Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo

Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo Employee Reviews

Fun place to work

Working at Regional Recreation of Wood Buffalo was a great experience for me. the tasks were challenging but were manageable with team work. Great place and lots of great people to meet

production and exciting

it's really good and experience being part of regional recreation corporation of wood buffalo. management is very good and all employee and other staff there is professional. And really awesome company.

Absolutely loved it there !

Huge operations and happy that I got a job there. Joined as a supervisor and with ample learning opportunity I was promoted to department head Manager role.

Pros

Fun workplace, one of best benefits package, recreational facilities for self free and discounted for family

Cons

Getting into senior leadership role is hard as no one wants to leave

Best place I have ever work

Great management team, great support staff and fantastic culture. Striving to make a difference everyday isn't just part of the mission it's ingrained in the DNA of everyone that works their. I think that's the biggest reason why they have been certified as a Great Place to Work for two straight years.

Pros

Great benefits, Cola, discounts and support

Cons

Events can be a little stressful, but they are always fun.

Difficult securing hours of work (one year 12 mos of work)

New canadians usually work there. When submitting resumes for other positions you should leave this off your resume to increase your chances of securing full time employment. Applied for many part time offers and was not interviewed. How can anyone pay rental room costs as casual. Apply elsewhere.Entitled guests and a phoney place to work.

Interesting..

I fell into an unfortunate situation with a terrible facility manager who ended up getting fired 4 days after I resigned from my position. The job itself was great, unfortunately the supply was higher than the demand, the management was extremely poor, so the situation just did not work out in the end. I would definitely give a positive review about the company itself, but the facility I worked at in Anzac was not upto standard.

Management could easily be improved

Very difficult to move up in the company. HR was not able to help out in harassment situations let alone interview and hire correctly according to out union agreement. Often promoted people to management positions that were there to follow orders rather than work with passion for the facilities in which we worked in. A lot of nepotism and favourites within the admininstration and salary often treated union staff poorly.

Pros

free memberships to the facility

Cons

Poor planning of events and overlooking community needs.

I loved the flexibility, supportive environment, and the extensive training provided to be successfully and happy in my employment. My typical day required me to be goal orientated, organized, detail focused, and ready willing and able to participate individually, or apart of a team environment. They went out of their way to make all individual feel that what they do matters in contribution to the success of the organization.

Pros

open door policy

Great team, great benefits

The regional recreation corporation of wood buffalo provides a high salary for minimally skilled work. The benefits offered to the full-time staff far outrank any other recreation company in the region.

Great workplace with limited options for advancement

The RRC is a great workplace - it is a community hub - and probably the best equipped recreation centre in all of Canada. In thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the ONE team and gained a lot of valuable experience.

Pros

Funding, Amenities

Cons

Long Hours, Management, Advancement

Dynamic and unique culture and atmosphere

Great place to work Fast Paced Good Opportunity Great perks and insight to different events and national events Largest Rec Centre in Canada

Pros

Free Membership

Cons

Hard work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement