble to susstain a normal home life. The job is wonderful and very rewarding.
Retail is constantly changing to keep up and often the changes and expectations do not relate. Fashion associates and store management are expected to deliver world class customer service and are expected to do this with less hours, twice as much work and expectations too high to reach. Pennington's would be wise to remember who the customer sees and works with every day to help them succeed.
Pros
generous employee discounts across all banners
Cons
unreachable expectations
A great place to meet new people and make friends. Great discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Low pay
as management I went to west Edmonton mall to work and the moral was very down. so I lead by example and greeting every customer no matter what I was doing and customers started to acknowledge how great the customer service was. we had emails directly to head office and the moral went up and productivity went up and it showed by exceeding our targets week after week
Pros
customer service
Cons
worked long hours to make the store look great missed time with family
Great place to work, work with wonderful ladies, discount is awesome, and the training they provide is above bar.
Pros
50% off
Cons
sore feet