Region of Peel Employee Reviews

Contact Centre Business Analyst (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
Highly enjoyable place to work with a supportive team and calm environment. A good learning opportunity for students providing us with the skills and talents needed for career development.
Great workplace
FAMILY LITERACY PROGRAM FACILITATOR (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON9 January 2019
Amazing chance to work with kids and help them develop basic literacy skills. it is a very rewarding experience and the fact that the Region of Peel does this for free is great for the community
What I learned?
Electronic Information Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 December 2018
My experience at the region was quite rewarding. I was pleased and overjoyed with the management and my team members. The administrative experience was quite extensive and enriched my skills and talents. It was a privilege to work for an establishment that puts students first and equips us with the skills and talents to further our careers.
Pros
Paid breaks
Thought it was great, but then saw the underbelly
Not saying (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2018
Culture of intimidation from the top down. Depending on your supervisor, you may feel it or not. Unreasonable expectations. Horrible work/life balance.
amazing experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 November 2018
Amazing employer. was sad when they closed all childcare centers thus leading to my lay off.. great teamwork in my work place. everyone was always willing to work together on center activities such as center evening events. really enjoyed working with the families. days were very busy with lots of duties but the day just flew by. My skills were definitely built on by working with menu substitutions and different cuisines. cleaning duties were quite extensive. Management were always supportive and had an amazing open the door policy. working with the kids was a pleasure. i think I learned more from them then they did from me.
Pros
great hours
Cons
center closure
Great entry level opportunity
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 October 2018
My direct reporting supervisor was positive and motivating. She coached me to pursue better things and offered great feedback on some business ideas...
Working steadfastly towards culture change
Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 September 2018
Good public sector employer with relatively competitive salaries and benefits. Innovative practises. Fast paced. This employer wants to do the right thing by their employees but is still struggling with the dysfunction that comes with changing a culture. Good flexible work practises in many areas but not consistent yet.
Exeptional work environment with excellent team support.
Commercial Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Peel, ON25 September 2018
Scheduled and organized daily maintenance tasks, managed annual budgets for several facilities. Worked as part of an efficient management team mapping new strategies and setting annual goals.
Pros
Excellent salary and benefits
Calm, business casual environment
Legislative Assistant/ Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2018
Working at the Region of Peel has always been great. I worked there for 8 years always on contracts. It has been difficult to land a permanent position because of the way that the system is set up. Although it is a pleasant environment and they create a great work/ life balance, it is difficult to advance in the company.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Difficulty climbing the professional ladder
Amazing group of people who work together
Water Department, Restoration Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 August 2018
I would begin the day by preparing my truck with the equipment I need. I would then complete the jobs I have to do for that day, and report back to my manager who is one of the best I've had throughout all my previous workplaces. The culture is great as everyone gets along and greets one another as we say working together is key. The hardest part of the job would be having to work outside in these summer conditions as it gets extremely hot. What I enjoy most about the job is how the days go by fast as we work as a team, are always in a good mood, and we get the job done in a very professional way.
Pros
Good mood, positivity and friendly, quick days rather watching the clock, good pay, excellent equipment, amazing environment, great managers, great hours
Cons
Summer heat conditions
stable
SUMMER STUDENT HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 August 2018
Good place to work and learn, different divisions and things to take part in in terms of learning and doing office work. Lots of ways to go up in the company
camp leader
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 July 2018
working throught the region of peel meant getting a lower paid raid as my fellow employees while they made 13.00 i made 11.40 but it was a fun experience
Exciting Friendly Diverse Environment
Administrative Student (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 June 2018
Great place to work at, everyone ive ran into is amazing and friendly. Would definitely recommend this not only to adults but students looking for a great summer job
Work is meaningful but management is not competent
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 June 2018
Work is meaningful but management needs to be more competent. Innovation is not encouraged while available technology remains a huge challenge. A lot of red tape.
Summer Student (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON15 June 2018
was always treated well, unlike other summer positions i have had, good hours, good bosses and fair work

lots of opportunities to build new skills and challenge yourself
Good place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 June 2018
Very quiet and very nice supervisors. I had worked there for march break and everyone was super nice to me and showed me around the building to ensure I didn't get lost. highly recommend you apply if you still need volunteer hours
Huge Company
Operational Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2018
Being such a large company, it is hard to reach the perfection point.
Great place to work if you are out of the union. If you are union material, this is your medium.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
But only if you are a permanent employee. Wait years to become one.
Professional Environment
Assistant Technical Analyst (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON21 May 2018
This particular job required conduction In-Class Presentation for the Grades K to 8, and knowledge them about water conservation, water treatment plants and the environment. There was also analyzing the data produced by the results of the presentation and developing activities that are better suited for the younger minds that help them understand the importance of water.
Great Experience
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
Loved the people I met and the work I did. Wish I got to work there permanently. Great opportunities to see how government systems work and how they are managed.
Internal leadership issues
Community Relations (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2018
Marketing and Comms can’t seem to keep skilled leadership to help guide the organization. Current director has no real comms experience but is a fill in for the previous woman who was skilled and experienced. The organization seems to lack vision and leadership as to who the stakeholders and residents are and how the residents of Peel need to be engaged. Friends help friends move around in the organization. Real talent and skills are needed and they are stuck with unionized workers who are just looking to retire . No one is really motivated to work beyond their 9-5 hours. Actual FT jobs are limited because of low attrition. No one leaves the Region because retirement is waiting. In the meantime, actual jobs are being performed by contract workers with no real job security .
Pros
Trying to build a workplace culture
Cons
Too many layers of beauracracy