Region of Waterloo

Region of Waterloo Work-life balance reviews

Must be organized and willing to put in hours. Hard but rewarding work. Always looking for new activities and recipes for the children in my care. Provided care 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Excellent company to work and expand personal growth. Great work environment. Ability to grow in the company. Excellent work balance and great employees.
The Region of Waterloo provides services that are critical to the community. Working there gives you an opportunity to have a real impact on the people and programs in the area.
Supervisors are great to work with if any issues develop in my personal life. My co-workers are always willing to help me out with concerns i may have since i don't work very often and things tend to change.
I honestly love my job. The area where I work is super laid back and comfortable comfortable. There are a few people that think it's high school with the way they handle themselves. This can be frustrating, however management is aware and handling the issue quite well.
Pros
Great pay and tons of opportunity to move around
Cons
Benefits are only given to people considered permanent full time
I do not feel comfortable being forced to give a review. I have no hard feelings leaving, I am moving and need another job. Great benefits and pay. That is all.
flexible hours with support from the supervisor for anything is need it at any time. able to mix wy work on family life andn enjoy the oportunity to share time with my son
Region of Waterloo is a good employer. Actively seeks input from employees. Pay is good. Opportunities for advancement are offered.There is job security.My coworkers are supportive and we work well as a team.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Shift work
The Region of Waterloo is an awesome place to work. But unfortunately it depends what dept your in. In ours you can never work hard enough, the numbers never make sense and management is unapproachable. Upper management, we feel are making the right steps for improvement. But us lower people voices are somehow always blocked. Despite numerous surveys and people's complaints. Great place for Administration work or HR. If your a trades man, your screwed.
Pros
Gaining sonority. Nobody stays long enough to gain any.
Cons
Double the front office staff then workers on the shop floor
rarely is there a typical day due to the nature of the business. The workplace culture varies from department to department. the overall scheme is to work as a unit . The region does promote public awareness and is safety minded. the region also promoted internal and continually expects the employee to learn and upgrade the skills and skill knowledge as newer legislation becomes available
Pros
job secuirity
Cons
potential long hours in inclimate weather
Positive environment and a workplace anyone would be lucky to endure. All staff is welcoming and friendly. There is a great balance between the work life and after hours feel.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
After hour visits
Staff and colleagues are great. It is like one extended family. Hours are convenient. Great work life balance. Opportunities for career development and to participate in various project teams.
Great career, long hours because of splits until seniority is higher. Management is great. Co-workers are very helpful especially to new comers. Get to interact with a diverse community. Amazing vehicles that have been bought with a comprehensive knowledge of eronomics for the drivers.
Pros
Room to move into a full-time position as Transit Bus Operator, Great if you already have a part-time position elsewhere, or semi-retired
Cons
Part-time on an daily on call situation, No guarantee of hours however they require you to gaurantee hours even if they do not call, No call no pay
One of the most informative jobs I have held, staff were very helpful and I felt as though I was truly making a difference when I went to work each morning.