Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo Employee Reviews

Interesting..
Sport & Fitness Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB8 January 2019
I fell into an unfortunate situation with a terrible facility manager who ended up getting fired 4 days after I resigned from my position.

The job itself was great, unfortunately the supply was higher than the demand, the management was extremely poor, so the situation just did not work out in the end.

I would definitely give a positive review about the company itself, but the facility I worked at in Anzac was not upto standard.
Management could easily be improved
Team Lead, Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 October 2018
Very difficult to move up in the company. HR was not able to help out in harassment situations let alone interview and hire correctly according to out union agreement. Often promoted people to management positions that were there to follow orders rather than work with passion for the facilities in which we worked in. A lot of nepotism and favourites within the admininstration and salary often treated union staff poorly.
Pros
free memberships to the facility
Cons
Poor planning of events and overlooking community needs.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 December 2017
I loved the flexibility, supportive environment, and the extensive training provided to be successfully and happy in my employment. My typical day required me to be goal orientated, organized, detail focused, and ready willing and able to participate individually, or apart of a team environment. They went out of their way to make all individual feel that what they do matters in contribution to the success of the organization.
Pros
open door policy
Great team, great benefits
Team Lead/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB20 June 2017
The regional recreation corporation of wood buffalo provides a high salary for minimally skilled work. The benefits offered to the full-time staff far outrank any other recreation company in the region.
excellent workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB10 January 2017
stunningly beautiful community recreation centre with huge operations. Definitely up to its billings as Canada's largest Recreation Centre !! Great colleagues who provide excellent team coordination in serving the community. Makes difference n everyone's ;life is the motto and be it employees or the management ..everyone takes part to achieve one goal !! meeting community members of all layers of the society is definitely bets part of my job.
Great workplace with limited options for advancement
Sport & Fitness Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 June 2016
The RRC is a great workplace - it is a community hub - and probably the best equipped recreation centre in all of Canada. In thoroughly enjoyed being a part of the ONE team and gained a lot of valuable experience.
Pros
Funding, Amenities
Cons
Long Hours, Management, Advancement
Dynamic and unique culture and atmosphere
Child Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 February 2015
Fast Paced
Good Opportunity
Great perks and insight to different events and national events
Largest Rec Centre in Canada
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Hard work life balance