Redeemer University College Employee Reviews

Hard place to work
Sessional Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON29 April 2018
While I enjoyed teaching the college doesn't pay well because of lack of funds. Full time professors teach at least 8 courses which is above industry average.
Pros
Small close knit community
Cons
Few oppurtunities
Likeable and flexible Bosses but poor training all around
Redemer Athletic Center Employee (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON25 February 2018
Typically you are given a large amount of free time for completing a list of tasks to complete. Whether you were ever trained to complete those tasks is entirely dependant on your boss.
Pros
Low expectations and flexible schedule Very likeable bosses
Cons
Many short shifts and not a lot of hours to work. Poor leadership
Great
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 July 2017
Both as a student and as a teaching assistant (TA), I loved my time at Redeemer University/College! I never worked more than I was able to handle with schoolwork, I worked with an incredibly intelligent professor who was easy to work with, and I learned a lot and gained great experience.
It was school
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON8 January 2017
It was at my school so it was nice. I cleaned offices. Co-workers were great but some of the office workers could be a little snooty and rude.
Truly enriching spiritual experience
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON3 August 2016
Working at Redeemer makes you feel as though you have acquired a second family. Everyone works as a team and ensures individual comfort and happiness.
Fun, Rewarding, Experience of Lifetime
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON13 November 2015
Organizing over 17 people plus a director for rehearsals in order to cover each and every scene being done in the show Loves Labours Lost.
It was alot of fun. Could be stressful at times due to different scheduling and booking rehearsal spaces.
I was also involved in making props and set pieces for the show.
My ultimate job was to call the show when all the other bits were said and done. That means making sure the lighting and sound cues were occurring and that there was communication with my Assistant Stage Manager ground floor backstage.
It was my job to make sure the stage was set each night and to make sure everyone was in place before we began. It was an intense and rewarding job getting to watch the show 7 times total with a 1.5- 2 hour run time on the show (that includes intermission).

You often play the middle man between the director and the actors or the director and the other creative minds involved in the set, costuming and props.
This is a job that tests your people skills and stress levels and the end results are extremely rewarding because everyone is working towards an end goal. Everyone in the show is there because they want to be which makes everything that much more enjoyable- You do not have to convince anyone of what is fun or necessary.
Pros
organizational skills, working under pressure
Cons
Working with a Green Director- During School, therefore it became priority over school.
Productive and fun environment that helps you grow.
Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON23 November 2014
Hours are good. And you feel a true sense of community at Redeemer.Hardest part of the job is finding innovative ways to reshape the assumed culture. Is a place that fosters growth and development of skills.
Great work environment
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON14 January 2014
Being a photographer for Redeemer has lead me to meet a variety of new people, use my skill set and it lets me use my hobby talents as a photographer. I enjoyed every minute of every event that I shot.
Productive and educating place to work
Financial Services Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ancaster, ON29 January 2013
It is a great place to work. Great people, educating and encouraging, positive environment.