Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

good place to work with amazing coworkers
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON14 August 2018
a typical day at work would involve helping all customers when they are there. replenishing the stock when traffic is down. hardest part would be dealing with unhappy customers but we can always work it out.
Pros
get a discount on product
Cons
not to many hours
Horrible
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC4 August 2018
Il y a beacoup de favoritisme au sein de l’équipe par exemple je n’avais pas d’heures par ce que j’étais nouvelle, mais une autre nouvelle obtiens plus d’heures que moi ok? Je suis étudiante et je dois acheter des vetement a chaque fois qu’il y a une nouvelle collection alors que je n’ai pas d’heures et donc pas d’argent pour les acheter!! Il y a trop d’exigence face au service a la clientele j’ai l’impression d’agresser les clientes tellement on me pousse a aller les voir a chaque 2 secondes et apres on se demande pourquoi elles sont pas fines
Pros
Souvent vide
Cons
Atmosphere de travail
Good for Part time.
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 July 2018
Good place for a student to work part time.

Working full time with any title above sales associate, your job is never safe. They move employees around from store to store, and if you do not wish to switch locations (maybe its too far from home) then you will never be offered another promotion through the company.

Often when employees leave, they do not rush to fill the position and others are expected to do the extra work with out any extra compensation. This goes on for extended periods of time and wears out the staff mentally and physically.

Unfortunately, they have a program that sets unrealistic sales goals (ei: Goal of $5000 for the day and you might only have 25 customers that day) and if you fail to reach the sales goal, you are reprimanded and in ongoing cases, let go.

Their benefits are decent, however it can take a very long time to get them.
Good and bad experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON29 July 2018
Manager sucks but employees are the sweetest. Alot of new people coming in and leaving fast. Manger is demanding and rude as she only cared about being on the phone all the time
Environnement productif et agreable
Commis/Caissière (Former Employee) –  Tracadie-Sheila, NB27 July 2018
J'ai aimé travailler pour cette entreprise, heure flexible belle ambiance etc...
Productive and fun work environment
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Kanata, ON23 July 2018
Working at Reitmans helped me get a sense of the fashion world, and what was in and was was fading out. I would help women of all ages find their style and sizes that worked fro them and their body type. I learned so much working their, and it helped my own wardrobe grow.
Pros
Discounted on clothes
Cons
Have to wear their cloths and stay on tope of each season
Great job for a high school student!
Fashion Associate/ Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Bay Roberts, NL21 July 2018
I've worked here for over two years during high school and going into university and absolutely love it. It is the perfect part time job for a confident and bubbly girl who enjoys fashion. It's a friendly fast paced environment with staff and other coworkers who encourage you to succeed. I started off as a seasonal part time employee and was kept on as part time throughout the school year and quickly worked up to being a key holder.I'm also our stores Hyba Product Pro and Accessory Product Pro. I liked that there was room for advancement if you were skilled and excelled in your position. My favourite part is having my own segments as I love reaching a target and getting praise from my manager for it. It was a real motivator. I would like to see more employee contests, or recognition for associates who go above and beyond. at my store I was given very flexible hours and they understood when I was and wasn't available. One downside is that shifts could be cut last minute as in just hours before they start if the store isn't performing well that day. I would defiantly recommend any young girl looking for a first job to apply here as it was a great experience for me!
Pros
Employee discount, flexible hours, positive enviroment
Cons
Needing to purchase new clothes frequently
depends on where you work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB17 July 2018
great place to work depending on team. Very empowering for all women. gives you a sense f appreciation for all sizes. Managers work in teams alot, with other members of store.
Pros
team effort
Cons
regional managers are too demanding
Friendly & professional
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 July 2018
It was a good place to work. The manager at the time was very good about scheduling and making sure the compromise in the schedule was good for both the company and employees working there. Very professional and friendly environment!
My advice: Please stay away from this company!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 July 2018
A typical day at the store as a Fashion Associate consists of running around the store while management sits on the phone to gossip, or running around while they constantly check the status and numbers of the other stores on the computer.

