Red Robin

Red Robin Employee Reviews

Canada229 reviews

Found 229 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,144 reviews

I love working here.

Red robins is by far the best place I’ve worked. The people here make work seem fun and it feels like you’re part of a family. I’d definitely come back!

Pros

50% off meals

Cons

Can be stressful

Honestly not the greatest place to work.

Love it here. Bottomless fun. HA! Funny. As my first job I was super excited to work there. But as soon as I started moving up the chain the managers got worse. I’m not going to say all of them but honestly there are a couple that are the reason I quit. You’d expect professionalism from your bosses but red robin is far from professional. They gossip and talk behind your back and over all spread rumours about their employees. Working there I felt very uncomfortable, anytime on shift I was always hearing gossip about coworkers. If you aren’t one of the mangers favourites then good luck. I won’t completely knock this place tho. Honestly the customers and some of the employees were the reason why I stayed so long. Once you become a server the money is good. And depending on who’s working the support is great. Overall this place has gone downhill.

Pros

Money is nice and some good coworkers.

Cons

After work cries.

Insights into Red Robin

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Terrible place to work

New management at the prince George location has made it an unworkable place to be the hours are often short and unsustainable if you have bills to pay. The kitchen is overworked and underpaid. It is disorganized and falling apart all in all if 0 stars was possible I'd give it -1 stars don't work here unless you want to hate your life more than usual

Cons

The most positive work experience I've ever had

I highly recommend the Victoria Red Robin if you're looking for a job! I absolutely love it and it is the most positive work experience I've ever had (and I've had many!) If you enjoy fast-paced hospitality work, this job is a lot of fun. The shifts go by in a blink of an eye and it doesn't even really feel like working. The entire staff is great and super friendly. The management team is very approachable, helpful, and impressively the hardest working management team I've ever worked with. The customers are great too and fun to serve! Schedules are flexible and easy to work around your life. I couldn't think of a bad thing to say about it if I tried :) You also get a food discount and everything on the menu is amazing. 100/10 recommend!

Pros

Flexible schedules, fun work environment, great staff, great management, food discounts

Awesome at first

To be honest it was great at first but for if you want to advance in the company best to find something else. The people are great but overall it's not the best if you're into culinary you might as well find something else that can give you more opportunities.

Poor Upper management

Very poor upper management. Expectation are threw the roof now that covid is ending. You are expected to burn yourself out for no personal gain. always understaffed. Labor expectations are very unrealistic

Didn't like it

Just wasn't for me and didnt like the over all culture of the kitchen. People were nice but managmeny wasn't very good at all and ultimately created more problems than they solved

Good management

Was a really good work environment, management was incredible. Loved all my coworkers, there was never any judgement we all felt like a big family. Definitely a good place to work!

Not for everyone, great for some

I had a great experience working for two different reds! I did have some issues but was able to work them out, some people aren’t so lucky. Not the best tips, however, because it is so busy, you can make good money. Some of my best friends were made here!!!

Pros

Great people

Cons

You’re expendable

Management is horrible.

The managers don’t train you properly, get mad when you don’t know something that you weren’t taught, yell at you for no reason, and are really unhelpful. Overall a toxic workplace. I haven’t worked there in months but it’s the worst place I have ever worked at. Would not recommend.

Meh

Just Meh. Overworked, terrible hours, toxic workplace, management that can’t get people to listen to them, irresponsible sections and floor planning.

Bad management

Some co workers bad and bad management, some managers too strict. Hours are cut as well and can be boring at times. Good for some experience or first job

Pros

Good discount

Cons

Cut hours

I wouldn't recommend it!

I was very excited to start working at red robins. I enjoyed working there up until one of our managers had to leave. After that, the management went drastically downhill! Currently, the managers are not very good they are rude and only give good shifts and seating to people they like. The scheduling is horrible and if you can't work it can be very difficult to get your shift covered. The inventory is horrible half of the time there aren't any clean cups and most of them are broken, they have absolutely no cutlery so a lot of the time you have no cutlery to give to guests which makes you look stupid and looks bad on the restaurant. They are constantly running out of food products so most of the time there are a few things on the menu you cant even serve. The managers can be disrespectful and very unhelpful if you're struggling with something. Currently, there aren't enough hours to even give full-time staff working there and there still posting jobs on indeed which makes no sense! The other servers there are very sweet and helpful but management makes it very difficult to do your job! On the positive side, the setup of red robins makes serving very easy and fun. The hours can be extremely helpful if you are doing school and can only work small shifts. All of the coworkers are very nice and sweet so that makes work fun! Overall I wouldn't recommend working here if you want managers who respect you!

