Regional Municipality of Halton Employee Reviews

Good experience as a co-op student
Service Desk Student (Co-op Work Term) (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 November 2018
Worked at the Service desk as a student for approx. 3.5-4 months. Colleagues are generally really chill and laid back, yet work hard, just the right balance.
Halton Region Inspector
Construction Inspector (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 November 2018
An amazing place to have a co-op, giving you the opportunity to have a lot experience in the field of civil engineering. The amazing projects that are ongoing are really cool to see.
Not enough staff
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 September 2018
Great place to work, however, in my department there has been more added to our workload and not enough employees to handle the extra work load. Work Life Balance has drastically declined.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Very stressful environment
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON7 November 2017
The staff was friendly and the office was very clean. I enjoyed my salary pay never had an issue with any of my deposits. The cafeteria had plenty of various food to choose from!
fullfilling heartfelt work
Youth Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON17 October 2017
a typical day at work was really rewarding. It was one of the most important jobs to me that i have ever had. the main focus of the program was to educate youth about safer drug use, homlessness, metal health and naloxone. We also provided them with resources in the community.
Pros
working outside, being around people
Cons
not everybody has the same wants for themselves as you do for them
Nice work enviroment
Oral Health Recorder (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON26 March 2017
I am under a casual basis contract, I like the work environment, very professional and organized. Is a very quiet place to work and the office hours are family friendly.
Productive and good place
Junior Web Developer (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON2 February 2017
Internship period of 1 year,
management is good.
Learned Bootstrap, sharepoint and many other things

good environment
Productive and Fun Workplace
Finance Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON16 November 2016
As the title of the job suggests, my main responsibility was customer service. As a finance customer service representative, I was responsible for delivering excellent customer service and answering any customer questions or inquiries. My job duties included: answering phone calls, receiving bid documents from potential candidates, processing payments of bulk water cards, providing information on certain projects
I was proud to of worked for the Regional Municipality of Halton
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON21 July 2016
I worked closely with a director and management team as an administrative assistant my role required me to keep information confidential which I pride myself on. I have a welcoming, positive outlook, allowing people to generally like me. I pride myself on customer service skills that I used daily with politicians, stakeholders, CAO's, commissioners, directors etc. The hardest part of my job was to be a support for the division as the Social & Community Services went through two re-alignments leaving some displaced and relocated. I enjoyed coordinating meetings, conferences and travel logistics for the director and management team. I can work well on my own or as party of a team. I am looking for a career not just a job and a company I can be proud to work for.

Pros
Offered Learning and Career Development, To work with bright, creative, talented individuals.
There are better places to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Halton, ON3 February 2016
The work/life balance is not great, workload is not distributed evenly throughout the Region and the pay does not correspond with the workload.
Productive and efficient workplace
Clean Up Crew (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON4 April 2015
Halton Region did a good job in ensuring that the employees had everything they needed to do their jobs on a daily basis. All the coworkers had to work together and that ensured good communication and teamwork sills across the organization.
Pros
Working outside
Cons
Standing up for long periods of time
Fun workplace with friendly people
Waste Water Collections Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Oakville17 March 2015
Often worked outdoors with one other person. Was part of a bigger team that over saw the jobs being done. Landscaped and cleaned the pump stations. Was able to work at my own pace.
Pros
Work Independently
Cons
Working outdoors in the heat
Security working for a municipality
Sub Foreperson (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 October 2014
Excellent place to work, staff and co workers were very friendly. Enjoyed extra curricular sports at lunch time and outside business hours. Worked within a labour union.
Excellent guvermental organization
Financial Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON18 March 2014
Assigned to the purchasing department as Financial custormer service co-op student.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Difficult to get hired directly
A place where there are lots to learn.
Capital Maintenance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON24 January 2014
Processing Invoices (SAP)
Uploading Timesheets (SAP)
Matching Invoices
Filing
Reconciling Visa
Uploading Service Reports (SAP)
Transferring money from accounts
Preparing Payment Certificates

I enjoy all aspects of my job.

The hardest part of my job is getting information from co-workers that don't view deadlines as I do. I have been able to overcome it by offering to help them so we can meet our deadlines
Excellent
PSW (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON15 January 2014
My workday was a 8hr shift with 2-15min breaks and a 1/2hr lunch. It was a very pleasant atmosphere. I learned the art of Teamwork and how pleasant work is with the help of your team. My co-workers enjoyed working with me as they told me many times. The hardest part of my job was residents passing away but working with mostly seniors, you realize that it is going to happen at some point. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing a resident smile or remembering my name or a sign that they were comfortable with me
Pros
There is always work, no layoffs
Cons
Working every other wknd is hard
Information Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Milton, Ontario28 August 2013
A variety of work/life balance policies.

Ongoing training and update of computer skills on site.

Partners in United Way compaigns.
Practical Nursing Student
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON5 June 2013
I loved getting to know the residents and enjoyed the atmosphere at Allendale LTC. The staff was very kind and helpful towards the students.
To build a web page
Newcomer's Portal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON22 July 2012
I participated in the developer team to build a web page to Halton Region.