Reitmans (Canada) Ltd

Reitmans (Canada) Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada494 reviews
Unreliable hours but friendly (for the most part)
Posted hours are not guaranteed, especially if you are hired part-time; they will call maybe an hour before your shift and if it's been a slow day they will try to cut your shift or cancel it entirely. The only benefit for working here is the discount for all sister brands, however, they watch where/what you purchase to ensure that you don't extend the discount to family (not just friends). The pay was only minimum wage, nothing more/less and other staff are usually friendly. All in all, don't rely on this company as your sole income unless you acquire a salary position. Management in my location was great and friendly (store manager) but the District Manager was an okay presence, not always the most polite.
I enjoyed working there
It was a fun place to work until they changed management , then it became stressful. Over all was a good place to work and they respected your home life as well as your work life.
Fun workplace
I worked here for two years, never guaranteed hours and had shifts constantly cancelled. Although the woman I worked with were amazing, management was questionable. I enjoyed helping people find the best outfit to suit their own personal style.
team lead
Having worked there for 10 yrs i have a great relationship with customers and have bonded with many, knowing their personal needs.
The hardest part of the job was to keep up with the constant changes and as well the pay
J'ai bien aimé travaillé pour cette compagnie
J'ai bien aimé mon expérience pour cette compagnie.
J'ai quitté à cause d'une restructuration et je perdais beaucoup d'avantages.
I worked at Reitmans full-time for more than 4 years
I have a learned a lot at Reitmans, we had an amazing team and everyone is collaborative.
With flexible work environement is easy to work from home too.
Productive, Fun, Competative
Reitmans was very good to their employees. They had multiple competitions, on who can sell the most, which really encouraged us to sell more. Also, the management was kind and encouraging
Great people | Poor senior management
No end game planned | Senior leadership mailing it in | No urgency to improve nor change | Typical "old white men" leading the organization who have lost touch with reality | Hearts are in the right place though | Incompetence is unintentional
Not a bad place to work
Company offers decent salary, group insurance, and limited education assistance.

I would like to see the upper management take a more serious stance on IT practices
très agréable
bonne expérience au sein de l'entreprise Reitmans.
n/a
we were required to wear the most current fashion in the store. The discount was nice but when you only 3 hrs a week its hard to stay on trend like they require.
Fast paced and always changing
fast paced and always adjusting to the new realities of retail. Definitely full of opportunities and constantly looking to better myself in the business wold!
Excellent collaborative team, not sure that was the norm!
Excellent team. Challenging, interesting work, that provides the motivation to take our skillsets to the next level. Lots of engagement with leadership and cross-functional teams. Sample sales for all banners, 2x every 2 weeks. No cap on in-store discounts.
Worst company to work for
Do not work for this company, the only good benefit is the 50%discount on regular priced items,the clothes itself are expensive and you are expected to buy and afford that when you get paid minimum wage and only 10 hours or less a week for a sales associate
Reitmans was a great place to work with wonderful co workers!
I enjoyed going to work every shift and loved helping ladies with outfits and such! I learned more about communication skills, and loved being able to see an insight on different styles!
Environnement agréable et l'aide est toujours à porter de main!
J'adore travailler en équipe et cet endroit est la place pour cela. La clientèle est super également.
productive et sécuritaire
- parler avec les clients
- ouvrir du nouveau stock

- avoir des petits cours en ligne
Pros
l'équipe est chaleureuse
Cons
rester débout presque toutes la journée
Not fun to work
Not a good place to work..very stressful.. Lack of support from the head office. The old associates ( working there long) are hard headed.Frequent turnover for managers
Pros
Just the discount
Cons
Never. Never to work there
productive good place to work with fahsion
This company was good to work for especially getting to know the fashion in todays industry. It is a good company to work for. The mangers were far to all new employees. The employees that have been working there were very welcoming to the new comers.
Great place
Honestly a wonderful place to work. Alot of rubbing around but the women that work there are great. There are currently no men working there however there was a man working there at one point.
Fast Paced workplace, could use better management.
Pros
-Good staff training

-Paid on time

-Employee discounts

Cons

-Management

-Scheduling

- Did not provide resources to problems

I had good experiences with the company, and made long lasting friendships. It was difficult moving up in the company due to management training.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.