Region of Peel

Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Canada153 reviews
The culture is supportive, inclusive and competitive. There are many opportunities for learning and development. The atmosphere is conducive for productivity and advancement.
Pros
Lots of opportunity to advance.
Cons
Most positions start out as contracts.
Working as a volunteer with the Region of Peel was honestly a fulfiling experience, As a new migrant to Canada, i would say it is very advisable to pickup up volunteer activities with this organisation
The Water Billing department was a challenge due to the management. They micromanage, intimidate, disrespect and terrorize their workers. Going to the bathroom required permission, AS AN ADULT! They're always hiring because persons walk in and walk out. Middle and upper management are aligned with HR and although HR is aware of the issues, they circumvent things and either wait for you to quit or your contract to end
Good place to work if you are looking for work life balance. Not a lot of chance to climb up the ranks. A lot of employee turn over as people constantly leave and new employees are hired.
The Region of Peel is a very good place to work that offers reasonable compensation and benefits and many opportunities to serve the Peel community. The Region strives to achieve work life balance at various levels. Employee training is relatively frequent and mostly provided in-house. A significant portion of the workforce are long serving employees. Career advancement could be slow and challenging.
I had the best time working as a summer student at Region of Peel. I had the privilege to go through different trainings to prepare me fully for the job role. My supervisors were awesome and very supportive, the environment was very hospitable.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Sometimes workload
Qualified, and positive people will thrive at The Region Of Peel. There are built in acquired days off which really helps break the work weeks up. At the end of the day, your job is what you make it and a lot of people forget this.
Typical work day is busy, productive and impactful.
I've learned about government policies and social services.

Management is generally good, but a Leader is positively different.

Most enjoyable part of the job is positive culture, learning opportunities, impact on the community, work life balance and salary.
If you are not part of the in crowd and don’t play the game, you will not be promoted supervisors are very junior/green and are not equipped nor trained to do the job supervisors lack the authority to make a meaningful impact and the commanders are not available to help overall, front line management is weak and ill equipped to manage business effectively
Typical work day is busy, productive and impactful.
Ive learned about government policies and social services.

Management is generally good, but a Leader is positively different.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Region of Peel?
Don't expect to get anywhere by following any innovation or challenging management misconceptions, sure fire way to get let go. They don't actually hire full time people anymore, 1 or 2 -year contracts. At the end of which, if you fit the culture you might get another year extension. If you live in Brampton then I guess this is a good place to work.
Never met a better group of people to work with. Hard working and knowledgeable... very supportive.
Pay isn't very enticing for temp work, otherwise not too bad if you can get more permanent work
Pros
Work culture, work/life balance
Cons
Salary band is rather low for temp assignments
Excellent salary and benefits. Great team to work with. Sometimes things move slowly here. Management is good and fair, not overbearing. Always opportunity to move around but not necessarily upwards in a similar role.
I learned a lot about patience as I was a volunteer working with children to teach them about the environment. I felt like I was stretched as a leader and I thought it was an excellent experience
Had a great experience working with the Region. Had a great team and always had fun working with them. They care about your progress and your performance. They encourage you to do better and provide you additional task to improve your overall skills.
Its a great job with great people and management. Everyday its something new. So before you judge it just try to give it a try and see. trust me when I say you'll love it there.
You must have knowledge and work experience to work and past the interview. There is allot of things to learn and great environment to work in and benefits are great.
Very racist there co-workers will lie on you just to get an extra shift worst place to work is in there long term care especially peel manor . DOC don't care where are not you have the proper training to get the job done she will tell you to figure it out
Warm working atmosphere and an excellent working culture. I always look forward to a new day at work. I have learned good leadership and follower skills .
it was a good camp only thing was they did not have a place to go if it were to rain. but I loved working there it was really cool. people were really nice
The environment and workplace culture at Region of Peel was welcoming and enjoyable. The values they set out were exhibited from top-down. Every day was productive and interesting.