Become exhausted by putting clothes back, dealing with old and outdated technology and taking the role of a manager while they are constantly absent. Also processing a lot of returns from online and other stores is a large chunk of your time at the cash desk, following this you will get penalized if you were unable to flip to return into an exchange. This deducts out of the SFL's (management's) segment which is now for some reason your issue.

Constant sales changing every day or every week cause the consumer to never purchase regular price which makes it VERY difficult to reach any sales goal as they just "wait" for it to go on promotion. Customers also come in upset when they've just purchased an item and it's now on promotion the next day- further causing them to wait for a sale when they see something they like. Reitmans does offer a 14 day price adjustment policy if you go in store but this almost never flips their mind, causing them to just re order the now cheaper items online and return the regular priced to the store- leaving us with no profit.

Management is in need of a wake up call! They do not see their hard working staff as people with feelings. We are there to benefit them and that is that. They make you wait for your break until an hour before your shift is finished (where you feel as if you are going
  more... to pass out or gnaw on your fingers) and they are so quick to cut your hours when things aren't going in their favor. I understand this is a business but it's almost borderline abuse.

In conclusion, Reitmans needs to get itself together and figure things out. Too many loopholes for customers to abuse the system and we are far too accommodating to customers when THEY are not following the rules.This company expects you to preform miracles. Please understand this is just my personal experience at the location I am employed, however unfortunately when speaking to other stores in the district I know this is the case almost everywhere.
Pros
50% off all regular priced merchandise
Cons
Management, outdated technology, hours, quality of product
It was a decent job with good ideals
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 July 2018
Reitmans was fun to work at on the busy days. Interacting with all kinds of customers was the highlight of your day. The company had a lot of group goals you had to complete and that was challenging some days especially when it was dead. Managers treat you good and fair.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No benefits, hours aren't flexible
Excellent Place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2018
I spent almost 6 years with Reitmans and if it wasn't for me Relocating where there was no store for me to transfer to I would still be with them now,
I enjoyed the team work of the staff.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2018
I enjoyed working at REITMAN'S It was a change of pace from being in a school environment. A typical evening varied from very busy to slow. I learned how to listen to customers, to help them find what they were looking for. The hardest part of the job was adapting to new management. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the atmosphere of the smaller retail outlet
Pros
The wages were competitive and the price discounts were awesome
Cons
You were required to wear current merchandise. This meant new clothes every 6 - 10 weeks
great eemployees
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON10 June 2018
Management was horrible not organized at all Employees were great easy to get along with Company needs to listen to their employees about issues with there stores
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
management horrible
productive and organized
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 June 2018
During my time working with Reitmans, I had a lot of fun working there. They are very organized and productive and everyone works together! I loved being able to help people find things they want and love and help them leave the store satisfied.
Really enjoyed Reitmans
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 June 2018
Found that it was a very pleasant place to work, not usually very busy but the staff were always friendly and created a positive workplace . Would definitely recommend .
Fun and fast-paced work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC4 June 2018
Excellent management and staff.
Great team environment to work in.
They work with your needs and give clear instructions on how they believe your position should work.

Great stepping stone within career path. I didn't enjoy as much as other jobs however I learned many different attributes in regards to working life. Customer Service, courteous awareness, computer skills, and much more! I learned so much in so little time.
Great!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB3 June 2018
Loved working here!! They are an amazing company! Everyone was awesome to work with and it was very well managed!! I would highly recommend this company for anyone who lives fashion!
Expérience
Fashion advisor (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC30 May 2018
J'ai beaucoup appris chez Reitmans en ce qui a trait au services à la clientèle, à la connaissances de leurs produits et de comment être en charges de tâches importantes. Cet emploi m'a permis de me développer de nouvelles compétences.
Not great
Sales Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 May 2018
The management was terrible and was not very accommodating the hours were terrible but if you’re in high school just looking for a part time this would probably work for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.