Region of Peel Employee Reviews

A lot of opportunities to grow and learn about Municipal Government
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON15 April 2018
During my years with the Region of Peel I had the opportunity to work in many different departments, divisions and sections within Municipal Government.
I learned many programs that were applicable to each of the departments that I worked in. I gained knowledge on how the operations of each section and department worked.
I was extremely proud to provide my services to our internal and external clients.
The main difficulty working for the Region is obtaining Full Time Permanent employment.
Busy and professional work environment
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 April 2018
Provided administrative support to team
Provided data entry for daily security reports
Created announcements for distribution to residential sites
Compiled new resident packages
Pros
Interesting and friendly environment
Fun and valuable expereince
Adult Day Treatment Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON27 March 2018
The stuff were very friendly to and informational. Spend the day running programs and cleaning the stuff room. The patients are thrill to work with. Each one of them were very helpful.
Family Support Representative (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON22 March 2018
The best part of being a Family Support Representative is knowing that I’m able to help people in need of support every day, working with great group of individuals that are always willing to help and want to see you reach your fullest potential, and being in an environment where colleagues become friends, and soon become family.
Great team to be a part of
Registered Early Childhood Educator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
Working with the Region of Peel has been extremely beneficial for my career. As a RECE, it has provided me with ample amount of training that I have applied and still apply to my teaching in my home daycare. I appreciated their full commitment in providing excellent childcare and in allowing their staff to expand/continue their learning.
Pros
Opportunities to advance in your career
Nice work environment and newer technology
Senior GIS Developer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 February 2018
I have got good opportunity to newer technology in GIS development area. Working web based and mobile based GIS development projects using ArcGIS Server and Geocortex
Fleet repairs only
Fleet Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON23 February 2018
Comfortable, stable environment. Easy to adapt to the work situation. Tools and benefits are up to date. Alternate work week is a plus along with sick and personal time.
Stagnant
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 February 2018
There is minimal career growth at the ROP it is very stagnant and difficult to climb the corporate ladder. Based on what I see it's better to work in the private sector and grow there.
Pros
Life balance
Cons
Stagnant
Excellent Employer
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 February 2018
Sincerely enjoyed working at the Region of Peel (ROP). Exceptional employer with many opportunities for growth and development. Over the years, I had the opportunity to secure many different roles within the Department of Human Services.
The ROP is a large organization that is fast paced, ever changing that serves a wide range of Clientele.
Pros
Working with people in many capacities
Cons
The commute
Excellent Job Opportunity
Summer Youth Staff (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 October 2017
Typically, the starts with the summary of events we are in charge or involved in. Sometimes it is a day of purely planning and brainstorming for the next month's activities.
I learned so much in this job opportunity; i learned about myself and i found out that there really is more behind the scenes.
The culture in my workplace has two things; fun and seriously professional.
The hardest part is the planning process because every detail matters.
however, the most enjoyable part is carrying out the planned activities.
Pros
Fun and Interactive
Fun place to work
Outreach worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 September 2017
Over all great experience.Love working and helping the people of Mississauga.Small efforts helped in great ways.Management was very understanding and offered insight with great detail in order to fully help their clients.
Pros
helping people
Cons
contract work
It was a very nice place to work with great people
Administrative Support - Public Health (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON29 July 2017
It was a pleasure working at the last place of employment. I would consider working there again in the future. It offers great opportunities and benefits.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
A lot of competition
One of my favorite
Program Facilitator, Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 July 2017
Volunteering at the Region of Peel is by far one of my favorite positions. I worked with a great community and improved on so many social work skills for my career.
Friendly and helpful culture
Financial Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON27 July 2017
Provided lots of training to help employees be prepared and understand their work better. Laid back culture with friendly employees who are willing to help others.
Great environment to work in
CLERK ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 July 2017
Current program is greatly beneficial. Program allows youth and those who have been out of a job for a while get back on their feet with job opportunities working with the city
Work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON7 June 2017
Peel Region is a large industry. Many different departments within the region. Many different areas that an individual can relocate to. The only problem is getting your foot into the door.
Fantastic job experience
Intern (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON29 May 2017
I worked at the region of peel as a contract summer student in a labour capacity it was a fantastic working experience not only were students paid appropriately but we had opportunities to network with people who worked in the fields that we studied, the region provided more than just a very suitable full time position for students they went above and beyond what it means to be a caring employer.
QC tech
Inspector & Technician / Organic Laboratory (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 May 2017
practical training on laboratory equipment including certifications on SOPs , the lab is accredited by CALA so safety is a priority

a great place to start of your career or complete cooperative education
Pros
lots to learn
Cons
hard to get in
Great place to work with a awesome staff
Curbside Representative (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON18 May 2017
The Region Of Peel was an amazing work place when it came to driving around for service calls and dealing with residents of Peel face to face rather than over the phone.
Job security was not the best as most of there employment was contract and non secure.
Pros
Team Events (Baseball, Potlucks)
Cons
Job security
overall a good job
Regular Part-time Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 May 2017
I enjoyed the years provided from the region. I only wish that the program I was involved in had not been discontinued. I would like to see more effort in the future for struggling families and assistance from the region.