Regional District of Nanaimo

Regional District of Nanaimo Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews

Is totally rad

this is the best regional district on the island to work for. I have worked for quite a few and really enjoyed the culture and management really seemed interested in employee health and wellness,

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Little trust and no sense of team.

It was more about who you knew and not what you knew. Advancement not based based on merit. It often seemed that promotions were based on your connections. Priorities were unclear.

Insights into Regional District of Nanaimo

• Energizing work tasks
  • Fair pay for job
  • Supportive environment

operator

management and office staff are detached from operations - wages do not reflect responsibilityno way to advance in company unless on the management side

Not a good work environment

I wouldn't recommend this job to any real trades person. Not a good job management has no idea what they are doing. The less qualifications you have the further you will go. So if you have no motivation this is the job for you.

Worked

15 years I worked for them at the landfill the place is,full of bullies intimidation favouritism management was put is place and he was one of the laziest people I ever worked with .as most that work there . People who work hard get screwed over by the lazy ones as superintendent is on of the bad ones

my experiences as a casual on call customer service rep

The Regional District Of Nanaimo has been a fabulous place to work. I feel blessed to have the opportunity to be employed by such wonderful management and work along side positive and encouraging co workers.

Pros

supportive workplace

Cons

only casual position

Great Place to Work

Great place to work, the people are friendly and accommodating and there is a lot of interesting work to be done. Management is open to new ideas and available to listen and roll up their sleeves.

Different leadership since I was there

The recreation department was a couple decades behind in processes and efficiencies but open for those who desire to take the reigns and make positive change.

Fun place to work with various duties

Great co-workers and customers. Lots of children of all ages. The ability to offer help in program props and activities. Office tasks vary so you never get board of your job.

Pros

Paid training.

Cons

Hard to move up when you're casual as permanent people get first dibs.

Niche

I worked at nanaimo for 4 months as a co op work term and I wish I had more things to do. Often I was busy pulling weeds around the buildings.. The plant was in the process of expanding.

Fast pace,learning new technology

Work eight hours a day 40 hours a week,no room for advancement;good coworkers,always learning new technology, more training would be nice.

Pros

home every night

Cons

wages and no advancement opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regional District of Nanaimo. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement