Regis Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 38 reviews matching the search See all 1,227 reviews
Great review
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB7 March 2019
I had a great experience working for this company, my manager as well as the team were always professional and helpful. I would recommend working for this company especially as a young hair stylist who wants to learn new things
New experiences everyday
MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON21 February 2019
I have been with Regis Corporation for 6 Years and while working with this corporation, I have learnt how to deal with employee satisfaction, scheduling, managerial training, how to perfect my communication which your tested on daily, and how to expect the unexpected. With Regis I have grown as an individual, I have grown as an employee/stylist, and most importantly, I have grown into a person who enjoys the success and happiness of other people.
My positive feedback for this company and position is how involved and close I become to a wide variety of people. I am constantly vulnerable and sympathetic to every persons story and life experiences to help me grow as an individual. I am constantly learning that human interaction and association is so valuable. My position as a stylist extends so many arms to outside careers and categories that I would never imagine touching base to. Everyone goes into Hairstylist as a trade that allows creativity, I chose Hairstylist because it branched my knowledge into psychology, diagnostics, friend, hair specialist and creator.
Pros
Hair and appearance was always taken care of
great place to work
Manager/ Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS15 October 2018
I was a hairstylist for 16 years with regis and it's a great place to work. Meet lots of interesting people and make great friendships along the way. Great Corporation to work for.
Pros
Great place to start your career
Cons
pay rate
Fun! Love corprate!
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2018
Company is amazing. They give you the freedom to manage your own clients versuses having a receptionist and having constant communication problems with staff and booking. Which always creates drama btw staff in all salons. It's nice to work for a company that requires you to be a hairstylist and to do everything in the company. You are responsible for signing in and out and cleaning your personal station. That's why it's drama free. This is why having no receptionist is amazing because there is always a communication barrier with front desk and they have no clue how to book a service for stylists. Most receptionists can't do hair. The company gives you the freedom to let you do as much as you want as in how many clients you can take a day based on your goals. Management is perfect- no complaints. The salon is ment for goal oriented people. If you don't like working, this is not the place for you. They are huge on education and they like to see progress. The point to work at this company is to get better in skills and progress. Good colour brand and good cleaning products. It's a good salon for working by yourself and working on your goals alone. They want you to be your own boss and do everything. It's good for gaining experience because you touch everything as a stylist while your manger just guides you to reach your own personal goals. If you cannot work for yourself or you are not goal oriented- I advise you not to work here. There are share holders in this company. That means there are expectations that need to be met and respected.
Pros
work as much as you want, education
Busy Salon
Licensed Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON21 July 2018
The best part about my current job is the clients who I've been working with for years. They make my job enjoyable. I have worked at my current salon long enough now that I know almost all of the faces that enter the building.
Pros
Health Benefits
Cons
Too busy to get proper breaks
Productive and fun work place
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 March 2018
Love working with people and socializing with employees. Fun and professional environment. Meeting new people and making great bonds with clients is a bonus.
Pros
Commission
Cons
Commission
quantity over quality
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC23 March 2018
Work with poorly trained managers. Provide mediocre service on a time constraint without the support of a receptionist. no regular scheduling. Minimal benefits
poor management
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC16 March 2018
not a good pay scale, or in who should be promoted to a mangment position. managers are very pushy for you to put in more work then you can, almost no time off.
not good
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 December 2017
This place has a lot to change about its self and how it operates! The wages that staff gets needs to improve quit a bit as well. The manegment is not great and the District managers tend to listen only to what the manger says
Fun place to work
Senior district Leader (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 November 2017
Regis Corporation is an excellent company to work for.They provide benefits,contests for stylists and prizes.They also provide continuing education for stylists up to date and current trends
Dispicable company and management
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 November 2017
Worst company culture. Employees are treated like dirt. Poor management choices. Top heavy reward system - stylists are the last on the totem pole. I learned how NOT to treat staff.
Pros
Mandatory breaks
Cons
Scheduling erratic, tiring work schedules, poor pay, poor management
Loved it
Hairstylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 November 2017
I was a manager at WEM in Edmonton Alberta. I met a lot of famous people and enjoyed working there very much. Flexible hours competitive and fun. Great atmosphere
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Not enough money
Fun environment to work in
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON7 November 2017
Absolutely love the salon environment. Was very interesting learning to deal with so many different personalities as i worked with 20+ women. Definitely had great times working in the salon.
Ok
Senior District Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON27 September 2017
I found that there was never enough balance between home life and work. Loved the Stylist. Watching them grow, with the help of coaching and setting achievable goals
productive
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 September 2017
days went quickly especially when it was a busy clientele day
learned about the people and the community of the area
the management of the company provided education relating to the the product use which kept the company stylists well informed
i found the hardest part was when there was down time and not being busy
enjoyable part of a hairstylist is the satisfaction of total customer service
demande beaucoup d'investissement de soi
Gestionnaire (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jérôme, QC21 August 2017
vous devez travailler très fort pour faire un bon salaire. Les journées sont très achalandés
Pros
manque jamais de travail
Cons
courte pause, très demandant
micro managing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON24 April 2017
i find the dl and tl micro manage and override the sl 90% of the time
and the pay is inferior to the job description .... promises broken commission not achievable
Pros
equipment supplied
Cons
as stated in review
Used to be great company...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario12 April 2017
Micromanagement at all levels, employee not respected at all , no wage increase in 5-6 years (only minimum wage ) , even if you earn over the years right to have more than 2 weeks of vacation no possibility to use at at once (January and February only), health benefits exist but you have to pay extra , no any motivation to the staff except pat on the shoulder...constant push for more sale and getting nothing in return( except thank you and you can do more...)...Hard to make commission unless in super busy location.At the same time you see the upper management being treated much better. Unfortunately....
It used to be a great company to work for....
Pros
You meet and work with excellent stylists and customers
Cons
Minimum wage, no workers recognition, favoritizam of few....
Hands on environment
Customer service through retail and haircutting (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON4 February 2017
a typical work day involved handling cash, selling retails, cleaning, customer services, promoting services available, laundry, and organizing shelves.
Pros
employee discounts on products
Cons
fun work place, family environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB26 January 2017
I really enjoyed working at Regis. I was able to excel myself and build my confidence. Management was very friendly and always willing to help. The Regis team was very welcoming and always made everyday fun and exciting. Everyone was very helpful, positive and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regis Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.