Region of Waterloo

Region of Waterloo Job security & advancement reviews

I honestly love my job. The area where I work is super laid back and comfortable comfortable. There are a few people that think it's high school with the way they handle themselves. This can be frustrating, however management is aware and handling the issue quite well.
Pros
Great pay and tons of opportunity to move around
Cons
Benefits are only given to people considered permanent full time
Excellent company to work and expand personal growth. Great work environment. Ability to grow in the company. Excellent work balance and great employees.
very poor place to work ,lots of stress. Very poor management from the top to the bottom.would not recommend anyone to work for the region.There is no room for advancement and management is the poorest that i have seen.
Advancement is quite hard, unionized - lots of office gossip and people taking advantage of the union (extra time off). Lots of cliques - reminds me of highschool
Pros
Pay
Cons
Union
Region of Waterloo is a good employer. Actively seeks input from employees. Pay is good. Opportunities for advancement are offered.There is job security.My coworkers are supportive and we work well as a team.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Shift work
This co-op term was my best by far- I learned about management, got experience conducting inspections, and learned how contracts worked by being in charge of them from start to finish.
Very experienced and knowledgeable staff who provide good customer service to the public, Learned much from this position, and was a great beginning to my career.
Working at Region of Waterloo was a wonderful time. I would look forward going to work everyday and gained many valuable skills. I learned how to manage my time effectively while dealing with a multitude of different tenants. The culture in the workplace was great with many helpful supervisors who were always willing to help with any problems. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
Recommend working for the Region. It was a great learning experience and you get hands on project experience. Everyone is welcoming and open to any questions you have.
Staff in general is friendly and helpful. Management is not easily approachable and is not interested in helping their support staff advance their careers even though they insist to be leaders in this compared to other organizations. There are also cases where friends of management get promoted in an underhanded way. The public service aspect of the job is the most satisfying part of the work at the Region.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Lack of opportunities for advancement
Would love to see hiring practices change so there are less contract jobs and more permanent positions. Employer is helpful, courteous and tries to have your best interest at heart.
Staff and colleagues are great. It is like one extended family. Hours are convenient. Great work life balance. Opportunities for career development and to participate in various project teams.
Really enjoyed my experiences here and look forward to employment in the future. This Atypical placment is highly recommened
Great career, long hours because of splits until seniority is higher. Management is great. Co-workers are very helpful especially to new comers. Get to interact with a diverse community. Amazing vehicles that have been bought with a comprehensive knowledge of eronomics for the drivers.
Pros
Room to move into a full-time position as Transit Bus Operator, Great if you already have a part-time position elsewhere, or semi-retired
Cons
Part-time on an daily on call situation, No guarantee of hours however they require you to gaurantee hours even if they do not call, No call no pay