Regina Public Library logo
Regina Public Library

Regina Public Library Culture reviews

Clear

Work at a Branch If Possible

There is a real difference between the atmosphere and culture at Central vs the branches. The branches are such pleasant and enjoyable places to work. Central is terribly depressing. I don't know whether it's the innate personalities of the Central staff themselves, or if they've been hardened by years of dealing with the challenges of serving downtown Regina's clientele, but everything about Central just really brought me down - both in the adult library and in the offices in the basement (I'm not sure about the children's library as this wasn't my domain).

Pros

Great pay and benefits, branch staff are wonderful

Cons

Central is depressing, avoid if possible

Helping kids with homework.

I was happy to work there. I learned how to explain things others do not know. I liked when kids get to know something with my explanations, and thanking me for helping them. Also, I loved to meet another countries children and learn about their culture. My disliked thing with working with kids was their short concentrate on study. Most kids came with urgent homework. However, averagely after 30 minutes, they lose their focus and willing to go home. Then I had to encourage them so they can finish it.

Pros

improve on teaching skill

Cons

encouraging kids

Community & education focused organization

Regina Public Library emphasizes to all its staff the importance of identifying and serving public needs. It is an exciting and inspiring place to work.

Friendly place to prove your skills and abilities

Nice and friendly place to work. Friendly and co operative management. Grate people around you.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

N/a

Jobs at Regina Public Library