Pros

Discounts on food while working, Family discounts, Short hours

Cons

Low supplies, Bad management, Lack of respect

Fast-paced and stressful at times, but if you can keep up then it’s good.

As with all restaurants, the environment here is usually fast-paced which can lead to a lot of stress. At the same time, if you can keep up, the compensation is good. Management is good as well. Turnover rate is high, as with most restaurants.

Stress full place with poor management

Management constantly short staffed the place, did help or care at all. Equipment in a degree of brokenness. Keeping really bad employees around when they should be fired. No support for stressed and burned out employees.

Flexible hours, terrible organization

I worked at the Burnaby location. The managers are very kind and hard working. You get to choose your hours/shifts. Very flexible with booking time off, even if it’s last minute. Very forgiving if you’re a couple minutes late sometimes. However, head office prioritizes money over everything. This means that new people get two days of training and then you’re on your own. So lots of people don’t know what they’re doing and orders get messed up constantly. If the day shift is too slow, they panic about labour costs, cut all the servers before they even know how busy dinner is going to be, so there’s only like 2 servers, 1 food runner and 1 host, and then they get slammed. If you can handle doing the work of 3 people in a full restaurant with angry customers, go for it, bartender servers make at least $100-150 in tips a night. Communication is terrible. The schedule is never out on time and sometimes they change it halfway through the week and forget to tell people. Tip pay outs for hosts and cooks were sometimes a few days late because they “forgot to go to the bank”. There is a “strict rule” that all staff are not allowed to sit at the bar yet the shift leaders and managers completely ignore this rule as if it doesn’t apply to them while they enforce it on others. I think if you expect workers to do the work of 3 people most nights, you should be paying them more than minimum wage. Hated working here. Came home absolutely exhausted every night. Was not worth it. Again I actually liked the managers and I don’t blame them at all. There isn’t enough support from the owners/head -

Fun Workplace that was brought down by poor management.

So, I am only 15 yrs old and thought what better place to start my first ever career than redrobin.Getting an interview was a bit of a hassle, I had to drop off resumes multiple times and follow up twice, but no big deal.I received a phone call after some time offering an interview: the interview was pretty straightforward, just normal questions.After the interview i was brought in for like mock training, it was in a group and we did things like going over dress code, rules, table numbers, etcWhen I started I was getting 3 shifts a week as an Expeditor, training was ok, not the best but I did what I could. After some time my shifts decreased to 1 a week for 2 hours only and I was switched to bussing.I could live with that, it was annoying but first job whatever, now I haven't been scheduled for close to 2 ½ months and I don't understand why. No reason other than it's not bust enough

Pros

Discount on one meal item Free software drinks

Cons

Short hours Poor management Poor training

Fun place to work

Was fun and would go back. Definitely a place where you would go to work in a bad mood and then be in a good mood when you were there. Everyone was nice.

Good team environment, decent wage + good tips

Great place to work at as a server. Tips are great, and if you show initiative then the more shifts you get. You can advance to shift leading or bartending if you put in the aptitude. My coworkers are great too.

Pros

Free fries, flexible hours

Cons

Can take a bit to get used to

Went home owing people money some nights! So many ppl to tip out.

Cookie cutter franchise, VERY strict SOP/Specs. Tons of "mystery diners", timing/tests/singing to tables of kids. Kids half my age telling me what to do, hectic environment.

Pros

Free fries and pop

Cons

Make literally no money

Stressful work experience without proper compensation

Management was uncommunicative and punishing, they would tell hosts to do tasks and then reprimand them for doing tasks. Poor containment on their temper, would often yell, sometimes in front of customers.

Pros

Work-life balance

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Robin. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement