Refrigerative Supply

Refrigerative Supply Employee Reviews

Canada13 reviews

Used to be great

RSL is undergoing change faster than employees can handle, resulting in high anxiety and churn in head office. It used to have a great 'family' feel, people believed in team work. Now, people are just trying to keep their head down.

RSL was like a family

I only worked at RSL for around 10 months but I loved my time there. The company really fosters a team first mentality, everybody is moving in the same direction. They have really good employees and it keeps the customers coming back to them. They also spared no expense for company events.

Five hours straight work, with no break.

I work at their distribution center this past Summer, and it felt like a sweat shop. We worked from 8-5, and you get 1 hour lunch at 1 pm, no breaks before that and none after, I'm not even sure it's legal. The warehouse manager is an old-school dictator who micro manages everything you do, but they call it a 'family business,' yet runs the place like a soulless corporation.

Terrible warehouse managment

Manager in the warehouse is lazy. More into pointing a figure than lending a hand. Pretty unsafe in general. They block fire exits all the time. You're worked like a dog without much thanks in return. Some of the people are pretty cool though. The training is pretty inadequate. The manager will usually pull your trainer off of training you to have them do another task, leaving you to kind of wander around.

Great workplace culture

Family business and managed professionally. The Company is successful and is in growth mode. This is a Team oriented environment and there is good training and learning opportunities for those who aspire to grow with the company.

Look elsewhere

Working for this place started out well enough but if you dont follow the mould expect to be shunned, often I was talked down to by my coworkers for my recreational activities (dont play golf, prefer DnD or WOW) often coworkers would ridicule my choices. Was also looked down on cause I wasn't from the industry, another thing to note is the employees dont have an open mind and would often ask inappropriate questions about my relationship with my partner. Managment often turned a blind eye to this behavior.

Pros

Free lunches occasionally

Cons

Loved working for this company

Good company to work for. They help with advancement and provide many career aiding opportunities, Management was great to deal with. Hardest part of the job was it requires some heavy lifting, but not too much.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

Inventory

Day goes fast

Challenging, never a dull moment. Expect to run your legs off during extreme hot and cold days. Benefits, profit sharing are decent. Being able to multitask is an extreme asset. Great bunch of people to work with

Pros

Learn lots

Cons

Onions in the hamburgers on Friday lunches

Great staff who go above and beyond

Whether you are a customer or a coworker, RSL is always a pleasant place to be. They were very accommodating to my health needs and to my schedule, and were always friendly. I work with the company seasonally and always end up coming back to work for them again.

Pros

Free coffee, Friendly coworkers

Cons

Very dusty.

Not an equal opportunity employer as stated.

No equal pay for equal work done, people know that and it was talked about a lot. Salaries should be posted if they really want to be a fair employer.

Benefits

Cons

Lopsided

Busy but enjoyable workplace

Work is great! Although it would be nice if the other branches has an Accounting Department also, not centralized Accounting Department because other Accounting staff live near the other branches but cannot work there because that branch does not have an Accounting Department.

great

Refrigerative Supply was a great place to work at. They acknowledged the fact that I had previous warehouse experience, and allowed me to do my job.

Pros

Friendly staff.

Cons

Working with truckers.

great environment to work in other than management

Daily shipping and receiving, operation of forklifts, handling of dangerous goods. Kept warehouse/office clean and organized. Dock experience. Deal with customers and couriers on a daily basis. Inventory management, and experience in counter sales. Provided Credits, and warranties, as well took care of a lot of the paper work end of things. I worked independently with minimal supervision.

Pros

profit sharing, good holidays

Cons

poor managament

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Refrigerative Supply. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9