Reitmans (Canada) Ltd
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

Just the run of the mill retail job

My job overall was a lot of fun because of my colleagues and customers. The upper management (store manager, district store manger) run off of gossip, and internal gossip between stores (although against company policy) still happens and makes helping at other location awkward.

cancellation of shifts and hours

worst place ever to work for , manager wont cancel shift of her fav employee but rest will keep on cancelling shifts and reduce even the 4 hour shift bec apparently store doesnt make enough sale but infront of u store is actually crowded with never ending customers , extremely slow nothing to do its better to broom the roads rather than working for this place , no dress code at all people domt even know who is the customer and who is the employee

Pros

nothing

Cons

politics

Questionable decisions higher up

I was hired by a manager who was leaving within a week of offering me the job. Despite being hired for a part-time position with full-time hours during busier periods, I was thrown into a full time job and was, WITHIN MY FIRST WEEK, the only member of management in the store before a new full-time manager arrived. The current store manager is wonderful but there are a lot of issues with the company higher up and the pay and benefits are terrible.

Pros

Nice Store Manager

Cons

Serious company-wide issues

Most of the staff were great to work with.

When I started there in 2017 the management and staff were great to work with. The best part if the job was the clientele. I worked for the now defunct Addition Elle, very unique work atmosphere. Positive and all inclusive. Sadly in 2018 changes were made to management and the atmosphere became stale. Orders from head office placed more emphasis on cost efficiency and less on customer service.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Addition Elle is gone

Trop de pression et aucune reconnaissance

Entreprise qui propose 50 grammes de bonbons de Noël à partager avec toute l'équipe, on peut déjà se rendre compte de l'importance qu'elle accorde à l'employé qui travaille en magasin et qui a travaillé fort et soutenu l'entreprise pendant une période de pandémie. Mauvais salaire, la direction et le service RH n'offrent aucun soutien. Aucune opportunité de carrière, seulement si vous êtes le chouchou.

Pros

Rien

Cons

Direction

Turn around

Turn around is like going to the bathroom, manager with no skills just luck of being there when normal hard working people quit.Stressfuk at akk time high.

Cons

Non reconnaissance de ses employés

Ne paie pas ses employés en fonction de leurs compétences et de leur rendement. Peut engager de nouveaux employés à des salaires plus élevés que les employés déjà en place depuis quelques temps (années). Très difficile d'augmenter les salaires des employés déjà en place. Ne respecte pas les bonus de référence. Toutes ces décisions se prennent au siège social. Les superviseurs font de leur mieux, mais sans les autorisations, ils ont les mains liées.

Pros

rabais employés

Mediocre Retail Job

What can I say? Its your standard retail position. Your paid minimum wage yet expected to go above and beyond your job. Customers yell at you and theres nothing you can do about it. The store is highly disorganized and constantly a mess. Co workers were great which made it bearable.

Great company, Great people!

Reitmans was one of the best places to work. The management was very fun and understanding, and your co workers turned into family. The overall job itself was fun and enjoyable, helping people find outfits that made them feel good with a good vibe to the store.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Long hours for inventory!

Decent place to be but they really cut hours

They weren’t that great when I started but when we got a new manager it got 10X better but near when I decided to quit I was only getting 3hour shifts and constantly getting cancelled shifts so it was hard to wanna stay when I wasn’t making much to begin with and that made it worse. Other wise it was a positive place to be and super chill staff would have stayed if I wasn’t getting 3 hour shifts or cancelled shifts.

Pros

Great staff, positive environment

Cons

Too short of shifts

Jobs at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

See more jobs

Amazing staff, wages, and overall environment

I felt welcome from the second i was hired. You are more than just a number there and even higher up management is caring and always comes to the store to check up. The company is great to work at, there are great benefits and discounts and everyone who works there is so kind, caring and are just overall great people!

