Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

Fun and exciting environment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 April 2018
I loved this job. The environment was fantastic and my boss was a joy to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone. It was a fun and entertaining environment and it always keeps you thinking and on your feet.
Pros
Great flexibility
5 years part time
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 April 2018
I have worked at Reitmans for almost five years, I have found it to be a rewarding and challenging job at times. There are many benefits in terms of building relationships and gaining skills, but there are always flaws as with any company. I do recommend Reitmans as a company for anyone looking for Part-Time employment for temporary need. I don't recommend for a long term career.
Pros
networking, laid back, skill improvement.
Cons
little room to move up, stressful during holiday times, some communication issues within the company.
Stay away
Warehouse clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 April 2018
Miserable employees, a big ego, low productivity, resistance to change, and a one-way communication style are often signs of bad management skills. A business that has poor management personnel in place has multiple problems. ... Eventually, this affects the overall aesthetic of a business as poor reviews come in and employees begin to quit unannounced. It is important to employ the right management personalities and skills for what your particular business needs
Pros
n/a
Cons
Miserable Employees, A Big Ego, Resistance to Change, Low Productivity
It was a great place to work ! plesant and energetic place to work !
Manager (Former Employee) –  Slave lakeh10 April 2018
It was a very pleasant place to work ! Management entitled to oversee associates to great customers and help with sizing and make customers feel comfortable when in changing room Incase they needed different sizes ! We all work as a team when it was severely day, all stock had to be properly hung on hangers, steamed , prices ! Then on displays had to be done for each week! Hardest part of job was finding reliable workers. Overall it was an enjoyable experience.
Handwork - for just customer service - you do more than what is expected
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 April 2018
This place really takes a toll on you! If you are fashion associate - they will make you work way harder than you are actually getting paid. And sometime the management just doesn't work as had as the part=timers.
Pros
Good people - usually
Cons
Not worth the pay
environnement agréable
Réception et traitements des commandes en ligne (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 April 2018
travail redandant mais correct pour des etudiants .
Pros
caffeteria, stationnement
Cons
salaire
Not great
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB4 April 2018
The one I worked at had a 17 year old assistant manager that would take advantage of me all the time. She would make me do her work and she would sit in the back on the phone with friends. Hours would be cut all the time and new people came all the time when we were overstaffed to begin with.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Everything else
Never again
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2018
Studio owner is rude and condesending. Uncomfortable working environment. I would not recommend working here. Pay is ok but stressful environment without a doubt
Key Holder, Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON2 April 2018
I worked for Reitmans for three years in the positions of key holder and assistant manager. I enjoyed the staff, the customers and the job in general.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Work hours: weekends and holidays
Fun but boring
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 March 2018
Really not a busy place. Walked around looking for things to do when customers weren't in the store. Really boring but fun cause music would play in the background
Pros
Paid break
Cons
No motivation
what i learned
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
Customer service. Setting up visual displays as per company plan. Learning how to manage cash register . Also unpacking new merchandise and getting it ready for the sales floor with folding or steaming.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
on call shifts
Would have been better with PROPER MANAGER
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON19 March 2018
In my last 4 months I worked in the Woodstock Reitmans store as a Team Lead. The Manager there was not able to really lead a team. She was too worried about her looking good and did not care about staff at all.
Organized, Fun place to work
Sales Associate/ Cashier/ Visual Merchandising (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
-Very organized workplace
-Always busy, time goes by fast
-Usually part time hours
-Clothe are nice
-Management was really nice
-Would work there again
Pros
Very Organized
Cons
Pressure of making sales goals
A completely new workplace for me!
Global Sourcing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montreal, CA7 March 2018
The workplace was 100% new but I know the nature of work. I had a chance to work with new nice people; inside the company and the partner and customer
Productive and fun atmosphere to work in,
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 March 2018
Reitmans is a great place to build experience, the training provided is quite good. I enjoy working here, I just have no opportunity to advance, and that is ultimately my goal.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Not team focused
Good
Conseillère mode (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 February 2018
I had a nice time working for reitmans. The priority of the company and the values are well explained and actions are put in place to insure a nice work environment.
très bon envvironnement de travail
Chef d'équipe/assistante gérante (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 February 2018
C'est une excellente compagnie pour travailler, j'ai appris beaucoup
Pros
les avantages liés aux rabais employés
Productive Workplace with a great discount
Fashion Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 February 2018
Wonderful place to work, great hours and great discounts were given. Contests were great motivators for the team to work harder (ex: if the team made a certain amount of jewelry sales, each member got a free accessory)
Cons
Missing manager for a long time
My truth about working here.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 February 2018
I've been working at Reitmans for a year and I have found it a very unstable and negative environment to work at. The sales associates are amazing. However, store management needed improvement. I found my store manager really unapproachable and very protected by higher management such as district sales managers, etc. I approached about advancing in the company seeing as I had the experience and craved the opportunity to become something more than a sales associate and my manager basically told me I didn't have the skills although I had been a manager for 2 years prior to working at this store.

The hours are really unstable so if you are looking for a job that can give you hours, I would suggest looking somewhere else. When I first started I got 20 hours a week, seeing as part time is 10-20 hours a week this was excellent for me. However, when we got the new manager I started getting 3 hours to no hours. Unfortunately it is hard to pay bills and have any sort of lifestyle with barely any shifts. Not to mention management will call you and take your shifts away two days before scheduled to work because they are down sales for the day.

My training was put off for four months before I got properly trained and learned what the company was about, which was disappointing because management looked down on me for not knowing Reitmans procedures when I was trained by someone who was new themselves.

The hardest part of the job at my location is dealing with the upper management. They always seem so strained and uptight. It's hard to make any sort of connection with them or
  more... even feel comfortable working with them.

The most enjoyable part is customer interaction and when you're off lol.

A typical day at work is going in and not being told any sort of targets, the most i've ever heard is an astronomical number that we are supposed to hit (and i mean astronomical). How am I supposed to feel like I can obtain these goals when they are unrealisitc? You are also given a huge list of tasks, then get told to go help customers, and when you don't finish your list you are generally frowned upon.

Reitmans has no christmas party, no employee of the month, no recognition for hard work (unless you're management at my store), just an overall negative place to work.

Wish it wasn't so negative but unfortunately this is my experience.
Pros
we had free coffee once.
Cons
no shifts, bad management, horrible training, no staff recoginition, negative environment
Company promotes growth, but hours are long and inconsistent
Sales Floor Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 February 2018
One of the best companies I've worked for. I have moved up multiple times in the company, and they give their staff lots of opportunities for growth. They also have bonus programs in place for part-time employees, as well as compensation programs for part-time employees to encourage loyalty and longevity. However, as with any retail position, the hours are long and inconsistent.
Pros
Employee discount, job advancement
Cons
Inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.