REGAL SECURITY INC.

REGAL SECURITY INC. Pay & benefits reviews

Enjoyed working here, just never got a permanent site so I had to leave. They pay minimum wage unless you work at some of their special sites and most of their site are in Toronto. One con is scheduling will always try to force you to still come in even when you're sick but at the end of the day you just have to know how to handle them and put your foot down then eventually they'll get it and leave you to enjoy your sick day.
Pros
You basically make your shifts if you are a floater
Cons
No permanent site, scheduling is too persistent sometimes
The pay rate is really fair for each site but management is the worst part they never listen to their guards and they show no faith in their own employees. Moreover scheduling is also not at their best sometimes it can be really stressful.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management and understanding between guards and management
My time with Regal wasn't that long, as I only worked there for about 4 months. Those 4 months were very good however and if you're looking for a consistent security company to work for Regal is a good bet.I was not asked to work any time outside of my 40 hours except to sometimes cover at the end of my shift if somebody was late. During my time there all my guards on site stayed the same so I didn't need to train at all except for temporary guards.The only cons are a paid uniform deposit. You're able to get it back after though it's very inconvenient because you need to go to their office at reduced hours (difficult if you're working full time.) I also had a few issues with communication from scheduling regarding reliefs, though it wasn't a common occurrence.All the Management staff are very kind and polite.
Pros
Consistent hours, biweekly pay, good coworkers
Cons
Paid uniform
At " Regal Security" on like other security companies you are not just a number.. Regal Security managers will stand up for you, especially when they know you are a very hard worker someone who is very reliable and they can depend on when ever you are called up I started has regular concierge security guard and now I am a supervisor.
Pros
You get your two days time off to rejuvenate.
Cons
If you can work 7days a week you can, there is lots of hours.
They never gave me benefits and ignored my emails and calls when i asked for it. I Worked 8months fulltime doing over 50hrs a week then they decided to lay me off because of an explainable misunderstanding. The wage is minimum here compared.to other security firms. Dont work for regal unless you are dying
Cons
Minimum wage/ No benefits
Easy job , but pay is less.They are understanding, very professional. They train good and help you out in anyway possible. Overall a good experience for me
- Horrible wages/salary for the amount of work done (minimum wage) - little to no chance of advancement (management was unprofessional and rude to me during my time at Regal) - Management issues from day 1: unprofessional conduct, causing undue stress for guards, lack of equipment/funding for materials/equipment necessary to perform job duties (such as basic CCTV, walkie talkies, key ring, etc.) - Client was not good as well (tenants upset all the time and complaining to security asking questions that have nothing to do with security at all)
Dont choose this company. I have worked with many other guards who are stuck in this company for more than 6 years and their pay is still almost the same with a dollar increase. The scheduling team is so unprofessional and never cares about your personal life.
Overall and ok company. They make certain promises to guards they cannot keep. Also they are very short in staff so there are always guards missing or not showing up for work.