Pros

Great discount, great wages, welcoming environment

Unprofessional and boring

If your looking for a minimum wage job with no advancement, Reitmans is the place to be. Management is chosen based on seniority with little people skills. They are focused on the wrong individuals. People who have been there for decades are the favourite whereas new blood is frowned upon. When encountering problems, HR does not react. A department that is untrustworthy. Also, a revolving door. Look elsewhere!

Pros

Friday’s, cafeteria

Cons

Management, parking

Best Place I’ve Worked!

This place doesn’t feel like work, it feels like family. Anyone whose given a bad review obviously didn’t have a good attitude towards the job or a good connection with their DSM. I love this place!

Pros

Discounts, incentives, bonuses

Fun place to work at.

The store manager and all the employees are great. It's like one big happy family. I had learned how to fold clothes differently.I really enjoyed picking out outfits for our customers.

Pros

Fun and laid back place to work

Cons

I was only part time

Excellent starting point if you would like to work in the retail business.

Keeping in mind the retail business is not my area of experience. It was my first time working in a store and more than likely my last time. I did not enjoy my experience. I was trained for 1 or 2 week before we fell back in lock down for the second time. Luckily for me they decided to keep me on handling the e-commerce sails. I was trained for 1 or 2 days for this. For the entire time this is what I did. Not too exciting. Then when the stores were allowed to open up again, they had me open up a store on my own. I had no idea of this before I was in front of the store. I had mentioned to the manager who is supposed to be the employee trainer as well as a manager of one of the stores that I was not ready to do so. Totally not listening to my concerns and ignored them. The staff that I had worked with were all nice. The managers do however talk badly about their employees behind their back, at least this was my experience. The expectation is a little exaggerated, they expect their employees to disinfect the cabins after every use, that the in store customers be served, make sure that the clothes on display are continuously hung up, folded and picked up from the floor, make sure that the boxes are unpacked, hung up on hangers, scanned for prices and then put on floor, as well as make sure that the online orders are taking care as well. All this when you are 2 or 3 people at a time in the store. One employee who does not know how to handle the cash and was not trained. That person was a manager from another store and they expected her to start cleaning cabins, hanging up the clothes -

Pros

Excellent job to start in for a person who is pursuing a career in retail.

Cons

Lack of organization, managers do not listen to their employees concerns

Excellent place to work

Fun friendly upper management, company is very focused on ensuring staff have what they need, DSM is flexible and willing to work with each store as an individual team

Pros

Very diverse

Cons

Lots of information from head office, they are learning to organize better communication output

Agréable

Lorsque j’ai commencé chez Reitmans, dans ma première année j’ai été promu au poste de 3e clé. Car j’étais disponible en tout temps. Par la suite 3 ans plus tard j’ai été promu chef d’équipe. Chez Reitmans, il faut être extrêmement patient pour grandir au sein de l’entreprise et surtout avoir une excellente relation avec la directrice des ventes de sont district. Le salaire n’est pas extraordinaire et le travail n’est pas stressant mais tu n’a pas le choix de gagner tes ventes et de porter les vêtements du magasin.

Pros

Rabais Employé

Cons

DDV, Le salaire - L’opportunité de grandir

Horrible management

One and only job I have ever been fired from . Treated very unfairly by new management and district manager. The only good thing about them is their discount on clothing , considering they make you wear up to date clothing (most of my pay cheque went there). I don’t talk Ill of any other place I’ve worked as I would never want to burn bridges , but this place was horrible.

Pros

Most girls were great to work with

Cons

Everything else

Pire embaucheur a vie

Plus jamais je ne suggèrerais les magasins reitmans! De l’harcèlement psychologique et émotionnelle

Très bien

Très belle expérience j’ai appris beaucoup de choses

Cons

Great Canadian company to work for

Great company there was room for growth and lots of chances for personal development, wonderful focus on customer service and product knowledge. Only reason I left was poor wages found a higher paying company to work for

Pros

Great company culture

Cons

Their pay scale is off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement

Compare Reitmans (Canada) Ltd with

• Reitmans (Canada) Ltd
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?