Red River College

Red River College Employee Reviews

Rewarding place to work with a great professional learning community.

Sad to leave this job but personal change was necessary. Miss it dearly. I will be hard pressed to find such collaborative faculty team. We really valued each other’s strengths so working toward program goals was not only fruitful, but fun!

Pros

Amazing learning community and a few free lunches!

Cons

Long hours of marking

I was terminated for not being tested/vaccinated

I was terminated for the above, but because I was not able to gain access to the college, the college took the position I abandoned my position. The colleges' "progressive" policies are nothing but empty PC platitudes and aligns nicely with and ever increasing communist country. The upper management are demonic.

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Reeducation using ultra PC and cultural Marxist ideologies.

Nice place

Management was responsive and open. Workers were great and can consider them life long friends. No complaints except would rather have been busier....

Pros

Great guys

Cons

No parking on downtown campus

supportive management, meaningful work

In this role, with the support and guidance of the Dean, Program Mgr and 2 instructors, we built a complex and innovative program from the ground up. Individual professional expertise was valued which streamlined the teamwork and activities. Within this team, the goals were clearly about optimal service delivery of a meaningful education. Emphasis was consistently placed on how College staff could improve and enhance cohort learning. Our team cared about each other, the work we were doing and the students we were working with.

Pros

Management was supportive open to feedback

Cons

did not have a designated office space

Great place for a disabled person to work

As a disabled person, I was very impressed with how HR, and other staff helped make my work suitable for my disabilities. Also, when I was offered the position at RRC, the starting salary was almost double what I was earning at the job in the private sector.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Stress

Stressful and no job security

While the rate of pay (for an instructor) might seem quite high, with the amount of preparation required, it actually ends up being considerably lower than it first appears. Management is quite ruthless; ordinary employees are apparently seen as expendable assets. The union only really protects those with permanent contracts and seniority.

Very collaborative environement

As I entered into my second year of Business Administration, I specialized in Marketing. I loved the team commodity and open cohesive environment! If you're looking to buy into identity, Red River College Business Program is the perfect place to start. Everything you learn can be used merely as a tool in the pursuit of betterment.

Intercultural mentor

Being with a partner of different culture, spending time together and knowing more about them was the key to this experience. I improved my communication skills in this manner as well.

It is a good starting place to get volunteered

You have many opportunities to talk to different people from all around the world, and know about different cultures. You can learn from people, get help from people, such as soft skills, seminars, and workshops. As well as have the chance to talk to the leaders of various instudries.

Productive work style

Just need to know the rules of working in a school environment Need some training before you apply as this place is for professionals It is fun after you are accustomed to the aurroundings

Very good working experience in an academic setting. You get to learn a lot of new things everyday. A lot of interaction with co-workers and students which help you grow.

Business Analyst Student

Online student working towards a certified business analyst position. Focused on organizational change management and agile and waterfall methodology.

Its been a good experience working with Red river college, it increased my skills ,with good trainings , where healthy safety on people is observed

Red river college is the place to be for those who in it. I ever worked in Red river college in shipping and receiving in mail room dealing with all deliveries and dasher ,est canada post warehouse and it was a fun, very nice United team player.work and life balance and place where everyone knows his responsibility

I was freely given the opportunity.

I was asked to take this job and it was for 2 weeks only, 8 hours a day. I had lots of fun with the campers and enjoyed meeting some new people. And I would be more than willing to do it again.

Great place to work. Stimulating environment, autonomy. Work life balance, pay is fair, benefits are good. Colleagues are great. Management is supportive and provide opportunities.

Done

Done. Had a variety of job responsibilities. Interacting with other departments, staff, and students. Did course and exam planning. Counselled students. Taught courses.

Stressful Management System "A Devil Place to Work"

Toxic human resources management - no autonomy for speaking up for yourself or no engagement of implementing improve relations Very Toxic - once they don't like your advice - immediately your on their list of termination

Productive and a Fun Workplace

Amazing management with a lot of things to learn and an excellent example of diversity. The most enjoyable part was its fast-paced environment with great and always supportive coworkers.

Productive and fun place to work at with very good benefits

Self-development is just one of the best benefits here. Salary is okay for a Winnipeg job. Workplace is awesome with all the experienced and good mentors around.

Excellent work environment

Great place to start off a career with excellent opportunity to learn. However, this can be very monotonous after awhile as there is very little chances of career advancement within departments, etc.

A great place to work

Pleasant work place atmosphere.I would go back there in a heart beat. Diversity is respected. It is very easy to engage with college community and achieve self actualization.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2