Reds Wine Tavern

Reds Wine Tavern Employee Reviews

Great and big team, managers were always for me at all times. learned how to handle big party, reservations, and how to handle waiting list. i got hire seasonal, and then they offered to extend.
I have worked here for several months but not for so long since this was not the job in my field. But people who work here have got mindset of professionalism and collaborative to each other. I am sure you wouldn't be disappointed as long as you are ready to handle some physical duties such as carrying heavy objects like beer kegs.
Terrible experience , left within a week. Bartenders are really unfriendly to servers during a rush. Didnt get trained correctly. Waited 1.5 hours to be sat. You'll make more money elsewhere , wouldn't recommend reds.
• Aiding FOH and BOH with daily or weekly errands. • Helping guest in choosing food and beverage pairing. • Working as a front of the house helper when required
The morale is just so low, managers don't want to help you or give you any positivity at work. Whenever management does something wrong, the blame the FOH staff and punishes them. Once management changes, it would be a better place to work.
Pros
Servers are great to work with
Cons
Management threatens you & cuts hours for no reason
A typical day at work for me was busy. It consisted of taking reservations, greeting guests, seating guests, and assisting with serving when needed. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with all the regular customers on a daily basis
The day as a service assistant starts at 9:30 a.m. where you should organize everything for lunch time, which is the busiest time during the day, and have everything ready to provide the service. At 11:30 you must be at the entrance with the uniform well organized to attend the guests and place them in their respective reservations. Then you should help in the kitchen to take the food to the guests and finally collect the dishes, organize and clean the public areas for the next shift in the night.
Benefits
Cons
Few hours
Unorganized, zero communication from upper management, junior level managers extremely over worked. Just a very frustrating, upsetting environment to be in.
Cons
Long hours, barely get breaks during mandatory 10 hour shifts, regional director is a joke.
I enjoyed my time working at Red's as a had and made friends there in my co-workers and felt welcomed, however the system in place at Red's left the brunt of most work to land on the shoulders of the people in my specific position. With little to o improvment or change over my time there it grew frustrating.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Flawed system
They have a method that has been worked out in all angles and they stick to it. Everyone is speaking the same language so you will know if it works for you.
Pros
Consistency, Great Food
Cons
Staff meals expensive