Regional Municipality of Halton

Regional Municipality of Halton Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
great Place to work
I have made a lot of great acquaintances. i have grained a lot of experience in scheduling , payroll submission and union contracts. scheduling a large home has many challenges and it can be overwhelming at first.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
very intense
Great Place to Start a Career
Halton Region is a great place to work and to gain knowledge about your field of study. As a student who worked there, they did a great job in further educating us and having employees from other divisions explain their role and answer any questions we had.
**Horrible place to work**
Management is awful, dismissive, undermining.
Nurses and PSWs are solely treated as a number.

Cannot talk to management about any problems within the job.

Bullies work here

HR and administration are useless
Proactive workplace, mindful of the health and safety of the public and its employees at all times. Great place to station your career.
Halton Region has been an excellent place to work, it it very proactive in promoting from within, encouraging and coscgi g its employees to advance through professional workshops and learning opportunities. As a former resident and employee of Halton Region, I am quite impressed to experience and proud to deliver the quality of services that are so important to the community.
Pros
Annual mandatory (administrative services) closure between Christmas and New Years Dsy
Cons
Insufficient number of administrative support staff
Great job, ruined by toxic managment
The job itself is amazing, the friends a relationships and daily interaction was great. Everyone at surface level is what made this place move forward. Unfortunately it was never valued, and the morale suffered. The job was so engaging, but all management did was try to tear that apart. I saw so many good employees with vast knowledge leave, everyone was replaceable to Halton. I've never seen a management team ruin a working environment so much.

I witnessed employees get bullied into submission. If you're employed  here I highly recommend you keep your mouth closed and dont challenge status quo. They're not interested in any ideas or changes, and you'll be black listed.

If Halton revised management and cut the fat, and actually implemented a plan that engaged and made employees feel valued, this would be an amazing municipality to work for. Unfortunately at the moment they're driving it into the ground. Cant even keep new employees around long enough.
Terrible HR
What a joke. Their HR personal is terrible and only care about themselves. Their very snobby especially the HR manager who should not be in HR as she has no people skills and doesnt cant answer emails. DO NOT work for the region. Bad experience.
Not a mentally healthy environment to work in.
The only quality about this employer that is positive is that they pay very well.

However, in exchange you'll have to forgo your dignity, happiness and self-respect.
Great and amazing environment
I have the chance to work as a contract with Halton Region and it was really a great experience. I wished I stayed longer with them.
People there are very friendly, work and life balance is great.
Great Place to work
Work life balance is great, they respect their employees, lots of added perks such as a Gym's on site and so much more. They take a lot of care in provided a good culture and atmosphere for their employees.
Toxic work environment.
Management is terrible. Do not listen to their staff.

Cheap. No kindness shown towards employees.

Little room for growth.

Unable to get vacation time granted when asked

Poor work ethic.

Low staff morale.

Poor communication.
Pros
Good hourly wage
Cons
Mandatory OT. Poor staffing ratios, heavy workload, high expectations from management.
Great company
I love the philosophy and culture of this company. I receive support in my current role as well as continued training and education. My coworkers are wonderful and collaborative.
a different experience
working here was only good for me because of one friend I made that made the environment tolerable. Management is not very motivating or encouraging... or friendly. other staff were.
Flexible and Lenient
Very lenient management, if you want to start earlier and leave earlier or start later and leave later you are allowed as long as you complete your required hours.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bit of a dull workplace environment
Good experience as a co-op student
Worked at the Service desk as a student for approx. 3.5-4 months. Colleagues are generally really chill and laid back, yet work hard, just the right balance.
Halton Region Inspector
An amazing place to have a co-op, giving you the opportunity to have a lot experience in the field of civil engineering. The amazing projects that are ongoing are really cool to see.
Not enough staff
Great place to work, however, in my department there has been more added to our workload and not enough employees to handle the extra work load. Work Life Balance has drastically declined.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very stressful environment
The staff was friendly and the office was very clean. I enjoyed my salary pay never had an issue with any of my deposits. The cafeteria had plenty of various food to choose from!
fullfilling heartfelt work
a typical day at work was really rewarding. It was one of the most important jobs to me that i have ever had. the main focus of the program was to educate youth about safer drug use, homlessness, metal health and naloxone. We also provided them with resources in the community.
Pros
working outside, being around people
Cons
not everybody has the same wants for themselves as you do for them
Nice work enviroment
I am under a casual basis contract, I like the work environment, very professional and organized. Is a very quiet place to work and the office hours are family friendly.
Productive and good place
Internship period of 1 year,
management is good.

Learned Bootstrap, sharepoint and many other things

good environment
Productive and Fun Workplace
As the title of the job suggests, my main responsibility was customer service. As a finance customer service representative, I was responsible for delivering excellent customer service and answering any customer questions or inquiries. My job duties included: answering phone calls, receiving bid documents from potential candidates, processing payments of bulk water cards, providing information on certain projects