Rehab First Inc.

Rehab First Inc. Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

A decent job with good balance

Not a bad job overall. A nice balance of person-centered/administrative work. Set work hours (with flexibility) without the need for overtime. Work volume fluctuates with turnover in professional group. Pay is not great for someone with lots of work history or experience. Little chance for advancement as there are limited management roles and low manager turnover. This is a job where you get to work from home (a nice perk) but means that you have to work harder to make connections with peers and have to use your personal vehicle for business purposes. Mileage pay is very low (WAY lower than industry standards). Support depends on which team/manager you get. I liked this job and likely would have stayed if pay was higher.

Pros

Lots of work from home; supported learning

Cons

Intermittent work volume; entry level pay; little advancement

Lots of work for little pay

The pros: a lot of support for new hires, clients are interesting, and lots of opportunities to consult with other discipline colleagues. Cons: The micro-managing structure is incredibly oppressive, the amount of stress created not just by the type of work but by the company culture is huge, and the pay is very low. You have fully licensed professionals being paid at the lowest possible end of the pay range for work that is comparatively more demanding in terms of volume and stress (lots of paperwork, and potential legal involvement for clients) than any other job in your field.

Insights into Rehab First Inc.

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great environment to start your career

To develop your skills as an OT the staff are very supportive and give you the needed time to ensure you are on the right track before you go out and see clients for assessments. I do have issues with their pay. Pay does not truly reflect the amount of work you do i sometimes had to work after hours.

Supportive Environment

The management is very supportive and encouraging towards new staff. Provided lots of opportunity to communicate and request assistance/support. Understanding of work/life balance.

Pros

Flexible Schedule

Cons

Improved Orientarion

Poor management and a focus on profits at the expense of quality service/staff

The company hires a lot of new graduates, so it is a great company for giving people a start to their careers. There is typically decent job security as well. The management, particularly senior management, is problematic. There are strong power imbalances and unprofessional conduct by senior management is commonplace. There is significant underappreciation of staff, and a mentality of profits over quality staff and client care is very evident. The workplace culture, influenced by management, is very poor.

Pros

Hire new graduates so a good opportunity to begin a career

Cons

Management, salary, workplace culture

Great place to work, lots of opportunity to grow

If you like to work from home then this is a great place to work. You have a lot of autonomy and flexibility. This is a company that really cares about their clients and it's great to be part of that kind of team.

Pros

Work from home, flexible schedule, promote from within, team environment

Cons

Occasionally need to work after hours or on weekends but you get compensated, use your own car but you are compensated

Poor management

I worked for RFI for many years. My job was always supported and was valued. Over the years they started to be very focused on stats, expanding non-clinical jobs(administrators, accounting, etc.) and not listening to suggestions from those working with clients. It's too bad as it used to be a good company to work for. It just seems to be about the money but not compensating the workers for what they are actual worth.

I have stayed at Rehab First for many years because I enjoy what I do and the people I work for and with!

I have learned more in my time working at Rehab First than any other company. Not only are the owners business minded but they are also clinicians who mentor their staff and provide opportunities for growth. I started with Rehab First many years ago as a Rehab Consultant and have been given opportunities I wouldn't have been given in other companies given their diversity or work, wealth of knowledge and multi-disciplinary approach.

Pros

Like minded treating professionals, client focused, go above and beyond for their clients and employees.

This is a great company to work for. Management is supportive, compensation is fair, and the work involves making a positive difference in client's lives.

Rehab First

It is a great company that provides wonderful patient care. The staff are very caring and go our of their way to help their patients. Management was awful.

Pros

Great patient care

Cons

Lots of drama

This is a terrible place to work

They don't give people raises. Management is completely unorganized. Unprofessional environment. Unfair treatment of lower heiarchy employees. Located in bad neighbourhood with unsavory characters.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Rehab First Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement