Region of Peel Employee Review

View all Region of Peel reviews

left a bad taste in my mouth
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 November 2013
I was there as a summer student for four months. My days were long-winded and boring mainly because they didn't have much for me to do ALL SUMMER, I believe it was because my department wasn't really prepared for my arrival. I had assumed I would have some work to do within the first few weeks, but the entire 4 months went by without me ever actually feeling like I was contributing a lot.

It was a good way to make money over the summer but the lack of work and interaction with other human beings left a bad taste in my mouth. The people I worked with were very nice, but I did feel a slight disconnect..I'm at a point where I don't feel comfortable asking my supervisor for a reference for the simple fact that I didn't do much work over the summer and I'm afraid that might influence what he says about me EVEN THOUGH I put forth my best effort on the little tasks I was assigned over the four months. Additionally, I had very little interaction with my supervisor.

All in all, I don't think I would come back here again if I could help it. I came here wanting to learn more about my field and create some solid contacts in the industry, but ended up learning next to nothing with really no solid contacts that I would feel comfortable calling up over the next few years.
Pros
the money
Cons
boring, felt disconnected from employees, felt like a child working with a bunch of adults

Other Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Professional Environment
Assistant Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON21 May 2018
This particular job required conduction In-Class Presentation for the Grades K to 8, and knowledge them about water conservation, water treatment plants and the environment. There was also analyzing the data produced by the results of the presentation and developing activities that are better suited for the younger minds that help them understand the importance of water.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
Loved the people I met and the work I did. Wish I got to work there permanently. Great opportunities to see how government systems work and how they are managed.