Red River College

Red River College Management reviews

Clear

Nice place

Management was responsive and open. Workers were great and can consider them life long friends. No complaints except would rather have been busier....

Pros

Great guys

Cons

No parking on downtown campus

supportive management, meaningful work

In this role, with the support and guidance of the Dean, Program Mgr and 2 instructors, we built a complex and innovative program from the ground up. Individual professional expertise was valued which streamlined the teamwork and activities. Within this team, the goals were clearly about optimal service delivery of a meaningful education. Emphasis was consistently placed on how College staff could improve and enhance cohort learning. Our team cared about each other, the work we were doing and the students we were working with.

Pros

Management was supportive open to feedback

Cons

did not have a designated office space

Stressful and no job security

While the rate of pay (for an instructor) might seem quite high, with the amount of preparation required, it actually ends up being considerably lower than it first appears. Management is quite ruthless; ordinary employees are apparently seen as expendable assets. The union only really protects those with permanent contracts and seniority.

Business Analyst Student

Online student working towards a certified business analyst position. Focused on organizational change management and agile and waterfall methodology.

Great place to work. Stimulating environment, autonomy. Work life balance, pay is fair, benefits are good. Colleagues are great. Management is supportive and provide opportunities.

Stressful Management System "A Devil Place to Work"

Toxic human resources management - no autonomy for speaking up for yourself or no engagement of implementing improve relations Very Toxic - once they don't like your advice - immediately your on their list of termination

Productive and a Fun Workplace

Amazing management with a lot of things to learn and an excellent example of diversity. The most enjoyable part was its fast-paced environment with great and always supportive coworkers.

Business School is a terrible place to work !

Poor planning , poor scheduling, poor understanding of engagement ! Just an awful place to work ! You get the feeling that the profs there couldn't hack it in the real world so they teach. Administration constantly puts unqualified instructors in classes that they don't know how to teach! Students beware !

Pros

Time off

Cons

Poor leadership

Productive and always moving

Our day typically went as follows: 1. Arrive before 8 2. Meet to discuss what was done and needs to be done 3. Develop what needs to be finished by the day 4. Find anything that needs improving on and either improve it or keep it to talk about in next standup meeting 5. Go home at 4 or later There was something to do everyday and progress advanced fairly quickly. Management was always on point and made sure that everything is kept under control.

Pros

Good management and work pace

Cons

It was a Project term

Dynamic environment

I really enjoyed the environment under my first direct supervisor. However, a change in upper management led to a new direction and it became increasingly difficult to perform the job for which I was hired. My new supervisor did not appreciate advice or suggestions and I became increasingly isolated and eventually, my position was eliminated.

nice place to work

supportive for new idea innovative good benefits nice office space nice classrooms good students lovely courses lots of opportunities to do new things

Pros

support

Cons

management

Toxic Environment

Bad management combined with leadership that doesn't want to do anything about it has created a toxic work environment. Current executive has created a culture of fear.

An awesome place to work

Red River College is the best place I ever worked in my life. Management was awesome. Everybody was so friendly and always ready to help. I learned something new every minute.

Culture Change

Overall, the college does have a reasonable working environment and culture. That said, it has changed over a past few years...it may be view good by others and may also be viewed negatively by those who have been there for a long time.

Great Place to work, Got a chance to learn a lot of new stuff

I love working as a student ambassador. It gives a chance to meet new people. The job is not stressful at all. Management is great and truly cares about the way I feel about my work. We have a diverse culture which makes the job more fun and attractive.

Very informative training

Listen and learn to instructors and participate and complete all projects assigned. In my time here, I learned a great deal about time management as there were a lot of assignment to complete in a short period of time.

Rrcc

This is where I obtained my education, so technically not a job. However I was impressed with the course content and many of the teachers. The lower scores for Salary/Job culture are based on my limited knowledge of those. RRCC has a good reputation though and I'm confident they treat their employees well.

Great Organization

Have spent my entire career teaching at Red River. Love the students, the staff and especially the work. I have instructed and designed courses in Human Resources Management for both Distance and Continuing Education.

Pros

Flexibility, Autonomy

Cons

Part time, no benefits

An interesting place.

The work would start, at about 06:30 or 18:30. Depending on shift. It was basically review the previous shifts activity. At the end of shift, you would let the on coming shift know of any issues or activity. As a casual there is little room to move. Lots of hours. But theses hours drop off. Management, was some what friendly. But they where always looking for ways to make life a bit harder for employees.

Pros

Possible cheaper education

Cons

Little or no advancement for a casual.

Large Campus Staff Felt Like Close Family

Security Services never closed - we were on duty 24/7. We rotated 12 hour shifts with two weeks on days and two weeks on nights. The officers on our teams were our brothers/sisters. The college staff were happy to see us and often sought us out for advice and help. When I left, there was a large shift in management happening, but everyone seemed to take it in stride. Management was always easy to approach and open to suggestions. The hardest part of the job was having to investigate staff and act like nothing was happening. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the staff and students - when someone needed a vehicle boosted, when we helped someone locate a lost item, when we could mediate a dispute to the satisfaction of all involved - those were the most enjoyable parts of the job.

Pros

We could bank our stat (Federal) holidays to use with vacation; sick time; excellent benefits

Cons

12 hour rotating shifts were hard

With a focus to improving people's lives through education, all employees go the extra mile to get the job done with high levels of quality.

The complexity and variety of work required on a daily basis makes working at RRC both rewarding and challenging. The quality and commitment of co-workers enhance the rewards.

Pros

Flexible work schedules and management support.

Cons

Potential for working long hours depending on level of commitment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2