Refresh Financial Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great place to start work
Parterner Support & Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC4 July 2018
It's a great place to work at. Professional environment and fun. Awesome management team. We had team meeting everyday at 10 to talk about work load, problems and improvement which is really helpful to business and individual. The managers are all very friendly and easy to talk to. Lots of fun thing going on at the office to make it more enjoyable than just a regular office job. The hardest part of the job really is just the pay isn't good enough to support my family.
Moves Fast, Works Together, Conquers un-heard of Giants
Manager, Training & Development (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
Regardless of which department you work in, we all rely on one another to achieve what we need to achieve. Whether it is our teams working directly with our customers or our back-end systems working hard to improve the overall client experience, each member has a purpose and knows the impact their purpose has in both the client’s and company’s success. If anyone faces a challenge, they have both the tools and the individual support from their leadership to help overcome that challenge. If there is a challenge that many people are facing and there is no immediate solution, it is all-hands on deck to build the right solution, test it and roll it out with tracking systems in place to ensure its ongoing success.
As strong as we are operationally, we are equally intentional culturally. In any given week you would find yourself enjoying something sweet over a company celebration or enjoying a nice cold beer (yes, you heard me right, beer) during a Friday afternoon while enjoying the comradery of our Flex Space (there are usually some very entertaining Video Game, Ping Pong or Foosball games going on).
Pros
Beer/Wine Fridays, Free Red Bull, Company Breakfasts, Lunches, Lots of Recognition Prizes, Annual President's Club
Cons
Things move fast here, Requires people have the attitude to jump in with both feet, It's a great company for those looking to make a difference, it's not a great company for those looking to do the same thing every day
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
I have been working at Refresh Financial for almost 3 months now. When I first started I was a little scared with it being a new job for myself. Everyone here made me feel so welcome, most of them asked me through out the week how everything was going if there was anything they could do to help me get more comfortable in the job. The best part of the job is the people that I work with. We are all one big family here, we are always working together to look out for our clients.
The best part of the job is helping the clients. At the end of the day I go home and know that I have helped someone some way. Even if they didn't do the programs but just giving them more knowledge with credit. I don't really have any hard part of the job. Everyday is different around here, some days we are jam packed with tasks other days we are have a little bit more free time. I've learned so much at this job, before I worked here I didn't know much about credit or credit scores. I had 3 weeks of training and everyday I learned something new. They should really teach credit in schools. Everyday on the job I am still learning new things.
Working at Refresh Financial has been the best part of my life, I love working here.
relationship manager - new employee
relationship manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
Refresh Financial, fair, supportive, caring and alot of fun.
the work culture at this place is beyond good. everyone is always up beat and enjoying them selves. at the end of the day you lave feeling happy not only because your working with great people. but your actually helping people and its a great feeling. "5 stars" *****
Pros
all of them
Cons
zero
Work hard, play hard here!
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 April 2018
Refresh Financial is a place that truly cares about its employees. You're well trained, and taken care of. Your happiness as an employee is very important. Team lunches, ping-pong tables, foosball, and casual work atmosphere make this a really nice place to work.

The work itself is face-paced, challenging and satisfying. This is a relatively new start-up and of course has some of the growing pains that come with new and fast-growing companies, but on the whole, it is well-run, and can adapt quickly to changes in the market.

Highly recommend Refresh Financial to any new employee :-)
Pros
Team lunches, volunteer opportunities, charity fundraising, great relaxing work space
Cons
Communications
Fun place to work
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC6 April 2018
I’ve worked at Refresh Financial since July, and I have never worked somewhere that people make you feel loved. The energy is fun and positive, can be quite stressful but what job isn’t. Everyone works hard to change others lives and help them reach their goals. People care, things get done, and it’s just an overall fun place to work. Culture is amazing.
Pros
Paid lunches and breaks, chance to move within the company
Cons
Don’t agree with all choices made
Awesome company!
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Kelo7 March 2018
I love Refresh, and what it stands for. It is such a great concept. It is very fast paced and things are changing all the time. Such a variety of work. It is overall a fun and family oriented place.
Pros
Ping Pong, Beer Fridays, Great leaders
Values that fit with my life
Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 March 2018
Workplace culture is very important, and I see that at Refresh. There are different team events (like how we all celebrate our birthdays) to make sure we all feel important. The management team all knows my name, and treats me like the individual person that I am! I am constantly reminded about work/life balance and given different ways to access resources. I am very aligned with the values of this company
Pros
Access to training/information
Productive and great people to work with in a very nice setting.
Client Success Rep (Sales) (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 January 2018
A typical day at work for me is to get to work, get my coffee, clock in and start checking my emails. I reach out to the clients that have email me over night and then I start making my calls to people who need help with their credit. I make roughly 70 phone calls per day. When I call these people we talk about what is going on that is hurting their credit and try to help resolve these issues. At the end of the day this job is rewarding because I truly do feel like I have helped them. The hardest part of the job is getting people to understand how finances and credit work. Sometimes I get some nasty people on the phone, but I have learned to shrug it off. The management here is good they have a lot on their shoulders but I think they will work it out. I really don't have many ill feelings but I think it may not be fore me.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Some things with management I do not agree with
Company had a good culture, ping pong table, beer fridays and mario kart
Reception/Admin (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 December 2017
The team is fantastic my co-workers became my best friends. I learnt a lot about the financial world and how to help people build credit. Beer Fridays were cool.
Variety of jobs to keep you on your toes
Client Relations Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON1 August 2017
Enjoyed working for the company. Learned a lot of things. Believed in the company's motto. Great people to work along side with. Different jobs to be done on a daily basis to keep you on your toes.
Learning Experience
Client Relations (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 February 2017
There is always work to be done daily. Everyday is different, never repetitive. Amazing people to work with. Positive culture.
Pros
Changing peoples lives daily
Cons
Lack of communication
High pressure, no results
Sales Represntative (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC21 May 2016
This company has too high of sales expectations with the clientèle they are trying to sell to. The employees are treated as a revolving door. They are constantly hiring and firing without cause. It was my first experience with such poor management. The expected targets have never been hit since the company started. They are also a pretty sexist company. There are no women in management and they are paid a lower wage.