Red Robin

Red Robin Employee Reviews

Great place to work if you're young, in school, like to party, and can keep up in fast pace environments. Co-workers are great, customers are pretty cheap!
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
It's very corporate and if anything is going to give, it's the staff!
-Fast paced environment. (Find your own time to take a break) and work load is less staff management and more restaurant "doing". -Micromanaging upper management. Have to ask permission for everything. If you need a response or something resolved, expect to wait.-Great staff. "Bottomless fun" is still part of the team if its fostered. -Good food. Staff works hard to send out the best they can under tight staff levels.
Pros
Free lunch for managers. Great staff. Benefits.
Cons
No work life balance. Long work days. Demanding corp culture.
you should have a great time working here crew members management team are pretty awesome and accept most people. if other servers cant help ya ask the Expos,,,,,they probably know where it is and get it fast for you or suggest something better to pair with it,,,,trust me they got to hook up!!! still find it silly gotta do birthday songs but it all in good fun and the clientele LOVE it Mose hat and all
Pros
free fries, 50%off lunch/dinnerr
Cons
closing shifts are super long and lots of paperwork
I worked at Windermere Red Robins till right before it shut down. It was one of the most wild and memorable jobs, as well as being my first legitimate jobs. Working there on a Friday evening was crazy, first week on the job we had a 50 order rush and crashed. The atmosphere in the back was chaotic and still really fun. Every employee was uniquely memorable, and I mean it in the best way possible. The managers were also super fun and put up with how slow I was for way longer than they should have, but I’m still thankful that they did. Pay was really good and tips were even better. The only downside was that there wasn’t anywhere to sit during lunch break and if you weren’t leaving the building for a smoke break, you’d end up pulling up a crate, and sitting by the trash and back entrance. That wasn’t too bad unless the weather turned cold, and when you’re facing -40 degree Edmonton weather. You’ll find that whatever grease was trapped in your work uniform would freeze in seconds. Still a great place and I’m sad it closed
Pros
Great pay and people
Cons
Shut down
The company was a great experience when you are the manager, as you are the one that sets the culture in your restaurant. The opportunity was upper management, they never new how to appreciate the hard working managers. Managers are Available 24-7 and the life-work is not achieved with out assistant managers.
Pros
Lots to learn, I recommend to any junior manager
Cons
Manager life work balance
The location I worked at was dirty, had mice, and many more problems that management refused to acknowledge or fix. I was disgusted to work there for the time that I did, and I would never recommend anyone to work there either. They do not treat their employees with respect by any means.
Pros
nothng, not even a lunch break.
Cons
Had to sign papers if you didnt work 3 hours, so you wouldnt get paid for minimum 3 hours
The management team is friendly, approachable, and well mannered. Co-workers were great and the discounts given out by the company are better than most. I would definitely recommend younger people or students apply for a job at red robins. Though I do recommend people who are looking for a job to pay living expenses to also have a second job as well.
Pros
good conflict resolution, good team leaders, great discounts, great room for advancement
Cons
shifts can be very short.
Don't waste your time unless you want to be a server.. and move onto something better. Management is a joke and has been forever and it's never gonna change EVER.
Pros
Cool server friends
Cons
Management poopies
Worked there for two years. Fine place to work. Good staff. Workplace culture was good - nice coworkers. Could get busy, but if you worked hard it was manageable.
Staff drama, Management drama, teenagers as GM's who have no experience running a business, yet alone how to be in charge of any staff what so ever. Would really only recommend working for them if you enjoy giving 90% of your hard earned tips away. T
I worked at Red Robins for about 3 years, the environment was great and I got along with everyone that worked there. Unfortunately Red Robins had to shut down which is why I do not work there anymore.
I learned how to operate the dishwasher the workplace culture was swell the hardest part of my job was being in one place during the whole work day the easiest part of my job was getting along with the other people that worked there
This was a stressful job. I was given a job offer at the interview, and promised 30+ hrs a week. I was lucky if I got 15 hrs a week. Management did not care about training; I never completed the full Red Robin training program and my third shift in I was scheduled to host by myself. The other workers were really nice, just felt no support from management. I worked here 6 weeks, and asked about my cut of the tips, but never received any. Managers did not respect my availability changes when I had to get a second job because I was not receiving the hours I was promised. Not my type of workplace.
Guests can be demanding for their bottomless options and time-management is super important. Team effort is helpful and ideal. Management is very accommodating to life/work schedule with good reason and good work history as a basis. Tips usually representative of your service but some guests are just cheap and picky. You need to be on top of your memorization, service, cleanliness and time.
Pros
flexible schedule, free regular steak fries and most pop, decent chance of promotion
Cons
stressful, picky guest, high staff turnover rate
Red Robin was a very good entry level restaurant job, but if you are not a fast learner you may struggle. Managers can be hit or miss, but most of the wait staff and hosts are lovely! Tips for kitchen staff are excellent, but hosts do not get a large cut. If you plan on being a host, you will also be a busser.
One of the best things about working here, is you are actually working on a team. And the team is very diverse, which makes working there more of an education. And because we are so diverse we are able to provide better service to customers. The managers will always help, they'll even cook if need be. The point with them is to serve, and we do whatever is takes-more than most restaurants to provide service to kids and all.
A typical day at red robins , i arrive to shift at 4pm , say hello to the day time bar tender , ask if theres anything i can do to help clean from the day shift, usually there is things like getting more ice, milk, ice cream, strawberries, that kind of stuff, change D10 buckets. and then wait for the fun to begin. its really different every day some days are slower than others but on a busy day,the rush starts at 530-6, i will stand behind the bar making every milk shake, cherry lime flip, and rasberry limade that comes my way ;) and that will take all the way till 8pm , then i start my clean up ! (melting ice re stocking EVERYTHING) then we close at 10 pm unless its Friday or Saturday then we close at 11 . The managers are always there to lend a hand, i love my co workers . Hardest part of the job honestly... working weekend and only nights (which i can get over) but if i HAD to pick something i would change , i would work more day shifts <3
Nice workplace, good co-workers and managers. some crazy busy at dinner rush time but you can handle it with your colleagues. The cleanest restaurant I've ever worked
Fun, fast paced place to work, great management and staff! its a family friendly restaurant so there is lots of kids! good environment and lots of friends to be made
it was a joy working for red robin. I met many people who have become very important to me over time. it was a great experience working for red robin while they were open.
Red robin is a great place to work while in school or not, they gave flexible hours. You can start as a hostess and always have time to move up in the business
  1. Employee reviews