REGAL SECURITY INC.
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Working at REGAL SECURITY INC.: Latest REGAL SECURITY INC. Reviews

Canada66 reviews

Good Company

I have been working with Regal for a good amount of time. It has been a good experience. They are flexible with the days off. Some sites are very busy and some are super chill.

Uncommunicative Staff & Management

During my time with Regal I was not properly trained or informed of the duties that were expected of me. Despite my best efforts to keep up and go above and beyond, I would find myself frustrating the management due to there being more and more tasks I wasn’t aware of. The lack of communication caused a cycle of abuse in the workplace where the standard guards would be punished for the lack of communication within the supervisors and management. The workplace was extremely unprofessional, and caused more stress to me then I should have experienced.

Insights into REGAL SECURITY INC.

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Support from manager

Security Company

I do love working here! I have only been here 4 months and they are giving me another position which I am looking forward to doing! Having our grand opening!

Pros

You are able to make your own decisions

Cons

Left alone

Regal is a backdoor company promising clients professionalism on a nickel.

This company is quite frankly a joke. The management team offer zero support to the guards and bare-minimum communication with the client, making the guards and company as a whole look utterly stupid. They will swoop in and acquire an account at a cheap rate with a smoke & mirrors show, then lack the professionalism to hire the appropriate amount of staff, provide uniforms in a timely fashion and schedule shifts accordingly. I have worked in this industry for 15+ years and NEVER experienced such a laughable excuse for a security company in my career. Regal should spend the time & money shadowing a real company to see how policies and procedures SHOULD work in a reputable security company. This company will kill your motivation, drive and passion for enforcement - I highly suggest looking elsewhere for proper security experience and employment.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Phone answering

Overall the company is good but as a student sometime when i want a overtime shift and call the regal schedule they didn't answer calls. This is bad point of the company.

Poor management and managers

The office team is a bunch of cultureless immigrants. They have very poor staff management and the dispatch team are senseless fools who cannot be reasoned with. Poor experience working with this company.

They are NOT professionals at all.

This company it's like🤢🤮.Managements are NOT good at all.👎Using you until they need you and if you do something wrong even small mistake you gon for no good come back and even you work hard to approve your self, unfortunately, there is no one to see and just the think management looking at your wrongdoing and done and they close their eyes on you and let you go.The management doesn't work with you to make it better and only they do make it to you look stupid in front of everyone.

Cons

This is the worst company I have ever seen. Especially the scheduling is sucks.

This is the worst company I have ever seen. Especially the scheduling is sucks. They let you stay longer on site when they no one to come for the next shift without having an agreement with the employee.

Cooperative and caring management staff

I have worked with the company for more than 8 months and I have found that company is very responsible to their employees. Pay-scale is also competiable. Management is very helpful and kind. As well as, Recruitment team also process your application fast as possible. All in all, it's been a great experience to work with them.

Pros

Overtime, Positive environment

Safe company to work for and great salaries

Nice company, good management, good salaries. Safe buildings , nice uniforms and great knowledge provided during and after probation. Fair opportunities given according performance.

Pros

Flexible hours and shifts

Cons

Some Weekends and holidays might have to work

Not a place you want to work at.

Management is awful, scheduling department are bullies, just not a place you want to work for, only reason I went with this company is because they were taking over the contract from another security company I worked for BIGGEST mistake I ever made I loved my site but I will NEVER make that mistake ever again. WORST COMPANY EVER!!!

Pros

Cons

Everything from Managment on

Management is worst part of company

The pay rate is really fair for each site but management is the worst part they never listen to their guards and they show no faith in their own employees. Moreover scheduling is also not at their best sometimes it can be really stressful.

Pros

Pay rate

Cons

Management and understanding between guards and management

Good pay and flexible hours

Managements is supportive but administration work is very loose. There is no job security, you can be fired any time any day. Dealing with top management is always a headache, scheduling department is a big biased department of the company and always try to push you down, or even scare you sometime.

Get yourself a Plan B

I had a confirmed fulltime schedule but was told a day while at job site to not show up tomorrow without any advanced notice. No reason stated.I had to speak to my supervisor who informed me there was scheduling changes going on. This is Canada, we all have bills to pay and cutting off people without notice isn't professional.Having not worked for 1 month plus because at the time they did call back to schedule me, I already got something else going on and wouldn't want to joggle 2 locations. Bottom line, Regal out of the blues called to inform me that my employment has been terminated "again" without warning. They couldn't even give you a heads up that if you don't pick up shift by so deadline, your employment is done.... NO, they cut you off. Real mean!!!Just a heads up people. Get yourself a reliable company with good work/mgt. ethics. Your staffs are your face, treat them well.

Pros

Flexible shifts

Cons

Poor management

Worst company

Scheduling is the most stressful and worst part of the management. They treat guard as a slave.Most of the schedulers are are previous guard and international students. They don’t have any experience and skill how to manage guard and schedule. They join in schedule to get permanent status of Canada.

Pros

Human Resource helps guard

Cons

Most worst part of management scheduling

Regal is a growing company.

At " Regal Security" on like other security companies you are not just a number.. Regal Security managers will stand up for you, especially when they know you are a very hard worker someone who is very reliable and they can depend on when ever you are called up I started has regular concierge security guard and now I am a supervisor.

Pros

You get your two days time off to rejuvenate.

Cons

If you can work 7days a week you can, there is lots of hours.

A great experience!

I worked as a concierge for regal security from April 2019 - July 2020. My job was customer service oriented. Regal Security gave me an effective training, and prepared me for the problems I would face on my work site. They were very professional in dealing with difficult circumstances brought upon this employer. They remained professional, patient, and were non judgmental with there approach. They gave me the privilege of experience things I would of never with other employers. A great experience overall, which I will cherish.

Pros

Great work location, cool co-workers, professional management

Cons

if someone calls in sick and the guy replacing them doesn't what there doing

Unreliable contracts and managment

I told them at the very first interview I could not wok overnight. They placed me on a shift with a combo of overnights and 7AM weekends promising me it was temp. I had to fight for over a year to get a afternoon shift. They placed me at another site but did not tell me the wage was 2 dollar less an hour. Found out when I got paid. I was harassed for 2 weeks and had a coffee thrown in my face by a resident over a parking ticket. The supervisor and the patrol officer left to go to the fitness centre off site so I had no help. ( 2 buildings. Me in one .Them in the other) Regal management did absolutely nothing about the harassment or the supervisor leaving site. Removed me from site and just forgot about me. I ended up quitting. Found out later that the guard I replaced had a similar issue with the same tenant and was also removed. Regal does not have the guards back. Stay away.

Pros

Good in class training

Cons

Dishonest

No Support During Coivid 19

I was forced to work during the pandemic without any resources such as PPE kits or sanitizers. When I asked about a leave they didn't grant me and said that if I refused to work then they would take away my site.

Worst company

They never gave me benefits and ignored my emails and calls when i asked for it. I Worked 8months fulltime doing over 50hrs a week then they decided to lay me off because of an explainable misunderstanding. The wage is minimum here compared.to other security firms. Dont work for regal unless you are dying

Cons

Minimum wage/ No benefits

No comment

normal day at work site, dealing with incoming parcels and log in on the condo system. did not learned anything, have to learn by your self. management is fair, condominium, dealing with angry tenant Christmas time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REGAL SECURITY INC.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement