Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

Great company there was room for growth and lots of chances for personal development, wonderful focus on customer service and product knowledge. Only reason I left was poor wages found a higher paying company to work for
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Their pay scale is off
One and only job I have ever been fired from . Treated very unfairly by new management and district manager. The only good thing about them is their discount on clothing , considering they make you wear up to date clothing (most of my pay cheque went there). I don’t talk Ill of any other place I’ve worked as I would never want to burn bridges , but this place was horrible.
Pros
Most girls were great to work with
Cons
Everything else
Plus jamais je ne suggèrerais les magasins reitmans! De l’harcèlement psychologique et émotionnelle
Très belle expérience j’ai appris beaucoup de choses
Cons
Horrible company to work for..Very tight knit group and no respect for employees. Expect to work alone and have to do a lot or you get in trouble or fired over the littlest mistake
J'ai travaillé à cette entreprise pour environ 3 semaines seulement. Je ne suis jamais partie aussi vite d'un emploi auparavant. La gestion fouille les employés lorsqu'ils finissent leur quart de travail. Lors du quart de travail, un membre de gestion vient t'harceler pour que tu pousses ton pitch de vente aux clientes qui viennent de passer la porte. Code vestimentaire extrêmement strict. Salaire minimum. Conditions de travail horribles.
Pros
Rabais employé
Cons
Tout
Ils creent une affaire de saisonnier. Vous travaillez des années pour eux sans aucune assurance, sans rien il te paie juste le minimum. Pour moi cela s'appelle exploiter les gens et s'enrichir au depens.
Not much room to move up in company, also you can work there 10 years as a part time employee and never make more than minimum wage no matter how good you are.
Only a month into working with Reitmans. I knew I was going to be treated like a number. The lack of support from our district manager is beyond words. The expectations and dead lines were unrealistic with the very low hours distributed in the week. Visual flips every two weeks, high volume of online orders to fulfill, a lot of stock to do and assisting customers at store level with only two employees in the store working. Sometime you work alone so you don’t over spend on hours. Terrible.
Pros
Zero
Cons
Toxic environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd?
Found the company was behind the curve in modern day shopping. BAck office technology needed help - BUT they were working on improving as much as possible - until the procurement team moved from IT to Finance and then COVID struck.....
Pros
good cafeteria
Cons
flexible for home and remote work
I had a great store manager and great coworkers but upper management is stupid. They don’t know how to run a business. The customer is not always right and they never stand up for their employees. As someone in an HR profession now, I can tell that Reitmans won’t be around for very long. All they look at is store sales, they don’t care if their employees go above and beyond for customers , if the sale is not there then they don’t care for you.
Cons
Upper Management does not pay enough attention to how their stores are operating
Very stressful trying to achieve targets. Not enough employees for workload. Bonuses are next to impossible to receive. Good discount on clothing but prices are high so things are always on sale. Lots of changes within management.
This is one of the worst jobs I have had. It was incredibly surprising to hear from employees at other locations that they enjoyed it. The Courtenay location seems to be an outlier in that way. When I first started the current manager was stealing hours from employees and was only fired after far too many complaints were filed to HR. The new manager was the best I've had but the management of the company in general seemed very poor. The communication was lacking greatly. A typical day would be clocking in, helping customers, starting fitting rooms for them, taking out any new stock that had arrived, performing returns, tidying the store, and clocking out. The workplace culture while I was there was pretty toxic. Within the Courtenay store there were several employees that would complain about anyone, and everyone. Nobody would take fault for their actions and would push each other down whenever possible. Problems are often left for someone else to finally deal with them. Hardest part of the job is dealing with rude and angry customers, and trying to communicate with higher-ups. Overall, the day-to-day activities of helping customers and doing stock, etc. were fine. The management, toxic culture, and lack of care for your health and safety were the main reasons this job was incredibly stressful and unenjoyable. I would not recommend working at the Courtenay location unless several employee changes have been made.
Pros
Occasional bonuses and competitions with prizes (though very small)
Cons
Poor communication, toxic culture, rude customers, higher-ups do not listen, you are completely disposable, selling poor quality clothing
The environment is noisy,No scope to prove own excellency.no friendly collaboration.boring and This could affect the employee's current pay or it could help an employee get extra assistance with their job.
Cons
Not a good place to work..very stressful.. Lack of support from the head office. The old associates ( working there long) are hard headed.Frequent turnover for managers
Pros
Just the discount
Cons
Never. Never to work there
Unfortunately, the company continued to add on roles to salespeople in the store without increasing the rate of pay. There were a lot of structural issues in place that hindered individual stores' success. Did not feel supported by upper management. With a couple changes, the in-store environment has potential to be great.
Travail parfait pour étudiant où étudiante surtout si le domaine de la Mode t’intéresse
Great first job. Very nice people and very collaborative. They were great at teaching about customer service and how to deal with cash. Definitely a safe first place to work.
- understanding management - perfect balance work\home - yearly review - you get what you deserve - no stress for your tasks when you respect your due dates - no micro management
Pros
reduced lunch prices
I loved working T reitmas my boss was great. I was only part time and had to leave due to it being just too much to work 2 jobs. one full and one part.
this is one of the best places I have worked. the manager is understandig and caring, as well as the employees! it is a great place to learn on exelling