Regina Public Library
View all Regina Public Library reviews

Regina Public Library

Regina Public Library Employee Review

Work at a Branch If Possible

There is a real difference between the atmosphere and culture at Central vs the branches. The branches are such pleasant and enjoyable places to work. Central is terribly depressing. I don't know whether it's the innate personalities of the Central staff themselves, or if they've been hardened by years of dealing with the challenges of serving downtown Regina's clientele, but everything about Central just really brought me down - both in the adult library and in the offices in the basement (I'm not sure about the children's library as this wasn't my domain).

Pros

Great pay and benefits, branch staff are wonderful

Cons

Central is depressing, avoid if possible

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Cool

Cool environment, customers. Great location and flow. A lot of activities, a lot of programs and over all good. I had the best male supervisor ever. 😊

Pros

Cons

Great job

Working here was very peaceful and I got to meet and talk to many new people everyday I learnt a lot each day and training was provided I would say that dealing with customers would sometimes be stressful but other than that I enjoyed working here

Toxic upper management

Staff and co-workers were great. This would be a great place to work if it weren't for the micro-managing toxicity of upper management. Whenever there were difficult patrons (which are now referred to as "customers"), staff were told to write an incident report. Nothing ever came from it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Regina Public Library. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement