Red River College

Red River College Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

Great place for a disabled person to work

As a disabled person, I was very impressed with how HR, and other staff helped make my work suitable for my disabilities. Also, when I was offered the position at RRC, the starting salary was almost double what I was earning at the job in the private sector.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stress

Great place to work. Stimulating environment, autonomy. Work life balance, pay is fair, benefits are good. Colleagues are great. Management is supportive and provide opportunities.

Productive and fun place to work at with very good benefits

Self-development is just one of the best benefits here. Salary is okay for a Winnipeg job. Workplace is awesome with all the experienced and good mentors around.

nice place to work

supportive for new idea innovative good benefits nice office space nice classrooms good students lovely courses lots of opportunities to do new things

Pros

support

Cons

management

Learning environment, teaching is fun when audiencce or students catch up informations.

It is a very good place to work as everyday is new with new topics to discuss and transfer to the students. The Colleague discussion also demands to know everything that one talks about and hence a good motivation to know and master what we discuss. specially if the audience are from outside the college, preparing to make the information understandable by non-student audience is a great motivation. As the payment is also competitive, it is good to focus on the job rather than complaining and demanding to raise and related things.

Pros

Always new, good to transfer knowledge, learn from students and colleague, learn from research results whether negative or positive, always busy of something new.

Cons

students level of understanding differ, deal with every student until they know the subject.

Rrcc

This is where I obtained my education, so technically not a job. However I was impressed with the course content and many of the teachers. The lower scores for Salary/Job culture are based on my limited knowledge of those. RRCC has a good reputation though and I'm confident they treat their employees well.

A place to build skills and abilities in a nurturing environment, to create changee to post secondary education

This College is one of Canada's best for supporting research personal development and enabling and encouraging the career paths of employees

Pros

gateway to bachelor and masters programs

Cons

salary cap

Great Organization

Have spent my entire career teaching at Red River. Love the students, the staff and especially the work. I have instructed and designed courses in Human Resources Management for both Distance and Continuing Education.

Pros

Flexibility, Autonomy

Cons

Part time, no benefits

Large Campus Staff Felt Like Close Family

Security Services never closed - we were on duty 24/7. We rotated 12 hour shifts with two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. The officers on our teams were our brothers/sisters. The college staff were happy to see us and often sought us out for advice and help. When I left, there was a large shift in management happening, but everyone seemed to take it in stride. Management was always easy to approach and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was having to investigate staff and act like nothing was happening. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the staff and students - when someone needed a vehicle boosted, when we helped someone locate a lost item, when we could mediate a dispute to the satisfaction of all involved - those were the most enjoyable parts of the job.

Pros

We could bank our stat (Federal) holidays to use with vacation; sick time; excellent benefits

Cons

12 hour rotating shifts were hard

Great place for students

Great place to get extra money and go to school. Relaxed and not so stressfull place to work at. Good management.

Pros

manageable

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Red River College?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2