Refresh Financial Employee Reviews

Do not work here, look for something better, do your research (google)
Accounts Team (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 May 2019
This is a honest review:

Company leadership is very confused about their direction and is very good at acting in a positive way by avoiding answering the questions that matter, they don't know how to retain great employees and think it's because of growth but it's not. Both the director of HR and the coordinator have quit which is not good. Team leaders have no idea how to coach their staff to do better so they let them go, no advancement structure for people that want a career, no inflation or performance structure, very high expectations of work for little pay, very short term job where you should not expect a career. Most people leave lately after 6-12 months with the company. I wish I had more positive things to say honestly, free pizza every couple weeks is okay I suppose and feeling like you actually make a difference with clients is good on the short term but not long term as most people leave the company.
Pros
Free lunch once in a while
Cons
Management, salary, job security, advancement
most garbage place to work
direct team (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC8 April 2019
This is hands down the worst place you can work. The leadership team is the most useless thing I have ever seen. they treat the team like trash. you ask for help to try and do better with your job and they will never sit down and help. they threaten your employment every single day if the team doesn't provide numbers. you ask for help and they do nothing the leaders sit on the computer watching Netflix and other things. this role i will not recommend but if you can get on the other side give it a go. DON'T DO THE SALES they are disrespectful, rude, will not help you even if you ask for it. I am still employed here last week they fired 5+ people for no reason. 1 by 1 everyone went into the side room and was terminated immediately. The team leaders provide no help and just keep demanding as they sit in their chairs with there headphones in. Please don't work here its the worst place ever. This is not a fun environment they make you feel useless they abuse there employees. STAY AWAY FROM REFRESH FINANCIAL
Pros
nothing
Cons
this place sucks
14 May 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your time here at Refresh. We are saddened to hear that your experience as an employee has not been the best. While we cannot address specific situations within our company for privacy reason, we can say that any decision made regarding our staff is with a heavy heart. We strive to provide our teams with opportunities to grow and advance within the company. Again we appreciate the constructive comment and will work to better our practices for future employees.

17 April 2019

We take caring for our team in a serious manner and we are deeply saddened by your opinion of Refresh. We aim to create an inclusive and caring workplace. We would be happy to speak with you personally to address issues you have raised or you can submit more feedback by sending us an email at feedback@refreshfinancial.ca.

worst company to work for
Partner (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC11 December 2018
there seems to always be a positive review after a negative shortly after it is posted which means Refresh Management is forcing their employees to post a positive review. I agree the management needs help they don't know how to lead or what to keep. I have seen so many people getting fired for being sick or for eating at there desk. I would recommend refresh only for a pay cheque nothing more.
Pros
nothing
Cons
Management, low pay, no leadership
12 December 2018

We’re sorry that you have the impression that we are forcing reviews, we strongly believe in honesty and aim to always be transparent hence why we do not edit the reviews or change them. Regarding your comment about reasons why staff have been terminated, we are concerned and puzzled. Like all companies, we are bound by legislation that is explicit about acceptable reasons to terminate someone’s employment: “being sick and eating at your desk” are not reasons that we have or would terminate someone. If you are open to discussing your concerns more specifically, please email feedback@refreshfinancial.ca. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope this has addressed your concerns.

Great place to work! Best culture I've experienced!
Partner Care and Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 December 2018
If being able to play foosball, ping pong, arcade games, wii on breaks, monthly spirit days, weekly Kahoot challenges & beer and wine on Friday isn't your thing, then Refresh probably isn't the place for you. If enjoying those things and working hard and being dedicated to the growth and success of a new, vibrant, growing company that truly is in business to help people is your thing, the Refresh is most definitely the place to be.

I have referred several people to come work here as I truly believe in the work that we do and the culture we do it within.
Pros
Great culture, upbeat atmosphere, excellent people
Worst sales job I have ever had!
Relationship Manger (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC5 December 2018
If I were to describe working at refresh with one word I would describe it as depressing. I've never had a job where there has been so much unorganization, no management structure and just no structure at all. You will be constantly be looked down upon and not accepted by your co-workers there is a high high turnover rate and my tenure at refresh Financial there were no experienced agents over 3 month. That always shows what kind of company refresh Financial is. Be careful if you get a call back from Refresh they are a waste of time in my opinion nothing is stable and consistent. Your pay scale is also on the lower end for the sales side of things as well maybe under 40 grand a year and thats the top salesman working full time. They will also fire you at will with little to no reason as well.
Pros
They serve alot of alcohol on fridays
Cons
Management, low payscale, high turnover, depressing atmosphere
7 December 2018

We’re so sad to hear that working with us has made you feel “depressed”, we always aim to make our employees feel like that they are valued and not taken for granted. We work to create a positive work culture and encourage our employees to build relationships with each other as we believe that together we can. With regards your concern about the turnover rate, salaries and consistency; we would be more than happy to address this in person and go over it in detail with you. If you are willing to chat with us please do not hesitate to reach out, we want to make sure that all our employees feel valued and heard. We will take this feedback into account and work harder to ensure that Refresh is a positive experience for everyone.

