Regional Municipality of Halton
Happiness score is 73 out of 100

Working at Regional Municipality of Halton: 48 Reviews

Canada48 reviews

Great Opportunity

I honestly enjoyed working in the vaccine clinics, the work wasn't hard, but some shifts seemed super long. Overall Region of Halton is a great place to work!! Great pay as well!

Fun place to work

Good place to work with good peopleLots to learncompetitive wages Good culture Learned Lots Decent management Great co-workers who offer lots of information anf experience

Insights into Regional Municipality of Halton

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility

Great organization with good pay

Great organizationGood payGreat people to work withGreat managervery supportive team, friendly atmosphereOrganized deployment and roll outsGood training and documentationManagement not micromanagingAccommodating supervisor

The people are great. Have met a lot of new friends. You must be flexible with your time for this job. You can be working at any location in Halton so you have to be willing to travel. You also need to be flexible with time of day/days worked

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

You must be very flexible. Hours/days/ locations worked keep changing on a regular basis.

Good place to work but only for those who want to actually work

Good place to work but can be heavy work loads and you need thick skin to deal with coworkers. Some are great and will help you while others seem to want you to fail.

Pros

Pays very well Once you know the different positions, it's not too hard Majority of staff are very helpful

Cons

Some staff can be nit picky and almost seem to want you to fail

My coworkers were great for the most part.

Too much political power hungry management. Dont have back grounds in healthcare. If you get hurt your toast. You are no longer good to them and they force you out.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Someone has to die to get fulltime

Great culture and support from supervisors and management

I have nothing but good things to say about working with Halton. I have never received more support from superiors and colleagues than I did working in this role. Training was incredibly thorough and I never felt afraid to ask questions. Job expectations were very clearly outlined and resources for employees to succeed were always available.

Overall a great experience

It's a great organization to work for. All of the admin, supervisor, and management staff that I have interacted with have been friendly and supportive. My coworkers are great to work with, and I enjoy going to work even when it's busy.

Pros

Salary is decent

Cons

Short term contract

Enjoyed my 30 years with the region. Lots of opportunity to learn and grow. Also opportunities to move up if you so wanted to. Very good vacation time. Very good sick time.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Lots of live answer phones, could get stressful, hard to complete days work at times.

Relaxed and Educational Workplace

A really good place to start your career. Management is very helpful and patient, they provide guidance whenever you need it. There are update meetings every week for my position but it is very casual, there's a good level of independence. There is also not too much pressure, it is a very relaxed working environment as long as you complete your work at a reasonable time. The pay is lower than some of the neighbouring municipalities but it is not bad.

Pros

Good Management, Educational Environment

Cons

Really wonderful place to work

Very happy to have found a job within the region, I really love what they stand for and how they handle certain situations. Staff are relaxed and very welcoming, supervisors and HR are also very helpful and welcoming. Highly recommend working for the region!

toxic and repressive work spaces

former employee no support for staff who are dedicated and want to assist clients especially in social services. keep your mouth shut and do your work. don't offer up any ideas or differing opinion. no mobility for those who are not in the favourites group. no respect or care for staff toxic and repressive work spaces for singled out staff

Pros

great salary

Cons

toxic and unprofessional management

Amazing job

I love my job in the adult day program staff and clients are amazing and supportive. Work place is clean and welcoming. Lots of career advancement and training opportunities. All round the best job I've ever had.

Pros

Cons

2 week shut down at Christmas unpaid.

Work not distributed properly between staffs, overloaded

Halton Region is a great place to learn and apply your skills if you have a good team and supervisor. Accounting department has to hire employees frequently as no one can feel appreciated. I see the same posting 2 times a year as the team is it good.

A very fun place to work

Working with the team at the Region of Halton, Allendale was fun. For most times the staff work as a team and we had lots of fun. The work was very challenging at times but very rewarding caring for residents and for most times their families appreciated the care their loved ones received. Management usually have pop up visits on the night shift and usually come in during the night shift to host staff meetings and celebrate special events. I have never felt left out of any events held at Allendale.

Pros

Great staff recognition service program

Fast paced

You work with good people. Hard work. Paid well. Cant be stressful but comes with this kind of work. Benefits and pension are good. If you work hard you can move up.

Pros

Lots of staff events

Cons

None really

Great Place to Start a Career

Halton Region is a great place to work and to gain knowledge about your field of study. As a student who worked there, they did a great job in further educating us and having employees from other divisions explain their role and answer any questions we had.

**Horrible place to work**

Management is awful, dismissive, undermining. Nurses and PSWs are solely treated as a number. Cannot talk to management about any problems within the job. Bullies work here HR and administration are useless

Proactive workplace, mindful of the health and safety of the public and its employees at all times. Great place to station your career.

Halton Region has been an excellent place to work, it it very proactive in promoting from within, encouraging and coscgi g its employees to advance through professional workshops and learning opportunities. As a former resident and employee of Halton Region, I am quite impressed to experience and proud to deliver the quality of services that are so important to the community.

Pros

Annual mandatory (administrative services) closure between Christmas and New Years Dsy

Cons

Insufficient number of administrative support staff

Great job, ruined by toxic managment

The job itself is amazing, the friends a relationships and daily interaction was great. Everyone at surface level is what made this place move forward. Unfortunately it was never valued, and the morale suffered. The job was so engaging, but all management did was try to tear that apart. I saw so many good employees with vast knowledge leave, everyone was replaceable to Halton. I've never seen a management team ruin a working environment so much. I witnessed employees get bullied into submission. If you're employed  here I highly recommend you keep your mouth closed and dont challenge status quo. They're not interested in any ideas or changes, and you'll be black listed. If Halton revised management and cut the fat, and actually implemented a plan that engaged and made employees feel valued, this would be an amazing municipality to work for. Unfortunately at the moment they're driving it into the ground. Cant even keep new employees around long enough.

Terrible HR

What a joke. Their HR personal is terrible and only care about themselves. Their very snobby especially the HR manager who should not be in HR as she has no people skills and doesnt cant answer emails. DO NOT work for the region. Bad experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional Municipality of Halton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement