Regus

Regus Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews
Great start for your career
Working for Regus was a wonderful experience at first. It did eventually wear thin, there is only so far one can advance in your specific location, which is one reason I chose to move on. I would recommend this employer to someone just starting out in the industry, but not to someone who has already paved their way to an extent.
Stay away! Legal theifs wont pay back retainer (etobicoke)
I wish I could give this 0 stars.

We were with regus a total of two months. We left April 1st as of right now it’s been 56 days and counting since we asked for our retainer back to no avail.

Takes days to get an email response, if you're not just completely ignored.

They add “kitchen” amenities onto your bill regardless of whether you use them or not. This apparently is automatic? Funny that didn’t happen to us at all in the first month?

Had to pay for the office to be repainted. It was then done poorly and they wanted to charge us AGAIN for their shoddy handiwork before we left.

Was told we could upgrade our room for no extra cost and just pay the difference... tried after one month and a mysterious new fee had been added which nobody could explain.

Staff are nice enough. But essentially it useless.

Their whole business model is charge for everything to make up for low office rent. Got sick of the mystery charges. Constant fight to get money owed back (which im still fighting). Paper thin walls. And a management team who doesn’t want to answer your emails or calls or give you your retainer back.

I couldn’t recommend staying away from this place highly enough. If you’re a new business like us don’t be sucked in you will regret it.

STAY AWAY
All cannot fit in this kind of job
Very stressful, all the management level are not on the same line. All centres do not follow the same standard process n when you do you get in trouble for doing it.
Great entry level positions
PROS:
This is a great place to start your career. There a multiple aspects to the job that are transferable to many other careers. You can start in a more entry level position and move up. Plus, being a global company - you have the ability to move anywhere.

CONS:

Hours can be long if working at centre level, and very customer service driven, so if you can't handle complaints and angry people, might not be a good fit.
A multi perspective job
This is a diverse and interesting place to work. Clients are varied and you need to be able to adapt quickly. It's important to keep in mind that sometimes things will be fast past and sometimes it will be slow.
Opportunities for growth
I started as a community manager and received lots of support and mentoring from my then-manager. About a year later, my manager coached me with my promotion. Now I look after more centers, and my new manager is also very supportive. You work in smaller teams and you get to make a difference for your clients. Wage is fair, and work is challenging and engaging. It's different everyday.
No work life balance. Autocratic style of management
I worked here close to 3 years where I understood that the top level management have the most autocratic style of running this company. For them we are simply numbers and no inputs are taken from the managers or the associates. Always suffer from being short staffed as only favourites get to go on vacations when they want. White supremacy is a big thing you will not see any person of colour in their Canadian management level of operations which is not shocking to you once you start working here as they treat you differently if you are a POC and will not let you be a part of their outings or conversations. Sad but true. They need to send them to culture sensitivity training like now.
Pros
Locations, Clients and Health benefits
Cons
Autocratic management
Productive, Fun workplace, Lots of opportunity to meet new people in different industries
Lovely place to work at, diverse culture, exposed to lots of people, meet new people every day, the training is great, the team lead cares to follow up, too much to put here - overall I would recommend it
Pros
Great People to work with, exposure, diversity, networking opportunities
Cons
Minimum pay for community associates
Super low Pay, Limited advancement Opportunities
- a typical day at work - turn on TV, empty the dishwasher, say hi to clients, sit and stare at computer
-what you learned - nothing

-management - CM - best people to work with - AMs - snobby - higher - never around

workplace culture - drama filled queens

the hardest part of the job - waking up in the morning on repeat and trying to convince myself it isn't 'Groundhog Day'

the most enjoyable part of the job - 5 o'clock + 3 day weekends
More Sales Less Management
Innovative Concept. The primary role is really selling the concept as an alternative to regular renting or leasing arrangements. There is a lot of pressure to perform. Vacant offices are a huge liability and there is much work to do in order to fill it. The company is not very patient. The sense of urgency is always high. Policies on dealing with clients who wish to stop renting or to no longer renew are very confusing which makes it difficult for clients to leave. It sets you up for conflict. The relationship built is destroyed in some instances and it makes for uncomfortable moments at work because your workplace and the clients workplace is the same.
Solid place of work Good pay.
Typical day of work involved coming in to the office and working from your own office to place ads, make network connections, call potential customers and follow up with potential customers in order to rent out offices short and long term inside the Regus business centre. I learned a lot about the commercial real estate industry and how to sell to small businesses. The management was good and respectful to its employees. The culture was strong and believed in trusting its people to do their best. Hardest part of the job is that it's mostly an inside job in that you're in an office all day. Best part was the people you work with and the autonomy given to do your job as you see fit.
Pros
Good pay, autonomy to run your job as you see fit, within guidelines.
Cons
Office job. Not ideal if you like to be out and about.
Professional Environment
The company and team prided themselves on professionalism and customer service. High standards for delivery but great team environment. If in need of an office space I would call this company.
good overall
great working hours and atmosphere , great medical plan for the whole family , need to develop the systems used for the daily work and provide more training
Great place to work and love the job itself.
This is a fast paced environment, worked in a shared office share, several companies simultaneously. ( some in house, mail service clients and virtual office)

It is a simple task; yet, its very important the the centre cafe is stocked and clean at all times. ( every 45 min)

The hardest part of the job was the numerous requests which often came up immediately, keeping in mind the usual day to day tasks.

Prioritizing, is the needed skill. A,B & C...& somethings can wait. Just one at a time and it all gets done,
Pros
Community, low stress work and always busy
Cons
part time work
Ok for students or people who only need a part-time job
Hard to move up once you are a Community Manager. Next step is Area Manager and these jobs are hard to get because there aren't many. Great place to get some experience in the office/business industry.
Pros
Learn more about the office environment
Cons
hard to grow in this business if you want a career.
No work/life balance
This is not your typical sales job, or typical job at all. It is not for everyone. There is a lot of pressure to sell something to everyone, but don't let them walk out the door. This would be fine if we always had a product to match their needs, but we don't. There is no real room for advancement, or even lateral moves out of a sales role.
Pros
Get to meet great people and see new business ideas take shape
Cons
Long hours, never have a day off, it's all a boys club
Avoid working at this toxic workplace at all cost.
Absolutely poor management. Area managers don’t know what they are doing and also don’t know how is the centre operated. The culture is very toxic as no one show support and absolutely no teamwork. Wage is really low compare to other similar job roles. Don’t get fool by title of the community associate, it is just basically receptionist plus labour.
Pros
1hour break
Cons
To many
Great clients, terrible culture
In the past 5 years, they have cut staffing levels by half to two-thirds and expect more absolute output.
A little above average pay but extremely high demands.

Diverse client base but the company ensures heavy penalties if you pursue employment with them, even after separation of client or employee.
Pros
Diverse experience
Cons
Work/Life balance
Expérience enrichissante
Une expérience très enrichissante ou j'ai beaucoup appris.
A new way of working
Working with Regus involves being on 100% at all times. You must take ownership of the business and failure is not an option.
The workplace culture is great if you can work with the right team and clients and help create a network.

The hardest part of the job is a combo of business development and client retention.

The best part about the job is working with so many different clients and businesses.
Pros
Monthly Client Appreciation
Cons
Stressful work environment
Great team to work with
Great team to work with and good work life balance. Minimal progression opportunities within the company however ability to take ownership of individual work is rewarding