Regional Municipality of Halton

Regional Municipality of Halton Employee Reviews

You work with good people. Hard work. Paid well. Cant be stressful but comes with this kind of work. Benefits and pension are good. If you work hard you can move up.
Pros
Lots of staff events
Cons
None really
Very happy to have found a job within the region, I really love what they stand for and how they handle certain situations. Staff are relaxed and very welcoming, supervisors and HR are also very helpful and welcoming. Highly recommend working for the region!
former employee no support for staff who are dedicated and want to assist clients especially in social services. keep your mouth shut and do your work. don't offer up any ideas or differing opinion. no mobility for those who are not in the favourites group. no respect or care for staff toxic and repressive work spaces for singled out staff
Pros
great salary
Cons
toxic and unprofessional management
I love my job in the adult day program staff and clients are amazing and supportive. Work place is clean and welcoming. Lots of career advancement and training opportunities. All round the best job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
2 week shut down at Christmas unpaid.
Halton Region is a great place to learn and apply your skills if you have a good team and supervisor. Accounting department has to hire employees frequently as no one can feel appreciated. I see the same posting 2 times a year as the team is it good.
Working with the team at the Region of Halton, Allendale was fun. For most times the staff work as a team and we had lots of fun. The work was very challenging at times but very rewarding caring for residents and for most times their families appreciated the care their loved ones received. Management usually have pop up visits on the night shift and usually come in during the night shift to host staff meetings and celebrate special events. I have never felt left out of any events held at Allendale.
Pros
Great staff recognition service program
Halton Region is a great place to work and to gain knowledge about your field of study. As a student who worked there, they did a great job in further educating us and having employees from other divisions explain their role and answer any questions we had.
Management is awful, dismissive, undermining. Nurses and PSWs are solely treated as a number. Cannot talk to management about any problems within the job. Bullies work here HR and administration are useless
Halton Region has been an excellent place to work, it it very proactive in promoting from within, encouraging and coscgi g its employees to advance through professional workshops and learning opportunities. As a former resident and employee of Halton Region, I am quite impressed to experience and proud to deliver the quality of services that are so important to the community.
Pros
Annual mandatory (administrative services) closure between Christmas and New Years Dsy
Cons
Insufficient number of administrative support staff
The job itself is amazing, the friends a relationships and daily interaction was great. Everyone at surface level is what made this place move forward. Unfortunately it was never valued, and the morale suffered. The job was so engaging, but all management did was try to tear that apart. I saw so many good employees with vast knowledge leave, everyone was replaceable to Halton. I've never seen a management team ruin a working environment so much. I witnessed employees get bullied into submission. If you're employed  here I highly recommend you keep your mouth closed and dont challenge status quo. They're not interested in any ideas or changes, and you'll be black listed. If Halton revised management and cut the fat, and actually implemented a plan that engaged and made employees feel valued, this would be an amazing municipality to work for. Unfortunately at the moment they're driving it into the ground. Cant even keep new employees around long enough.
What a joke. Their HR personal is terrible and only care about themselves. Their very snobby especially the HR manager who should not be in HR as she has no people skills and doesnt cant answer emails. DO NOT work for the region. Bad experience.
The only quality about this employer that is positive is that they pay very well. However, in exchange you'll have to forgo your dignity, happiness and self-respect.
I have the chance to work as a contract with Halton Region and it was really a great experience. I wished I stayed longer with them. People there are very friendly, work and life balance is great.
Work life balance is great, they respect their employees, lots of added perks such as a Gym's on site and so much more. They take a lot of care in provided a good culture and atmosphere for their employees.
Management is terrible. Do not listen to their staff. Cheap. No kindness shown towards employees. Little room for growth. Unable to get vacation time granted when asked Poor work ethic. Low staff morale. Poor communication.
Pros
Good hourly wage
Cons
Mandatory OT. Poor staffing ratios, heavy workload, high expectations from management.
I love the philosophy and culture of this company. I receive support in my current role as well as continued training and education. My coworkers are wonderful and collaborative.
I have made a lot of great acquaintances. i have grained a lot of experience in scheduling , payroll submission and union contracts. scheduling a large home has many challenges and it can be overwhelming at first.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
very intense
working here was only good for me because of one friend I made that made the environment tolerable. Management is not very motivating or encouraging... or friendly. other staff were.
Very lenient management, if you want to start earlier and leave earlier or start later and leave later you are allowed as long as you complete your required hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bit of a dull workplace environment
Worked at the Service desk as a student for approx. 3.5-4 months. Colleagues are generally really chill and laid back, yet work hard, just the right balance.
An amazing place to have a co-op, giving you the opportunity to have a lot experience in the field of civil engineering. The amazing projects that are ongoing are really cool to see.