Everyone Should be Lucky Enough to Work at a Company Like This
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 November 2018
I haven't been at Refresh for very long but so far I've been blown away by how great it is to work at this company. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am very satisfied with my salary and benefits.

When you work at Refresh, you're expected to work hard and do a good job, but you're also encouraged to have fun and make sure you have a great work/life balance. If you need a break, there's a ping pong table (almost always in use) in the Flex Space and all the RedBull and Coke you can drink. On Friday afternoons we meet in the Flex Space for a trivia game and Beer and Wine Club if you choose to join. There are always social events going on during work and after hours. The culture is amazing here and you get the feeling that everyone genuinely cares about you.

Refresh offers lots of opportunities for advancement. If you're hired for one job but want to transition into something else later on, there are opportunities to do that. There are also lots of different types of jobs here. We're a FinTech company, so if you like sales, you could be on the phones talking to customers. If marketing is your thing, there's a department for that. If you're an IT person, you could be developing apps in Salesforce or building new web functionality.

Refresh is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Canada so I think that jobs will be secure here for a long time.

If you see a job posting that looks interesting, don't hesitate to submit an application. I really don't think you'll regret it.
Pros
Fun work place, great people, lots of perks, great culture, company is serious about making a positive impact in the community.
Cons
running out of room in office
Love working at Refresh
Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC29 November 2018
I was hired to bring the Refresh brand to life and was given full creative freedom and trust to do so which is every designer's dream. The company is respectful of everyone's talents and very supportive with each employees from my perspective which helps create a great work environnement. Lots of effort have been made to create a great culture with regular events and celebrations and employees actively take part in making the workplace even better.
Pros
Great work/life balance, Events, birthday cake and pizza, foosball table...
Cons
Not much really
Exteemly high staff turnover, poor management
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kelowna22 November 2018
Company is young so they have no solid idea of how many things shohld be done and they are not big on taking suggestions. They dont need a reason to fire staff as I have seen countless times in my years there.
Company does well with staff social events.
Low morale and low wages.
High stress, high pressure environment.
Shady practices.
Majority of these reviews are fake to cover what really happens there.
Pros
A paycheck, potential to learn
Cons
Bad management, no job security, unprofessional, limited room for growth
7 December 2018

We want to start by saying thank you for having worked at Refresh, we’re sorry that it did not work out in the long run and that your experience was not the best. We have been promoting a more positive workplace culture and always make sure to keep all our reviews as honest as possible. We do not promote fake reviewing as that would not help us trying to better our business practices. With regards to your comment about shady practices we clarify our products to our clients as best as we can and are constantly working to better our methods.
We would be more than happy to chat with you if you have any other questions so that we can learn from this please email us at feedback@refreshfinancial.ca

