Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Sales Associate104 reviews
Canada104 reviews
I had a great store manager and great coworkers but upper management is stupid. They don’t know how to run a business. The customer is not always right and they never stand up for their employees. As someone in an HR profession now, I can tell that Reitmans won’t be around for very long. All they look at is store sales, they don’t care if their employees go above and beyond for customers , if the sale is not there then they don’t care for you.
Cons
Upper Management does not pay enough attention to how their stores are operating
I loved working T reitmas my boss was great. I was only part time and had to leave due to it being just too much to work 2 jobs. one full and one part.
Reitmans was a fun part-time job. I enjoyed the team I worked with, the environment of the store, and the perks that came with the job (employee discounts!). The most enjoyable parts of the job for me were doing cash and running the fitting rooms.
Reitmans was very good to their employees. They had multiple competitions, on who can sell the most, which really encouraged us to sell more. Also, the management was kind and encouraging
I enjoyed going to work every shift and loved helping ladies with outfits and such! I learned more about communication skills, and loved being able to see an insight on different styles!
This company was good to work for especially getting to know the fashion in todays industry. It is a good company to work for. The mangers were far to all new employees. The employees that have been working there were very welcoming to the new comers.
There was a lot of pressure working here for customer service. It was a little bit extreme sometimes, I think that might have just been the manager though. Customer service is important to retail, but you also need to know how to step back and allow a customer to take their time. This was not the case here and customers were often scared off by how closely we were attending to them. Other than that, great place to work, lots of room for advancement. They value their employees, which is rare.
Pros
advancement, benefits, skill building
Cons
lots of pressure, not enough staff on duty
the managers are so friendly, as are all the workers. The customers are very nice and classy. The work itself want that hard and was very fun! Would recommend.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Sometimes slow
When you have a manager who won’t work with you run to a different company.
The current manager at white oaks is a power tripper who talks behind all the staffs backs and smiles to their face. She has ensured all her “friends” can get their hours and when there is a sale she lets her inner circle including her big family pick and stash before the store opens very unprofessional and she should not be in this position. Do not apply to this location unless you want to be talked about and treated poorly. Her friends are scared to speak up so watch her continue this terrible behaviour to the few staff who are honest and want to work. Hopefully the previous manager returns from her mat leave and this lady gets called out on her many atrocities.
Pros
You do get a staff discount
Cons
When you have a manager who won’t work with you run to a different company.
Definitely a great place to work, it gets fast-paced at times but it was manageable! I would definitely work there again! The ladies I worked with were nice!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd?
I really enjoyed my years at Reitmans, I was able to work for the company in two different cities and learned a lot about customer service and Ad set up as well as earning the chance to be a third key holder with added responsibilities.
I learn new things about how to set up the store's floor and how to take out the garbage. Working there really helped me gain experience! Everyone was so kind!
My duties as below:
- Managing sales floor during sales segments.

- Maintaining productivity flow to ensure a smooth operation on the floor.

- Handling daily managerial duties including, till reconciliation, paperwork auditing

and loss prevention.

- Handling store opening and closing tasks and duties.

I learned more about Human Resources and how to communicate with different customers.

Management is perfect.

we have diversity in our workplace but most of the staff are Iranian.

In my opinion, nothing is hard for me in my workplace.

the most enjoyable part is communicating with various people from differnent parts of the world.
I love working with my coworkers at Reitmans. They are fun loving people who also love their jobs. They make it fun for not only the customers but coworkers as well. Its a wonderful place to work.
People are very nice and easy to work with and it’s a very chill work environment. Management is decent, could use a little work but still very fun place to work at.
If it weren’t for the friendly staff and regular customers I would not have stayed. Higher management is corrupt. Hours are horrible. The stores don’t do well anymore so unless you are management, find another job while working there. DM’s want each sales associate to bombard 1 customer with questions and no personal space to shop. Customers don’t want to feel attacked, it turns them away!
It was okay
not horrible but not great work enviroment

Did not really get good training, but learned on the job so it didnt really matter

i dont have much else to say about this job but indeed wont let me skip
Pros
free lunches
Cons
The Job was usually boring because there were times were we would not see a customer for hours at a time. When there were no customers to assist, we would clean and get every task done so there usually was not a lot to do. I believe that location is the problem with low sales. If this store was located in the Lloyd mall, sales would sky rocket.
Pros
fun people to work with
Cons
no awards or anything when you have a super high sale or beat the target
The discounts and incentives were nice. There was a lot of regular customers who loved being directed to new collections or item suggestions, great company to work for although you are replaceable if not in management. I would work for the company again.
Pros
Discounts, loyal customers
Cons
Short hours, no advancement
great place to work the discount was awesome on clothes and the environment was very positive and up beat as well. needed better pay but it is what it is
Unfortunately I was promised to work many hours but I was barely scheduled and often got 3 hours per week. Sometimes I would come in for my shift and I would be informed I was no longer scheduled for that day.
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Little amount of hours