Region of Waterloo

Region of Waterloo Employee Reviews in Cambridge, ON

ROW’s reputation of being a racist place of employment is not just a rumour. Management and HR are full aware racism, discrimination and bullying happen and yet they condone these practices.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Racism, discrimination and bullying
There are a lot of grey areas so the ball is always in mgmt court. They thrive themselves on discipline and termination, treat employees likev5 years olds. Cold callous narcissistic mgmt that might as well be wearing white sheets. Councilors are aware but choose to turn a blind eye and deaf ear to the dysfunction.
My co workers are decent,and work load is fair however were are the lowest paid mechanics out of any other municipality! They need more shop tools esp regarding electronics, and need updated tooling,ie; our torque wrench is 25yrs old? Can only calibrate it so many times! That's our 3/4 drive torque wrench to which I'am referring for torquing wheels on big trucks to 500ft lbs Kind of important! The money is the real issue for me and for the other heavy techs !
This co-op term was my best by far- I learned about management, got experience conducting inspections, and learned how contracts worked by being in charge of them from start to finish.
This is a great company to work for, especially if you enjoy being around children and you want to be able to stay home with your own family while bringing in an income.
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay rate, lack of children needing care
Loved it, was one of the best jobs I had ever had. Everyone was awesome to work with. from the managers to the cleaners. Everyone pushed you to do and be better.
Pros
flexible house, mon to fri, happy workers, great bosses, enabled growth and learning, friendly overall
Cons
very hard to get into if you're not in the union
Amazing opportunity to work for the region of Waterloo. I have no complaints other than the union. Great clients make it easy to go to work and to feel loved! Enjoyed my experience greatly!
Pros
Great management, great clients, great staff!
Cons
Contract, union