Region of Waterloo

Region of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Waterloo, ON

The Region of Waterloo provides services that are critical to the community. Working there gives you an opportunity to have a real impact on the people and programs in the area.
Excellent company to work and expand personal growth. Great work environment. Ability to grow in the company. Excellent work balance and great employees.
Union, hr, & management are worst. You have zero support & backing from peers. They turn a blind eye. So much harassment & devious ppl (mostly management & hr). If you are not a 'yes man' then don't apply/work here.once you see what it's really like, you'll understand why I am saying this. Externally, they promote a family friendly environment, but internally it is anything but. Benefits are good and so is pay, but it's not worth your soul.
Supervisors are great to work with if any issues develop in my personal life. My co-workers are always willing to help me out with concerns i may have since i don't work very often and things tend to change.
Must be organized and willing to put in hours. Hard but rewarding work. Always looking for new activities and recipes for the children in my care. Provided care 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
I honestly love my job. The area where I work is super laid back and comfortable comfortable. There are a few people that think it's high school with the way they handle themselves. This can be frustrating, however management is aware and handling the issue quite well.
Pros
Great pay and tons of opportunity to move around
Cons
Benefits are only given to people considered permanent full time
Advancement is quite hard, unionized - lots of office gossip and people taking advantage of the union (extra time off). Lots of cliques - reminds me of highschool
Pros
Pay
Cons
Union
I do not feel comfortable being forced to give a review. I have no hard feelings leaving, I am moving and need another job. Great benefits and pay. That is all.
flexible hours with support from the supervisor for anything is need it at any time. able to mix wy work on family life andn enjoy the oportunity to share time with my son
Very experienced and knowledgeable staff who provide good customer service to the public, Learned much from this position, and was a great beginning to my career.
rarely is there a typical day due to the nature of the business. The workplace culture varies from department to department. the overall scheme is to work as a unit . The region does promote public awareness and is safety minded. the region also promoted internal and continually expects the employee to learn and upgrade the skills and skill knowledge as newer legislation becomes available
Pros
job secuirity
Cons
potential long hours in inclimate weather
Positive environment and a workplace anyone would be lucky to endure. All staff is welcoming and friendly. There is a great balance between the work life and after hours feel.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
After hour visits
Working at Region of Waterloo was a wonderful time. I would look forward going to work everyday and gained many valuable skills. I learned how to manage my time effectively while dealing with a multitude of different tenants. The culture in the workplace was great with many helpful supervisors who were always willing to help with any problems. Overall, it was a pleasant experience.
This is a great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the busy days. I have learned a lot about the garbage and recycling we do in the region. The people I work with are the best part of my day. The residents are mostly friendly and like the friendly atmosphere
Really enjoyed my experiences here and look forward to employment in the future. This Atypical placment is highly recommened
Great career, long hours because of splits until seniority is higher. Management is great. Co-workers are very helpful especially to new comers. Get to interact with a diverse community. Amazing vehicles that have been bought with a comprehensive knowledge of eronomics for the drivers.
Pros
Room to move into a full-time position as Transit Bus Operator, Great if you already have a part-time position elsewhere, or semi-retired
Cons
Part-time on an daily on call situation, No guarantee of hours however they require you to gaurantee hours even if they do not call, No call no pay
One of the most informative jobs I have held, staff were very helpful and I felt as though I was truly making a difference when I went to work each morning.
Conventional Transit Operator. Fun job, great vehicles to drive on amazing routes with awesome customers. Great benefits with the region.
Pros
longevity
Cons
I have worked three contracts with the Region and have enjoyed every one. No issues with any co-workers and more importantly no issues with receiving my pay on time.
Cons
Typical work day is face-paced and ever changing due to policy changes of more than one level of government.A job or special project well done is noticed and appreciated by management. Personal recognition is now a part of the values and standards set out by the Region of Waterloo.My co-workers are easy to get a long with and each bring good ideas and specialties to the work environment.The hardest part of the job is knowing we serve the most vulnerable people in our Region and sometimes have to make difficult decisions regarding their eligibility for Ontario Works benefits and having to say No sometimes.The most enjoyable part of the job is working with people you consider as family as you spend a good part of your day with them.Everyone cares about each other and tries to help. My team mates are good listeners and it is a joy to go to work just to work with them.