Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

Assistant Manager32 reviews
Canada32 reviews
There is no work life balance when working full time at Reitmans. Worked almost every weekend, a lot of over time. Zero appreciation for their employees.
Only a month into working with Reitmans. I knew I was going to be treated like a number. The lack of support from our district manager is beyond words. The expectations and dead lines were unrealistic with the very low hours distributed in the week. Visual flips every two weeks, high volume of online orders to fulfill, a lot of stock to do and assisting customers at store level with only two employees in the store working. Sometime you work alone so you don’t over spend on hours. Terrible.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Toxic environment
One of the worst companies to work for. The pay is bad, the company doesn’t care about they’re employees, and the HR is a complete joke! Don’t waste your time applying, lots of better retail companies to work for hands down!
Worked many years for this employer. Overall if you LOVE fashion and appreciate all the work that goes into providing excellent customer service while balancing stock replenishment, visual placement of product signage and a plethora of other duties and responsibilities this is the work place for you.
work hard and do not get credit for it. Tones of micro managing in upper management and only give you a promotion when you are about to leave. Never able to take a sick day because there is never enough employees
Top performance is expected. Upper management holds you accountable for any sales lost and you can be written up or dismissed if you fall behind. Sales staff are wonderful, management are burnt out.
I worked for Reitmans for three years in the positions of key holder and assistant manager. I enjoyed the staff, the customers and the job in general.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Work hours: weekends and holidays
Reitmans is a great place to build experience, the training provided is quite good. I enjoy working here, I just have no opportunity to advance, and that is ultimately my goal.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not team focused
I have worked for Reitmans for 3 years, and overall the job is good, depending on the location you are placed. The employees at store level are great, however, the company as a whole has poor communication skills with the staff.
Pros
Canadian company
Cons
no work/life balance; constant, sudden changes
My staff made my job enjoyable. I had a really great team at my location, everyone was comfortable working together and enjoyed working together. As a team we worked very hard at driving sales and providing exemplary customer service. My team and I established an amazing rapport with our customers. Which always had them coming back. It was sad to see our location close down.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd?
Fun work environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with and the DSM was always there when needed. I didn't always like the hours and your schedule changed week to week.
Pros
Amazing people and great discount.
Cons
Demanding customers.
Great place to work, love helping people look and feel great about there wardrobe. Fast pace, friendly, great training, excellent discount, and fun place!
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Evening and weekends
I worked for Reitmans Co. for two years, and while it was steady employment, it was far from ideal.

The pay was extremely low for when I was in the assistant manager position, and I had no benefits despite working there for a considerable time. I never received a raise outside of a promotion, and rarely did our employees get any form of praise they deserved from our DM or head office.

My team was amazing, and I had two spectacular managers who were kind and accommodating, but that didn't make up for the fact that the company itself cared little for their employees and their comfort.
I did enjoy the overall atmosphere at Reitman's and I have absolute
confidence in the product.

It is difficult to rate retail positions because there are so many daily changes and problems.

The hours are always long and there are so many things that managers especially, are responsible for that it can sometimes be a challenge.

However, in general I always enjoyed the people I worked with, and of course the clothing was amazing.

Working with the public has its ups and downs, but if you love people, this should not be an issue.
Pros
discount on clothing and flexible working hours
Cons
long working hours
very busy, blackout periods with vacations, hard work life balance.
Visual setups every other weekend. Very excelent growth opportunities within company.
Training wasn't well planned out. District manager was self centred and unappreciative unless she needed something from you. They expect full time availability from part time employees basically. Don't give out enough hours to regular employees. Everyone's really snobby. Clothes aren't made the best and aren't really in style, nor do they fit well. The NEW stuff since summer 2016 is terrible. Clothing is made too big so I can't even get my size without ordering online therefore not getting my employee discount. Just not the best company. But it could be
Reitmans is a great company to work for. I have been with them for almost 10 years because I believe in what the company stands for and level of Customer service they have to offer. I have enjoyed having the opportunity to grow through this company, starting out as a part time key holder moving up to Store manager. They value the employees and try to provide a very positive atmosphere for management and team members. I love that Reitmans believes that team work is how you become successful.

My 2 favorite parts of my job are...#1 Helping my team learn. Watching them grow into amazing associates. # 2 is providing an exceptional experience for our customers. It is such a great feeling knowing you helped brightened someone's day by helping the feel amazing.
Lack of motivation and direction and no chance for advancement. Change of policies very often. Upper management lack empathy to employees and demand unreasonable results with minimum training
-Typical day at work was a busy, yet fun day. Lot's of interaction with different customers of all ages ranging from 15-80.
-Learned people management and social interaction. Customer sales representative with experience in all fields in the store.

-Easily managed store, managers were easy to get along with and easy to reach out to if any problems occured.

-I got along well with all of the co-workers in store and in the 4 years being there, I never ran into any conflict with anyone.

-Hardest part of the job was going into a new position, learning new tasks, but happily accepted the challenge and caught on quickly.

-Most enjoyable part of the job was being able to interact with new and different people every single day. You got to a point where you would have your daily or weekly regulars whom you got to build a relationship with and get to know on a more personal level.
Great company to work for if looking for a flexible work week.

Great work environment.

Good support system.

Room for advancement
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Not enough full time positions
I love the company that I am currently employed with.
Sadly, there have been some in store changes that were out of my control and have created an uncomfortable working situation.
Cons
long hours, inexperienced management