Regions Bank Employee Reviews

Confusing Times
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas22 April 2018
This would be an incredibly confusing time for anyone to join Regions Bank, because nobody knows what their jobs are anymore because of all the changes. New associates are going through tons of training classes with "trainers" that have probably never had a customer-facing job in their life, and the company expects for them to be able to teach the poor little worker bees in the branches. The only trainers should be people that actually work in branches around real customers. Goals are unattainable now that everyone are universal bankers and are fighting over the same customers, and the company seems to be encouraging customers to use ATMs and online banking so they can layoff people. Regions is a southern bank and people here don't want to use a virtual teller. People here want to bank with people that they have formed relationships with over years.
Pros
Pay is decent for all positions
Cons
Training classes are ineffective, goals are unattainable, and signs of big layoffs coming. Banking is expected to be stressful, but this is ridiculous
Good and fair place to work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MS18 April 2018
I enjoyed my time at Regions Bank. The atmosphere in which I worked was good. I was only part time so the pay was not that good. I had a great supervisor that trained me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
part time
Excellent Benefits and Co workers
Returns Processor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL17 April 2018
Fast paced environment with excellent people to work with that care about their jobs and what they do. Offer great benefits and know how to treat their employees.
A great place to work
Signature Services Team Member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL16 April 2018
I am very grateful for my position at Regions and would recommend the company to anyone. I work with some great people and some very personable and caring clients
Life at Regions
Online Sales Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hoover, AL16 April 2018
I worked at Regions a couple of times, so a typical day at work varied for me. A typical day at work consisted of creating application code and pushing/pulling from Git which was the primary source code repository. I learned a lot about customer facing applications. Managers at Regions never like to admit fault or wrong doing, and it's definitely a politically charged environment. I enjoyed working at Regions most because of the yearly festivities for Evergreen. Everyone always got along so well during that time of year.
Before you apply,read this
Electronic Banking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cordova, TN15 April 2018
The job does not provide for a life. The benefits are ok but VERY expensive. The incentives are nonsense, you can lose your extra money if you get a bad quality score or written up for something ridiculous. The people on the floor are nice folks just trying to make it. Management is ok but they have their favorites. Upper management? Laughable. The call center environment is now in full force so you can cut the stress with a knife,they are very focused on metrics and the turnover rate has now accelerated. If you take this job know that the pay is better than at some other places but the training class will fool you. They spend a lot of time making you laugh and tricking you into thinking the environment is laid back and the job is simple.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Upper management, expensive healthcare, no life, pay does not cover reasonable living
Very high turnover rate and low staffing regularly
FINANCIAL RELATIONSHIP ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Bartlett, TN15 April 2018
Bare minimum staffing.
May get a lunch if you are desk side or management, may not. Too many duties not enough help. Most enjoyable is the hours of operation and holidays off.
Pros
8-5 Hours holidays off
Cons
Little to no help, Changes being made unorganized
Review
Huntsville - Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL10 April 2018
Good benefits and good company. The company has integrity and understands family work life. Competitive pay for what you are expected to do. Nice work place culture
Great Place
Vice-President - Sr. Regional Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LA10 April 2018
I enjoyed working at regions. The people were very nice and the job was fun and exciting. My days were busy and the pace was very fast. I would recommend Regions to anyone that wanted to work there.
Pros
People
Cons
Cost savings
Good benefits and advancement
Loan by Phone Officer/Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL10 April 2018
I enjoyed MOST of my time with Regions. Unfortunately, I got promoted to another department, underwriting, and that was a letdown. I was not allowed to go back to my former position.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Human Resources
Wonderful
Branch Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Gardendale, AL10 April 2018
One of the highlights of my career. Wish I still worked there. there was every opportunity to help you advance and encouraged to excel. the environment is true to its mission
Regions Bank
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TN10 April 2018
Company culture has changed over my 18 year history with Regions. I enjoy working in the HR department and helping candidates find employment. Expectations are high.
FINANCIAL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, AL9 April 2018
Regions has a good culture and works hard to implement diversity in their workforce. There is opportunity for advancement, but you have to work hard and be good at networking.
great for anyone of all ages
Teller Services (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN9 April 2018
First job, worked drive thru, loved my job. just better opportunity elsewhere. Must be a people person definitely at customer interaction job, if you dont like the public dont work at a bank
It’s more of a job than a career.
Financial Relationship Consultant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NC8 April 2018
Frustrating workplace when goals are unattainable for bonus each quarter. Has a Wells Fargo atmosphere and don’t know what to expect each day as bank only has 4 locations in Charlotte and very hard to compete with other banks in the area. Management expectations are overwhelming/frustrating especially when bank is in a smaller market.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life balance
Cons
Poor Management/ Unattainable goals
Sometime frustrating. Management did not understand my function.
Bank Petroleum Engineer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 April 2018
The bank is cutting back on its work force, creating an situation of under staffing. It gives the impression that the bank will be sold in the near future.
Pros
Good compensation.
Cons
Management did not understand my function.
changes
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Hartselle, AL5 April 2018
underwriting environment is fast paced and has become micro-managed. Work place culture primarily depends on manager's style. Multiple recent changes make for difficulties to perform the job.
Productive environment
Financial Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Martinez, GA5 April 2018
I enjoyed the team atmosphere that Regions was able to provide. I also enjoyed providing consumers with financial options Regions offered in terms of individual or business savings, retirement, and loans.
Pros
Monday -Friday
Cons
Pay wasn't enough
productive
Customer Accounting Associate II (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL3 April 2018
caring about people money time and expenses on a daily basis.. treating accounts in a privacy matter..................................................
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MO3 April 2018
I wish to not speak ill of the company I work for. I was put into a position where we have been understaffed for months. Many changes that have not been well thought out.
Pros
na
Cons
na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regions Bank. Our community is ready to answer.