REGAL SECURITY INC. Employee Reviews

bad
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 April 2019
like very bad, like ive never seen a more poorly conducted company in all my years on this planet. terrible, unorganized, and just a very bad gig dont take this job theres better security jobs.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
I've worked for better.
Night shift Senior Concierge (Former Employee) –  The Heathview tweedsmuir17 January 2019
I don't know if there is worse but my experience with Regal was not satisfactory. In security if a guard is absent without notification you must stay for their shift as well. This happened often and my calls wouldn't be answered by the company whenever this happened. I've done many 16 hour shifts with absolutely no resolution.
Pros
Some sites have great residents.
Cons
Everything else.
do not work for this company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  downtown toronto3 December 2018
no one respects your personal time at scheduling they ask if you can stay longer and do not take "no" as an answer, i told them that i cannot stay longer one day yet they forced me to and did not even call me to notify me that i am to stay an hour and a half after i originally ended my shift , they hire not the brightest people who you cannot be trained, all guards are always late i have never seen a less professional workplace. got promoted to supervisor yet my pay remained the same, they call us superheros yet cannot get their act together, embarrassing to say the least. scheduling will yell and argue with you on the phone unit you take the shift it is ridiculous how little respect they have for others.
Pros
Cons
everything
It was an decent place to work at
Front Desk Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 November 2018
I really liked the site I worked at, co-workers, management and resident were really nice. The most difficult thing about the job was working with other guards that weren't punctual and didn't show up for their shifts.
Fun for Beginners
Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 October 2018
Good work life balance, Good Management and have good sites. Regal is a booming company and it is showing their efforts. They concern for employees. Think for them.
Pros
Good for Beginners
Cons
Pay is low - Please give little Hike to it
great as a starter job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 October 2018
Regal is good at taking on people with little to no experience most of the management is awesome they don't have much when it comes to location and they mainly serve the condo spectrum if your looking for an easy going steady pace then Regal is for you. Pay wise.....well if you're looking for something to support your family then look elsewhere. My overall experience with Regal hasn't been great thus far but I'm sure to someone else they're amazing.
Good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
Great people to work for.They are always giving out shifts so theres never a situation where you will stay home for more than a day or two. Very professional and business minded internal workers
Work place culture and good learning place
Security Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 September 2018
A productive and good environment to work
I learned a lot from the different site
the hardest part of the job is 12-hour shift
the most enjoyable part is to meet people
They dont care about the employees. Always do what best suits them.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON1 September 2018
Dont choose this company. I have worked with many other guards who are stuck in this company for more than 6 years and their pay is still almost the same with a dollar increase. The scheduling team is so unprofessional and never cares about your personal life.
it is a good company to work with
Security/ Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 June 2018
it is a good company to work with it
management is very good particularly H.R. and the Administration dept.
workplace culture was very good and the co-workers were very good and cooperative and extremely helpful.
I learned a lot from here particularly by coworker of evening shift..
Pros
good working atmosphere.
Cons
lacking cleanliness
Great company to work for
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Staff is super organized and maintain professional attitude at all times. Flexible hours given to employees and very understanding boss and staff. Great Experience.
Pros
Super Polite Staff
Cons
Unpleasant public and residents.
fun
Concierge at Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2018
Great cooperative co workers.
The management staff is good.
The trainers and schedulers make sure that we are doing good whenever we have a word with them.
Productive enviroment
Condo Concierge (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2018
Took notes on observations and watched the surveillance cameras. communicated with residents from the condominium. Communicated through a radio and contributed to a team effort. The most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with a large range of personalities.
Excellent experience
Private Security Guard ( Concierge- Front desk) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 April 2018
My part time job with regal security is wonderfull, helped me to enhance my communication skills and gain confidence on my own words. The front desk experience helped me to enhance my computer usage skills.
Pros
Always listen to workers
Stay away
Concierge (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 April 2018
Worst management system; specially the scheduling department, they have no respect for the guards. If you give into them, they will even threaten you and lie to make you cover shifts.
meh
Concierge/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 January 2018
i would say this is a standard security company, you will be called in for extra hours alot, and they will argue with you until you hang up.
you will likely be moved from sight to sight unless you are a politician, currently they are paying $14 or just above so the same as everyone.
Its very hard to be fired, but you can be moved around, dont expect your hard work to be noticed, it wont be.
Management is a joke, they dont listen to your concerns at all and will tell other managers about it.
This company made me want to leave security.
Pros
you are likely to never be fired
Cons
you will give up your soul
Good
Lead Mobile Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 December 2017
Overall and ok company. They make certain promises to guards they cannot keep. Also they are very short in staff so there are always guards missing or not showing up for work.
Great Team to work for!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 November 2017
Regal Security Inc. has been a great company to work for. The owners and management team genuinely care about the business and the people that are working for them.

At the end of the day, this is security guarding. It is not an easy sector to work in, long hours at entry level wages can be detracting. Yet, Regal does show that it is a place if you put in the time and the effort, you can rise fast in the company.

They recognize people all the time with awards, promotions and gifts.

For a company that is growing, they will be big player in the next few years.
Pros
Good schedules, good pay rates, fair and respectful management practices
Cons
Employee engagement can always be better, direct deposit needed
Great Company to work for
head office (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
Great plans and great vision from ownership. Make you feel part of the team. You will be appreciated for all your efforts here. You will not feel like just a number
Great Company
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2017
Regal Security is hands down one of the best security companies in the GTA to work for. To start off, they offer many different types of sites and schedules for you to work (i.e commercial vs residential and F/T vs Floating). They pay their employees well (their rates are competitive for all other companies). The management team is amazing! At no other company are they so invested and care about all their employees. Scheduling is the best! They are very understanding and work with you to make sure you get the best out of the company. If you are looking for a job with a company that cares - go with Regal. You will not be disappointed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at REGAL SECURITY INC.. Our community is ready to answer.

REGAL SECURITY INC. Reviews by Location