Red River College

Red River College Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.9Job security & advancement

Great place for a disabled person to work

As a disabled person, I was very impressed with how HR, and other staff helped make my work suitable for my disabilities. Also, when I was offered the position at RRC, the starting salary was almost double what I was earning at the job in the private sector.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stress

It is a good starting place to get volunteered

You have many opportunities to talk to different people from all around the world, and know about different cultures. You can learn from people, get help from people, such as soft skills, seminars, and workshops. As well as have the chance to talk to the leaders of various instudries.

Productive work style

Just need to know the rules of working in a school environment Need some training before you apply as this place is for professionals It is fun after you are accustomed to the aurroundings

Very good working experience in an academic setting. You get to learn a lot of new things everyday. A lot of interaction with co-workers and students which help you grow.

Great place to work. Stimulating environment, autonomy. Work life balance, pay is fair, benefits are good. Colleagues are great. Management is supportive and provide opportunities.

Productive and fun place to work at with very good benefits

Self-development is just one of the best benefits here. Salary is okay for a Winnipeg job. Workplace is awesome with all the experienced and good mentors around.

Excellent work environment

Great place to start off a career with excellent opportunity to learn. However, this can be very monotonous after awhile as there is very little chances of career advancement within departments, etc.

I learned a lot

They teach the basics and start you off trying to achieve high standards. I wish they had gone over how things are in industry more, how to make larger quantity recipes and emphasized speed more.

Day

• Active, energetic, responsible with good communications skills • Responsible for the general promotion of the products and sold all the products of the store • Provided customer care service through telephone inquiries

Not impressed

I worked for Red River College as a term employee for 5 years, I was released from my term just before I reached the mark of becoming full time. This year they decided to terminate my term post two new term jobs, I got and went through the interview process and was told I did not meet the point criteria for the position so they went and hired two external applicants over the person who dedicated his time to better the college grounds for 5 years. A person who is qualified and is already familiar with all aspect of the job. I was told I would get employment over and over and it never happened. My performance at the college was more than exceptional and I strived for better all the time. I am not happy with the way I was treated at Red River College.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Red River College?

Friendly and professional enviroment

I have had a lot of chance to practice as well as improve my laboratory knowledge The instructors are friendly and welcome to help individual students

Pros

comfortable place

Cons

Need more entertainment equipment such as guitar room, etec..

Dynamic environment

I really enjoyed the environment under my first direct supervisor. However, a change in upper management led to a new direction and it became increasingly difficult to perform the job for which I was hired. My new supervisor did not appreciate advice or suggestions and I became increasingly isolated and eventually, my position was eliminated.

people are very friendly and caring

Just start the part-time position. Not everything is happening as expected yet. Waiting to see more opportunity in the future. Will have a more clear review after 1year.

Pros

nice working environment

Cons

benefit package is not very good for temporary employee.

Contractual work

Worked directly with students, instructors and other connecting agencies that worked with each student. On progress and inputting grades on transcripts.

Pros

Diverse culture

Cons

No chance of being hired after contract ends

good experience for students

Red river college cafeteria is a very good experience for the beginners who just started in the culinary field, before they go out in the industry. A comparatively decent pay, with lots to learn.

Learning environment, teaching is fun when audiencce or students catch up informations.

It is a very good place to work as everyday is new with new topics to discuss and transfer to the students. The Colleague discussion also demands to know everything that one talks about and hence a good motivation to know and master what we discuss. specially if the audience are from outside the college, preparing to make the information understandable by non-student audience is a great motivation. As the payment is also competitive, it is good to focus on the job rather than complaining and demanding to raise and related things.

Pros

Always new, good to transfer knowledge, learn from students and colleague, learn from research results whether negative or positive, always busy of something new.

Cons

students level of understanding differ, deal with every student until they know the subject.

Good working environment

They have a good, competitive working environment which helps to increase the skills and knowledge of the person. Seniors are always in the support of junior which increase the confidence and gives the motivation.

Good experience for students

Working as a student research clerk, I would say that my experience was very enriching and fulfilling. We had the chance to work flexible hours at home and on-campus which was great for receiving feedback about our work.

Pros

Good experience, great learning opportunity

Cons

short-term

it's ok

I was a student at red river. I was taking a machining course but it wasn't for me so I have changes paths and am currently looking for employment. That is all.

needs work

The lead of the athletic department was never really in tune with his athletes. It was more about his growth career wise then it was about the programs and sporting events getting better. As a specialized job the pay was not congruent to what was needed for athletes at the college and the facilities and equipment are far outdated. Red river has the student base and technology to be a front runner in academics and athletics but puts very little value in growing at this point.

Rrcc

This is where I obtained my education, so technically not a job. However I was impressed with the course content and many of the teachers. The lower scores for Salary/Job culture are based on my limited knowledge of those. RRCC has a good reputation though and I'm confident they treat their employees well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2