Red Robin
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Red Robin Employee Reviews

Canada193 reviews
Busy and Fast Paced workplace
Guests can be demanding for their bottomless options and time-management is super important. Team effort is helpful and ideal. Management is very accommodating to life/work schedule with good reason and good work history as a basis. Tips usually representative of your service but some guests are just cheap and picky. You need to be on top of your memorization, service, cleanliness and time.
Pros
flexible schedule, free regular steak fries and most pop, decent chance of promotion
Cons
stressful, picky guest, high staff turnover rate
It was work experience i did there so no pay
I learned how to operate the dishwasher the workplace culture was swell the hardest part of my job was being in one place during the whole work day the easiest part of my job was getting along with the other people that worked there
No training, no tips, no support
This was a stressful job. I was given a job offer at the interview, and promised 30+ hrs a week. I was lucky if I got 15 hrs a week. Management did not care about training; I never completed the full Red Robin training program and my third shift in I was scheduled to host by myself. The other workers were really nice, just felt no support from management. I worked here 6 weeks, and asked about my cut of the tips, but never received any. Managers did not respect my availability changes when I had to get a second job because I was not receiving the hours I was promised. Not my type of workplace.
Great coworkers, fast paced and high stress environment!
Red Robin was a very good entry level restaurant job, but if you are not a fast learner you may struggle. Managers can be hit or miss, but most of the wait staff and hosts are lovely! Tips for kitchen staff are excellent, but hosts do not get a large cut. If you plan on being a host, you will also be a busser.
Epic Place
One of the best things about working here, is you are actually working on a team. And the team is very diverse, which makes working there more of an education. And because we are so diverse we are able to provide better service to customers. The managers will always help, they'll even cook if need be. The point with them is to serve, and we do whatever is takes-more than most restaurants to provide service to kids and all.
Red Robins... YUM
A typical day at red robins , i arrive to shift at 4pm , say hello to the day time bar tender , ask if theres anything i can do to help clean from the day shift, usually there is things like getting more ice, milk, ice cream, strawberries, that kind of stuff, change D10 buckets. and then wait for the fun to begin. its really different every day some days are slower than others but on a busy day,the rush starts at 530-6, i will stand behind the bar making every milk shake, cherry lime flip, and rasberry limade that comes my way ;) and that will take all the way till 8pm , then i start my clean up ! (melting ice re stocking EVERYTHING) then we close at 10 pm unless its Friday or Saturday then we close at 11 . The managers are always there to lend a hand, i love my co workers . Hardest part of the job honestly... working weekend and only nights (which i can get over) but if i HAD to pick something i would change , i would work more day shifts <3
nice workplace
Nice workplace, good co-workers and managers.
some crazy busy at dinner rush time but you can handle it with your colleagues.

The cleanest restaurant I've ever worked
Fun experience
Fun, fast paced place to work, great management and staff!
its a family friendly restaurant so there is lots of kids!

good environment and lots of friends to be made
Fun workplace
it was a joy working for red robin. I met many people who have become very important to me over time.
it was a great experience working for red robin while they were open.
workplace
Red robin is a great place to work while in school or not, they gave flexible hours. You can start as a hostess and always have time to move up in the business
great workplace
great workplace, good management and supportive staff. I loved the fast paced days. the hardest part of the job is when families come and treat the restaurant like a daycare.
I like working here
The hours are good, sometimes better hours are given to more senior team members
All team members are super friendly and helpful

Fast paced work environment
The hardest part of this job was working during rush hour when there was little to no stock for certain ingredients. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people who I worked with.
Good Money, but Stressful
If you're looking for hours, you'll guaranteed have close to 40 a week here.
Pros: Coworkers are great, pay is moderate, lots of hours.

Cons: management can be hard to deal with, the job itself is very fast paced and stressful, and working so many hours (often overtime) means that a lot of your life is devoted to this job. Know that before going into it, and if you're ok with that then all the power to you.
Great family, great customers, great atmosphere and great food.
Working at Red Robin was beneficial as it helped me develop leadership skills as well as adjusting to a fast paced environment and cooperating with other on the team.
Managment makes it not worth it
Management is bad. They bully you, talk down to you and the worst part is they are the most incompetent. Two managers are especially condescending and insult staff often . Severs break down in the back room and staff have walked off due to unprofessionalism and how they're treated. They expect you to do your jobs and theirs and when there is any miscommunication at all, you are to blame. To them, you are lesser than. They require alot and give very little . They're advertisement is very misleading as pay is different then what is stated and they don't offer you discounts on phone plans or concert tickets --its a lie.
The atmosphere is demeaning and depressing and the pay is not worth the emotional turmoil that you endure. I got anxiety everytime I went to work there and defending yourself is frowned upon. Positions are not solid as everyone does everyone's job, no organization and staff deserve better . I honestly feel bad for everyone who works there except the managers... Red Robin gave me work PTSD .
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Poor management
Management is horrible
Management talks down to staff constantly, makes employees cry, they're rude and incompetent. High turn over rate as they don't set you up for success, training is done poorly, as some things won't be covered in training that your expected to know and managers will tell you contradicting things, based on their own opinions. Hosts get 1% or less-- severe confusion about pay as your never told what it is when your hired and all the staff will tell you something different . Managers will try to intimidate you into doing things that conflict with labour laws.-- The employers don't cover cost of getting a uniform or dry cleaning costs like other restaurants, and you are obligated to purchase one from your own paycheque. As well as they'll change your schedule less than 24 hrs in advance and then threaten to write you up for not showing up, on a day you had scheduled off. It's a good stepping stone in terms of restaurant experience but this restaurant is very mis managed and I've never been treated worse at any job then here. Get as much experience as possible and move on to a better atmosphere, if you can manage to stay long enough that is ...
Pros
50% one meal per shift, good parking space, friendly staff/co-workers
Cons
Extremely short shifts, poor pay/tips, shameful management, high demand, inappropriate training-- not set up for success
Would not recommend
Worked there for about a year, started off great. But the managment sucks, hours are insane. At the location in which I worked, favoritism was definitely an issue. Seniority also was a big thing that played a roll in how you were treated. Pay could be better especially for the slow seasons.
Poor workplace
Was a very dirty establishment to be working in. The rights of the workers were not taken into consideration. Workers could go a whole month without a day off.
Balance and fair treatment to work with.
A very balance and accommodating company to work with. Especially when it comes to opinion a d suggestion the Management are respectfully listen and do the action on the problem solving of the firm. And there's no discrimination. Theyrerespect
Best place to work
Working at Red Robin was truly fulfilling, communication & teamwork were the most important while working there. Of course there were the occasional work place conflicts, but the managers always handled it wonderfully. So sad I’m no longer able to work there