BC office seems fun
Client Care Champion (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 July 2018
The office in BC is a fun place to work. Beer friday, ping pong tables, casual atmosphere. Sucks for any remote employees though, who do not get to enjoy similar benefits or culture.
Great place to start work
Parterner Support & Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 July 2018
It's a great place to work at. Professional environment and fun. Awesome management team. We had team meeting everyday at 10 to talk about work load, problems and improvement which is really helpful to business and individual. The managers are all very friendly and easy to talk to. Lots of fun thing going on at the office to make it more enjoyable than just a regular office job. The hardest part of the job really is just the pay isn't good enough to support my family.
Moves Fast, Works Together, Conquers un-heard of Giants
Manager, Training & Development (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
Regardless of which department you work in, we all rely on one another to achieve what we need to achieve. Whether it is our teams working directly with our customers or our back-end systems working hard to improve the overall client experience, each member has a purpose and knows the impact their purpose has in both the client’s and company’s success. If anyone faces a challenge, they have both the tools and the individual support from their leadership to help overcome that challenge. If there is a challenge that many people are facing and there is no immediate solution, it is all-hands on deck to build the right solution, test it and roll it out with tracking systems in place to ensure its ongoing success.
As strong as we are operationally, we are equally intentional culturally. In any given week you would find yourself enjoying something sweet over a company celebration or enjoying a nice cold beer (yes, you heard me right, beer) during a Friday afternoon while enjoying the comradery of our Flex Space (there are usually some very entertaining Video Game, Ping Pong or Foosball games going on).
Pros
Beer/Wine Fridays, Free Red Bull, Company Breakfasts, Lunches, Lots of Recognition Prizes, Annual President's Club
Cons
Things move fast here, Requires people have the attitude to jump in with both feet, It's a great company for those looking to make a difference, it's not a great company for those looking to do the same thing every day
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
I have been working at Refresh Financial for almost 3 months now. When I first started I was a little scared with it being a new job for myself. Everyone here made me feel so welcome, most of them asked me through out the week how everything was going if there was anything they could do to help me get more comfortable in the job. The best part of the job is the people that I work with. We are all one big family here, we are always working together to look out for our clients.
The best part of the job is helping the clients. At the end of the day I go home and know that I have helped someone some way. Even if they didn't do the programs but just giving them more knowledge with credit. I don't really have any hard part of the job. Everyday is different around here, some days we are jam packed with tasks other days we are have a little bit more free time. I've learned so much at this job, before I worked here I didn't know much about credit or credit scores. I had 3 weeks of training and everyday I learned something new. They should really teach credit in schools. Everyday on the job I am still learning new things.
Working at Refresh Financial has been the best part of my life, I love working here.
relationship manager - new employee
relationship manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
Refresh Financial, fair, supportive, caring and alot of fun.
the work culture at this place is beyond good. everyone is always up beat and enjoying them selves. at the end of the day you lave feeling happy not only because your working with great people. but your actually helping people and its a great feeling. "5 stars" *****
Pros
all of them
Cons
zero
Work hard, play hard here!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 April 2018
Refresh Financial is a place that truly cares about its employees. You're well trained, and taken care of. Your happiness as an employee is very important. Team lunches, ping-pong tables, foosball, and casual work atmosphere make this a really nice place to work.

The work itself is face-paced, challenging and satisfying. This is a relatively new start-up and of course has some of the growing pains that come with new and fast-growing companies, but on the whole, it is well-run, and can adapt quickly to changes in the market.

Highly recommend Refresh Financial to any new employee :-)
Pros
Team lunches, volunteer opportunities, charity fundraising, great relaxing work space
Cons
Communications
Fun place to work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 April 2018
I’ve worked at Refresh Financial since July, and I have never worked somewhere that people make you feel loved. The energy is fun and positive, can be quite stressful but what job isn’t. Everyone works hard to change others lives and help them reach their goals. People care, things get done, and it’s just an overall fun place to work. Culture is amazing.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks, chance to move within the company
Cons
Don’t agree with all choices made
Awesome company!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Kelo7 March 2018
I love Refresh, and what it stands for. It is such a great concept. It is very fast paced and things are changing all the time. Such a variety of work. It is overall a fun and family oriented place.
Pros
Ping Pong, Beer Fridays, Great leaders
Values that fit with my life
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2018
Workplace culture is very important, and I see that at Refresh. There are different team events (like how we all celebrate our birthdays) to make sure we all feel important. The management team all knows my name, and treats me like the individual person that I am! I am constantly reminded about work/life balance and given different ways to access resources. I am very aligned with the values of this company
Pros
Access to training/information
Productive and great people to work with in a very nice setting.
Client Success Rep (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 January 2018
A typical day at work for me is to get to work, get my coffee, clock in and start checking my emails. I reach out to the clients that have email me over night and then I start making my calls to people who need help with their credit. I make roughly 70 phone calls per day. When I call these people we talk about what is going on that is hurting their credit and try to help resolve these issues. At the end of the day this job is rewarding because I truly do feel like I have helped them. The hardest part of the job is getting people to understand how finances and credit work. Sometimes I get some nasty people on the phone, but I have learned to shrug it off. The management here is good they have a lot on their shoulders but I think they will work it out. I really don't have many ill feelings but I think it may not be fore me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some things with management I do not agree with
Company had a good culture, ping pong table, beer fridays and mario kart
Reception/Admin (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2017
The team is fantastic my co-workers became my best friends. I learnt a lot about the financial world and how to help people build credit. Beer Fridays were cool.
Variety of jobs to keep you on your toes
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 August 2017
Enjoyed working for the company. Learned a lot of things. Believed in the company's motto. Great people to work along side with. Different jobs to be done on a daily basis to keep you on your toes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Refresh Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

Refresh Financial Reviews by Location