Reitmans (Canada) Limited
Happiness score is 56 out of 100

Reitmans (Canada) Limited Employee Reviews

Canada545 reviews

Great company, Great people!

Featured review

Reitmans (Canada) Limited selected this as a representative review
Reitmans was one of the best places to work. The management was very fun and understanding, and your co workers turned into family. The overall job itself was fun and enjoyable, helping people find outfits that made them feel good with a good vibe to the store.

Pros

Great environment

Cons

Long hours for inventory!

One of the best places to work

Reitmans was an extremely fun, and inclusive store to work for. My coworkers were some of the best people I’ve met. Work can be fast or slow paced depending on the day and time.

Pros

Great discount on clothes

Cons

Can’t guarantee hours for part timers

All they care about are numbers, not people

When I first started, it was fun and relaxed. Then they implemented a program where they counted customers coming into the store compared to sales (conversion) and that was all anyone cared about.

Inconsistent

Reitmans is great if you want to kill time and take advantage of their discount. Other than that it was not worth it working there. Shifts got frequently cancelled or had no shifts at all, district managers and head office were always out of touch, and the fashion is recycled and outdated. Luckily the managers and keyholders made the job fun and bearable.

Pros

Fun store management

Cons

Inconsistent hours

Working at Reitmans was a great learning experience in the clothing business

Strongly recommend working at Reitmans everyone is friendly and eager to guide new comers.Changing the visual setup of products was a great experience as well.

Save your time and energy

Great if you want no hours and empty promises (coming from an employee of 5 years) I stayed at this job throughout high school as it was my only option. It’s fine if you are wanting 1 3 hour shift a week

This was a part- time job. It was ok. It was in a good location. The staff were helpful.

I liked working there as a part- time employee. The staff were helpful. The cash register was difficult to use when doing credit back. Displays were fun to set up.

Pros

Deals on clothes.

Cons

Low pay

Oldfashioned, but relaxed workplace

Pros- Work is easy- Flexible hours- Pleasant coworkersCons- No career movement- Dictated by cliquey upper management- No learning opportunities

Good people but hard work and no benefits

Very tough work and expecting you to work overtime in order to get a raise. In comparison to other warehouses, they do not give you any benefits whatsoever.

Cons

No Benefits

Its ok

It is a decent retail job to acquire for part time work. The company is fun and are making quality clothes with many sales to keep up with. Staff is very friendly.

Environnement agréable Compétitif

Beaucoup de réunion Entreprise anglophone Doit y avoir une rapidité d’exécution Travail sous tension continuelleBelle gang Beaucoup d’entraide

Pros

Réductions sur achats de produits Assurances collectives

Cons

Aucun stationnements

cancellation of shifts and hours

worst place ever to work for , manager wont cancel shift of her fav employee but rest will keep on cancelling shifts and reduce even the 4 hour shift bec apparently store doesnt make enough sale but infront of u store is actually crowded with never ending customers , extremely slow nothing to do its better to broom the roads rather than working for this place , no dress code at all people domt even know who is the customer and who is the employee

Pros

nothing

Cons

politics

Just the run of the mill retail job

My job overall was a lot of fun because of my colleagues and customers. The upper management (store manager, district store manger) run off of gossip, and internal gossip between stores (although against company policy) still happens and makes helping at other location awkward.

Questionable decisions higher up

I was hired by a manager who was leaving within a week of offering me the job. Despite being hired for a part-time position with full-time hours during busier periods, I was thrown into a full time job and was, WITHIN MY FIRST WEEK, the only member of management in the store before a new full-time manager arrived. The current store manager is wonderful but there are a lot of issues with the company higher up and the pay and benefits are terrible.

Pros

Nice Store Manager

Cons

Serious company-wide issues

Most of the staff were great to work with.

When I started there in 2017 the management and staff were great to work with. The best part if the job was the clientele. I worked for the now defunct Addition Elle, very unique work atmosphere. Positive and all inclusive. Sadly in 2018 changes were made to management and the atmosphere became stale. Orders from head office placed more emphasis on cost efficiency and less on customer service.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Addition Elle is gone

Trop de pression et aucune reconnaissance

Entreprise qui propose 50 grammes de bonbons de Noël à partager avec toute l'équipe, on peut déjà se rendre compte de l'importance qu'elle accorde à l'employé qui travaille en magasin et qui a travaillé fort et soutenu l'entreprise pendant une période de pandémie. Mauvais salaire, la direction et le service RH n'offrent aucun soutien. Aucune opportunité de carrière, seulement si vous êtes le chouchou.

Pros

Rien

Cons

Direction

Turn around

Turn around is like going to the bathroom, manager with no skills just luck of being there when normal hard working people quit.Stressfuk at akk time high.

Cons

Non reconnaissance de ses employés

Ne paie pas ses employés en fonction de leurs compétences et de leur rendement. Peut engager de nouveaux employés à des salaires plus élevés que les employés déjà en place depuis quelques temps (années). Très difficile d'augmenter les salaires des employés déjà en place. Ne respecte pas les bonus de référence. Toutes ces décisions se prennent au siège social. Les superviseurs font de leur mieux, mais sans les autorisations, ils ont les mains liées.

Pros

rabais employés

Mediocre Retail Job

What can I say? Its your standard retail position. Your paid minimum wage yet expected to go above and beyond your job. Customers yell at you and theres nothing you can do about it. The store is highly disorganized and constantly a mess. Co workers were great which made it bearable.

Decent place to be but they really cut hours

They weren’t that great when I started but when we got a new manager it got 10X better but near when I decided to quit I was only getting 3hour shifts and constantly getting cancelled shifts so it was hard to wanna stay when I wasn’t making much to begin with and that made it worse. Other wise it was a positive place to be and super chill staff would have stayed if I wasn’t getting 3 hour shifts or cancelled shifts.

Pros

Great staff, positive environment

Cons

Too short of shifts

Amazing staff, wages, and overall environment

I felt welcome from the second i was hired. You are more than just a number there and even higher up management is caring and always comes to the store to check up. The company is great to work at, there are great benefits and discounts and everyone who works there is so kind, caring and are just overall great people!

Pros

Great discount, great wages, welcoming environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Reitmans (Canada) Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement