Red Robin Employee Reviews

Found 124 reviews matching the search See all 3,164 reviews
Fun workplace
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Robson, BC2 November 2018
People are amazing to work with. Job gets stressful and busy on weekend nights. Hard to have a flexible schedule when you dont get certain end times. Be ready to work with people than yourself.
Poorly managed
Server (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC31 October 2018
Poorly managed and staff are undervalued. Hard to move up and the managers are very apathetic. Feel like you can’t go to them about anything and have been passed over for promotions 3 times in spite of previous management experience for no real reason. Long hours, managers are difficult when you change you availablilty. Overall not a fun place to work
Busy, unorganized
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 October 2018
A good job, if being on your feet and constantly moving is your strong suit. Very fast paced, very demanding, but very stressful. Managers were very apathetic, and would not give breaks even if it's an 8-hour shift.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Apathetic managers and staff
Poorly managed
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC17 October 2018
I had friends who were employed at other Red Robin locations who really enjoyed their work however my location was poorly managed and understaffed. I felt undervalued as an employee and the job was extremely stressful.
Very busy and not well run
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC30 September 2018
A typical day would be starting off running a normal server section of about 4-5 times until they start to cut down server staff to the point of where you are solely responsible for nearly 15 tables with no help from management or other staff.
Pros
Fun people. tips are great.
Cons
hours are never determined.
The people that work there
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC27 September 2018
they're all very nice but on a Friday, they could act like a totally different person on a busy night. further more it's very easy making friends there.
Meh
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC21 August 2018
It was just a job, I did meet a lot of amazing people there though, that’s what made it bareable, lack of communication from other managers, overall I will miss the people that I worked with the most . Typical chain and corporate restaurant
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Very stressful, expectations are super high
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB9 August 2018
Red robin was always a very fun, energetic, and enticing place to work. There was always something to do, you never were just standing around and the people made it very upbeat and enjoyable.
Good place to work but not much room to advance...
Line Cook/Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 June 2018
I mostly work in the kitchen and the typical day can vary. Sometimes I open which involves putting together and starting up the equipment, stocking the line with all the required tools, food, etc and some cleaning duties to ensure the line is ready to go for 11am followed by preparing orders. A few mornings a week we also put away the food/paper deliveries that were delivered the night before after closing.
Mid shifts are all about preparing food as well as cleaning duties.
Pre-close and closers start taking tools and food offline followed by cleaning/prep for cleaning by cleaners of tools and equipment then generally cleaning up. Everyone is required to help out in dish to keep it manageable, I actually like being in dish. When I'm doing a prep shift I come in shortly after the opener and prep food for the day/next few days - cutting fruits and veggies, preparing soups and sauces, freezer pull, etc as well as cleaning duties.

I love the culture at Red Robin, the first part of our BURGER acronym is "Better for Being Here" and it truly is a fun place to work. That said, it can be challenging when there does not always seem to be sufficient time given to training new staff, maintaining inventory, or clearly communicating new/existing procedures along with why things are done the way they are. Overall, the people I work with are capable and willing to learn.

While there are opportunities for advancement you're required to change stores if you want to move beyond being a shift leader. Any type of management training is required to be done outside of your "home store"
  more... and then if you're offered a management position after your training it has to be at yet another store. I can understand why this policy is in place, it's easier to foster a manager/employee relationship when you haven't worked along side people before. That said, the policy makes the idea of advancing within the company daunting from a transportation aspect, I chose this store because it's such a short commute.  less
Pros
free team fries, half priced food, free fountain drinks, great people, benefits after 1 year FT work, wage increase based on performance and experience
Cons
no advancement without relocating, lack of standards communication
Expectations for employees were unrealistic
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC11 June 2018
Red Robin offers many opportunities to move up in position and wages were decent. This being said they were consitently short staffed and put pressure on staff as such. Management were inexperienced and unprepared from night to night to handle the volume of guests they received.
Management poorly trained
Sale Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2018
All the higher up mangers had a lot of troubles communicating with the team properly, and constantly used informal language with employees without giving proper information about the tasks at hand. Hardest part about this job was to deal with constant uncertainty coming from the managers also while I was there the managers kept being fired for lack of for fulfillment in their tasks.
Red Robins had good co-workers and mangement just wish they were looking for someone when i was there
prep cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC1 June 2018
A typical day would be 6am until 12pm preparing food then sometimes i would go into the dish pit cause the dish washer came in late only once or twice
Pros
i had free lunches when i would ask for them
Cons
break times were too long in my opinion
Good starting job
Busser and Hostess (Current Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB22 May 2018
It was a wonderful learning experience working here, and I highly suggest starting here for a first job. Although don't expect high paying wages to start, these come with years of working with them, unless you advance to a higher standing with them. The environment is very hectic, with evenings (Especially weekends) being busiest. Management was often changed every couple months as well. Most of the staff is very young, a large percentage under 30.
Pros
Discounts of meals, free drinks, Semi-flexible schedules.
Cons
Lack of hours (as hostess)
good place to work in however if your looking for part time job, make sure to be prepared to what may come in your path.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Surrey British Columbia15 May 2018
working in a kitchen in Red Robin is quite enjoyable and also very tiring too. it gets busy and some, gets a bit of a chill day. However in my experience working there as their dishwasher is not as what I expected it to be. as I started there, I was very excited and delighted as a member. but as time goes by, i became more reluctant due to the fact that I told them that my availability was Friday nights, full time on Saturdays and Sundays, and Monday after school. to be honest, a lot of dishwashers had quit before me and yet, they have not been there longer than I had (I think).
Pros
free fries and drinks
Cons
shifts schedules
Great place to work. Everyone's super nice and always having fun!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC18 April 2018
I love working here, the management is amazing and so is the staff. It's a fun, fast-paced work environment. For hosting, I've gotten mostly 3.5-hour shifts. If you want a fun job just for some extra cash I highly recommend it.
Manager was arrested for stealing from our wages
Host (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Fast paced environment with poor management style and communication. Smelt bad and servers were mean. Manager was stealing from our wages and was arrested. Sometimes they let me do the whip cream on a milkshake though.
OK job for students.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC29 March 2018
The management was very rude at the Vernon Red Robins. Tip money went “missing” serveral times during my 9 months there. When I asked for it the manager called me a “greety b**tard”. Wouldn’t recommend this job.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Poor management
productive fun atmosphere
Prep Cook/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC25 March 2018
Very fun place to work. friendly staff and good management and head office personnel.

very fast paced and would work there again in a heartbeat. stopped working there as I had a child.
A friendly place to work
Prep Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC20 March 2018
When I was employed within Red Robin, I found that the culture is super friendly. Working in the kitchen, the hardest time is when, for whichever reason, you're understaffed during a rush. I would definitely recommend them as an employer however based on my experience.
good workplace to gain serving experience
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 February 2018
good workplace to start serving. now feel far more equipped to enter into the work place of other serving jobs. management is pretty good although many workers are rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.