Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Calm, business casual environment
Legislative Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2018
Working at the Region of Peel has always been great. I worked there for 8 years always on contracts. It has been difficult to land a permanent position because of the way that the system is set up. Although it is a pleasant environment and they create a great work/ life balance, it is difficult to advance in the company.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Difficulty climbing the professional ladder
Amazing group of people who work together
Water Department, Restoration Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2018
I would begin the day by preparing my truck with the equipment I need. I would then complete the jobs I have to do for that day, and report back to my manager who is one of the best I've had throughout all my previous workplaces. The culture is great as everyone gets along and greets one another as we say working together is key. The hardest part of the job would be having to work outside in these summer conditions as it gets extremely hot. What I enjoy most about the job is how the days go by fast as we work as a team, are always in a good mood, and we get the job done in a very professional way.
Pros
Good mood, positivity and friendly, quick days rather watching the clock, good pay, excellent equipment, amazing environment, great managers, great hours
Cons
Summer heat conditions
stable
SUMMER STUDENT HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
Good place to work and learn, different divisions and things to take part in in terms of learning and doing office work. Lots of ways to go up in the company
camp leader
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 July 2018
working throught the region of peel meant getting a lower paid raid as my fellow employees while they made 13.00 i made 11.40 but it was a fun experience
Exciting Friendly Diverse Environment
Administrative Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 June 2018
Great place to work at, everyone ive ran into is amazing and friendly. Would definitely recommend this not only to adults but students looking for a great summer job
Work is meaningful but management is not competent
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
Work is meaningful but management needs to be more competent. Innovation is not encouraged while available technology remains a huge challenge. A lot of red tape.
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON15 June 2018
was always treated well, unlike other summer positions i have had, good hours, good bosses and fair work

lots of opportunities to build new skills and challenge yourself
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
Very quiet and very nice supervisors. I had worked there for march break and everyone was super nice to me and showed me around the building to ensure I didn't get lost. highly recommend you apply if you still need volunteer hours
Huge Company
Operational Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2018
Being such a large company, it is hard to reach the perfection point.
Great place to work if you are out of the union. If you are union material, this is your medium.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
But only if you are a permanent employee. Wait years to become one.
Professional Environment
Assistant Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON21 May 2018
This particular job required conduction In-Class Presentation for the Grades K to 8, and knowledge them about water conservation, water treatment plants and the environment. There was also analyzing the data produced by the results of the presentation and developing activities that are better suited for the younger minds that help them understand the importance of water.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
Loved the people I met and the work I did. Wish I got to work there permanently. Great opportunities to see how government systems work and how they are managed.
Internal leadership issues
Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
Marketing and Comms can’t seem to keep skilled leadership to help guide the organization. Current director has no real comms experience but is a fill in for the previous woman who was skilled and experienced. The organization seems to lack vision and leadership as to who the stakeholders and residents are and how the residents of Peel need to be engaged. Friends help friends move around in the organization. Real talent and skills are needed and they are stuck with unionized workers who are just looking to retire . No one is really motivated to work beyond their 9-5 hours. Actual FT jobs are limited because of low attrition. No one leaves the Region because retirement is waiting. In the meantime, actual jobs are being performed by contract workers with no real job security .
Pros
Trying to build a workplace culture
Cons
Too many layers of beauracracy
A lot of opportunities to grow and learn about Municipal Government
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON15 April 2018
During my years with the Region of Peel I had the opportunity to work in many different departments, divisions and sections within Municipal Government.
I learned many programs that were applicable to each of the departments that I worked in. I gained knowledge on how the operations of each section and department worked.
I was extremely proud to provide my services to our internal and external clients.
The main difficulty working for the Region is obtaining Full Time Permanent employment.
Busy and professional work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2018
Provided administrative support to team
Provided data entry for daily security reports
Created announcements for distribution to residential sites
Compiled new resident packages
Pros
Interesting and friendly environment
Fun and valuable expereince
Adult Day Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON27 March 2018
The stuff were very friendly to and informational. Spend the day running programs and cleaning the stuff room. The patients are thrill to work with. Each one of them were very helpful.
Family Support Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON22 March 2018
The best part of being a Family Support Representative is knowing that I’m able to help people in need of support every day, working with great group of individuals that are always willing to help and want to see you reach your fullest potential, and being in an environment where colleagues become friends, and soon become family.
Great team to be a part of
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
Working with the Region of Peel has been extremely beneficial for my career. As a RECE, it has provided me with ample amount of training that I have applied and still apply to my teaching in my home daycare. I appreciated their full commitment in providing excellent childcare and in allowing their staff to expand/continue their learning.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in your career
Nice work environment and newer technology
Senior GIS Developer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2018
I have got good opportunity to newer technology in GIS development area. Working web based and mobile based GIS development projects using ArcGIS Server and Geocortex
Fleet repairs only
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON23 February 2018
Comfortable, stable environment. Easy to adapt to the work situation. Tools and benefits are up to date. Alternate work week is a plus along with sick and personal time.
Stagnant
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2018
There is minimal career growth at the ROP it is very stagnant and difficult to climb the corporate ladder. Based on what I see it's better to work in the private sector and grow there.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Stagnant