REGAL SECURITY INC.

REGAL SECURITY INC. Management reviews

Managements is supportive but administration work is very loose. There is no job security, you can be fired any time any day. Dealing with top management is always a headache, scheduling department is a big biased department of the company and always try to push you down, or even scare you sometime.
The pay rate is really fair for each site but management is the worst part they never listen to their guards and they show no faith in their own employees. Moreover scheduling is also not at their best sometimes it can be really stressful.
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management and understanding between guards and management
My time with Regal wasn't that long, as I only worked there for about 4 months. Those 4 months were very good however and if you're looking for a consistent security company to work for Regal is a good bet.I was not asked to work any time outside of my 40 hours except to sometimes cover at the end of my shift if somebody was late. During my time there all my guards on site stayed the same so I didn't need to train at all except for temporary guards.The only cons are a paid uniform deposit. You're able to get it back after though it's very inconvenient because you need to go to their office at reduced hours (difficult if you're working full time.) I also had a few issues with communication from scheduling regarding reliefs, though it wasn't a common occurrence.All the Management staff are very kind and polite.
Pros
Consistent hours, biweekly pay, good coworkers
Cons
Paid uniform
I had a confirmed fulltime schedule but was told a day while at job site to not show up tomorrow without any advanced notice. No reason stated.I had to speak to my supervisor who informed me there was scheduling changes going on. This is Canada, we all have bills to pay and cutting off people without notice isn't professional.Having not worked for 1 month plus because at the time they did call back to schedule me, I already got something else going on and wouldn't want to joggle 2 locations. Bottom line, Regal out of the blues called to inform me that my employment has been terminated "again" without warning. They couldn't even give you a heads up that if you don't pick up shift by so deadline, your employment is done.... NO, they cut you off. Real mean!!!Just a heads up people. Get yourself a reliable company with good work/mgt. ethics. Your staffs are your face, treat them well.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Poor management
Scheduling is the most stressful and worst part of the management. They treat guard as a slave.Most of the schedulers are are previous guard and international students. They don’t have any experience and skill how to manage guard and schedule. They join in schedule to get permanent status of Canada.
Pros
Human Resource helps guard
Cons
Most worst part of management scheduling
I worked as a concierge for regal security from April 2019 - July 2020. My job was customer service oriented. Regal Security gave me an effective training, and prepared me for the problems I would face on my work site. They were very professional in dealing with difficult circumstances brought upon this employer. They remained professional, patient, and were non judgmental with there approach. They gave me the privilege of experience things I would of never with other employers. A great experience overall, which I will cherish.
Pros
Great work location, cool co-workers, professional management
Cons
if someone calls in sick and the guy replacing them doesn't what there doing
I told them at the very first interview I could not wok overnight. They placed me on a shift with a combo of overnights and 7AM weekends promising me it was temp. I had to fight for over a year to get a afternoon shift. They placed me at another site but did not tell me the wage was 2 dollar less an hour. Found out when I got paid. I was harassed for 2 weeks and had a coffee thrown in my face by a resident over a parking ticket. The supervisor and the patrol officer left to go to the fitness centre off site so I had no help. ( 2 buildings. Me in one .Them in the other) Regal management did absolutely nothing about the harassment or the supervisor leaving site. Removed me from site and just forgot about me. I ended up quitting. Found out later that the guard I replaced had a similar issue with the same tenant and was also removed. Regal does not have the guards back. Stay away.
Pros
Good in class training
Cons
Dishonest
normal day at work site, dealing with incoming parcels and log in on the condo system. did not learned anything, have to learn by your self. management is fair, condominium, dealing with angry tenant Christmas time.
First they place you at these ridiculous sites then they do not fight for you when you are remove for no reason. This company is more about pleasing there clients rather than making sure their employees are happy and comfortable. Ps hr & scheduling is shyt! The best persons there are the recruiters (they actually care) Take my word do not waste your time!
generally gained good working experience while with them. management is fair though there lots of room for improvement. working condition can also be improved as well.
-A lot of sitting at the desk -First Aid, CPR and Fire safety - Management is hard to access in time of immediate intervention. - Both team and individual work - Client rudeness - Interaction with other clients and the feeling of providing customer satisfaction
- Horrible wages/salary for the amount of work done (minimum wage) - little to no chance of advancement (management was unprofessional and rude to me during my time at Regal) - Management issues from day 1: unprofessional conduct, causing undue stress for guards, lack of equipment/funding for materials/equipment necessary to perform job duties (such as basic CCTV, walkie talkies, key ring, etc.) - Client was not good as well (tenants upset all the time and complaining to security asking questions that have nothing to do with security at all)
Overall satisfaction with the job and the management team, they respect each other and treat everyone equally. I recommend this security company strongly to anyone looking for a security job.
The work atmosphere was great due to my work colligues; The Management has way too much expectations and put way too much on each employees. Overworked and Underpaid.
I have been working with Regal security for past 7 years, Regal is continuously growing,reason is owners and management giving value and importance to both clients and employees . I wish success for both Regal and employees.
First Place I ever did Security they do in-depth training and set you up for success. Management is really good as well they will cater to you however you may need it
like very bad, like ive never seen a more poorly conducted company in all my years on this planet. terrible, unorganized, and just a very bad gig dont take this job theres better security jobs.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I really liked the site I worked at, co-workers, management and resident were really nice. The most difficult thing about the job was working with other guards that weren't punctual and didn't show up for their shifts.
Good work life balance, Good Management and have good sites. Regal is a booming company and it is showing their efforts. They concern for employees. Think for them.
Pros
Good for Beginners
Cons
Pay is low - Please give little Hike to it
Regal is good at taking on people with little to no experience most of the management is awesome they don't have much when it comes to location and they mainly serve the condo spectrum if your looking for an easy going steady pace then Regal is for you. Pay wise.....well if you're looking for something to support your family then look elsewhere. My overall experience with Regal hasn't been great thus far but I'm sure to someone else they're amazing.
it is a good company to work with it management is very good particularly H.R. and the Administration dept. workplace culture was very good and the co-workers were very good and cooperative and extremely helpful. I learned a lot from here particularly by coworker of evening shift..
Pros
good working atmosphere.
Cons
lacking cleanliness