REGAL SECURITY INC.

REGAL SECURITY INC. Job security & advancement reviews

Managements is supportive but administration work is very loose. There is no job security, you can be fired any time any day. Dealing with top management is always a headache, scheduling department is a big biased department of the company and always try to push you down, or even scare you sometime.
I had a confirmed fulltime schedule but was told a day while at job site to not show up tomorrow without any advanced notice. No reason stated.I had to speak to my supervisor who informed me there was scheduling changes going on. This is Canada, we all have bills to pay and cutting off people without notice isn't professional.Having not worked for 1 month plus because at the time they did call back to schedule me, I already got something else going on and wouldn't want to joggle 2 locations. Bottom line, Regal out of the blues called to inform me that my employment has been terminated "again" without warning. They couldn't even give you a heads up that if you don't pick up shift by so deadline, your employment is done.... NO, they cut you off. Real mean!!!Just a heads up people. Get yourself a reliable company with good work/mgt. ethics. Your staffs are your face, treat them well.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Poor management
At " Regal Security" on like other security companies you are not just a number.. Regal Security managers will stand up for you, especially when they know you are a very hard worker someone who is very reliable and they can depend on when ever you are called up I started has regular concierge security guard and now I am a supervisor.
Pros
You get your two days time off to rejuvenate.
Cons
If you can work 7days a week you can, there is lots of hours.
I worked as a concierge for regal security from April 2019 - July 2020. My job was customer service oriented. Regal Security gave me an effective training, and prepared me for the problems I would face on my work site. They were very professional in dealing with difficult circumstances brought upon this employer. They remained professional, patient, and were non judgmental with there approach. They gave me the privilege of experience things I would of never with other employers. A great experience overall, which I will cherish.
Pros
Great work location, cool co-workers, professional management
Cons
if someone calls in sick and the guy replacing them doesn't what there doing
I told them at the very first interview I could not wok overnight. They placed me on a shift with a combo of overnights and 7AM weekends promising me it was temp. I had to fight for over a year to get a afternoon shift. They placed me at another site but did not tell me the wage was 2 dollar less an hour. Found out when I got paid. I was harassed for 2 weeks and had a coffee thrown in my face by a resident over a parking ticket. The supervisor and the patrol officer left to go to the fitness centre off site so I had no help. ( 2 buildings. Me in one .Them in the other) Regal management did absolutely nothing about the harassment or the supervisor leaving site. Removed me from site and just forgot about me. I ended up quitting. Found out later that the guard I replaced had a similar issue with the same tenant and was also removed. Regal does not have the guards back. Stay away.
Pros
Good in class training
Cons
Dishonest
I was forced to work during the pandemic without any resources such as PPE kits or sanitizers. When I asked about a leave they didn't grant me and said that if I refused to work then they would take away my site.
Easy job , but pay is less.They are understanding, very professional. They train good and help you out in anyway possible. Overall a good experience for me
generally gained good working experience while with them. management is fair though there lots of room for improvement. working condition can also be improved as well.
- Horrible wages/salary for the amount of work done (minimum wage) - little to no chance of advancement (management was unprofessional and rude to me during my time at Regal) - Management issues from day 1: unprofessional conduct, causing undue stress for guards, lack of equipment/funding for materials/equipment necessary to perform job duties (such as basic CCTV, walkie talkies, key ring, etc.) - Client was not good as well (tenants upset all the time and complaining to security asking questions that have nothing to do with security at all)
A great company who care about their employees. Great HQ with even a more professional staff and work environment. Great company for individuals who want to become young professionals who seek to develop skills for thier career post graduation
Enjoyed working here, just never got a permanent site so I had to leave. They pay minimum wage unless you work at some of their special sites and most of their site are in Toronto. One con is scheduling will always try to force you to still come in even when you're sick but at the end of the day you just have to know how to handle them and put your foot down then eventually they'll get it and leave you to enjoy your sick day.
