Region of Peel Employee Review

View all Region of Peel reviews

serving customers with water calls
Assistant Technical (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON2 April 2014
serving regional clients with water calls , payroll .. balancing of employees hours . working with fun loving people.. inputting vacation hr, personal days , sick days for the non bargainig unit
Pros
love the atmosphere
Cons
workload extremely heavy when short staffed

Other Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Internal leadership issues
Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
Marketing and Comms can’t seem to keep skilled leadership to help guide the organization. Current director has no real comms experience but is a fill in for the previous woman who was skilled and experienced. The organization seems to lack vision and leadership as to who the stakeholders and residents are and how the residents of Peel need to be engaged. Friends help friends move around in the organization. Real talent and skills are needed and they are stuck with unionized workers who are just looking to retire . No one is really motivated to work beyond their 9-5 hours. Actual FT jobs are limited because of low attrition. No one leaves the Region because retirement is waiting. In the meantime, actual jobs are being performed by contract workers with no real job security .
Pros
Trying to build a workplace culture
Cons
Too many layers of beauracracy
A lot of opportunities to grow and learn about Municipal Government
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON15 April 2018
During my years with the Region of Peel I had the opportunity to work in many different departments, divisions and sections within Municipal Government.
I learned many programs that were applicable to each of the departments that I worked in. I gained knowledge on how the operations of each section and department worked.
I was extremely proud to provide my services to our internal and external clients.
The main difficulty working for the Region is obtaining Full Time Permanent employment.