Pros
You basically make your shifts if you are a floater
Cons
No permanent site, scheduling is too persistent sometimes
no one respects your personal time at scheduling they ask if you can stay longer and do not take "no" as an answer, i told them that i cannot stay longer one day yet they forced me to and did not even call me to notify me that i am to stay an hour and a half after i originally ended my shift , they hire not the brightest people who you cannot be trained, all guards are always late i have never seen a less professional workplace. got promoted to supervisor yet my pay remained the same, they call us superheros yet cannot get their act together, embarrassing to say the least. scheduling will yell and argue with you on the phone unit you take the shift it is ridiculous how little respect they have for others.
Pros
Cons
everything
My part time job with regal security is wonderfull, helped me to enhance my communication skills and gain confidence on my own words. The front desk experience helped me to enhance my computer usage skills.
Pros
Always listen to workers
Cons
i would say this is a standard security company, you will be called in for extra hours alot, and they will argue with you until you hang up. you will likely be moved from sight to sight unless you are a politician, currently they are paying $14 or just above so the same as everyone. Its very hard to be fired, but you can be moved around, dont expect your hard work to be noticed, it wont be. Management is a joke, they dont listen to your concerns at all and will tell other managers about it. This company made me want to leave security.
Pros
you are likely to never be fired
Cons
you will give up your soul
Regal Security Inc. has been a great company to work for. The owners and management team genuinely care about the business and the people that are working for them. At the end of the day, this is security guarding. It is not an easy sector to work in, long hours at entry level wages can be detracting. Yet, Regal does show that it is a place if you put in the time and the effort, you can rise fast in the company. They recognize people all the time with awards, promotions and gifts. For a company that is growing, they will be big player in the next few years.
Pros
Good schedules, good pay rates, fair and respectful management practices
Cons
Employee engagement can always be better, direct deposit needed
Regal Security Inc. is progressive minded security company and is on the path to be one of the biggest security players in Canada and internationally in the next few years. Having been a member of Regal Security Inc. for over a year, I have been given a huge opportunity to step up and let my ideas and skills be utilized to their fullest to help our great team take the company to the next level in providing sensible and progressive security solutions to our clients and provide a rich and rewarding work experience for our employees. There are challenges and problems on a daily basis that our team faces. Staffing always presents a challenge to any security company in terms of quantity, quality and reliability. However, our team always strives to overcome these staffing challenges through various methods (promotion, recruitment, incentives). In this day an age it seems that most persons are looking to establish their next 3-5 years at a company and gone are the days of the long term loyal company people. Regal embraces the idea that once you are at Regal you could be here for life if you perform well, put in the effort and always seek to be better then where you are.
Pros
Positive and rewarding work environment. Good team dynamic. New challenge everyday
Cons
Client and Provider power balance presents operational challenges, Security Guard Sector perception hard to combat
Great place to work. Friendly management 24/7 site assistance for guards If you are customer oriented and wants to pursue you career in Security Regal is the best choice for you, especially in Condominium sector.
Pros
Exciting jobs, Friendly Environment and great place to learn
Cons
Mostly focused and specialized in Condominium
Company is still in growing stage, which leads to some small hiccups. But they strive for improvement and heavily rely on the technology. Their in-house software is a must see! Regal has very promising future!
The job had its challenges and it had good times as well. I enjoyed the experience and all that I learned from my time as a security guard. I met a lot of great people through work and had lots of great experiences.
Regal is a great company to work for. They mostly specialize in condo security. A typical day at work is very calm, quiet and relaxed. Management is very supportive and co-workers are very friendly and a joy to work with. No part of the job is too hard or too dificult if you have sound body, sound mind and are an adaptible being and feel that no activity on site is too big or too small. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with tenants and learning everything there is to know about a particular site. Would give the company a 10 if only their paygrade were a little bit higher and there was more opportunities for advancement and training.
Pros
Good company, Good sites
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement