Red River College Employee Reviews

Not impressed
Grounds maintenance (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 May 2019
I worked for Red River College as a term employee for 5 years, I was released from my term just before I reached the mark of becoming full time.
This year they decided to terminate my term post two new term jobs, I got and went through the interview process and was told I did not meet the point criteria for the position so they went and hired two external applicants over the person who dedicated his time to better the college grounds for 5 years. A person who is qualified and is already familiar with all aspect of the job.

I was told I would get employment over and over and it never happened. My performance at the college was more than exceptional and I strived for better all the time.

I am not happy with the way I was treated at Red River College.
Friendly and professional enviroment
Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 May 2019
I have had a lot of chance to practice as well as improve my laboratory knowledge
The instructors are friendly and welcome to help individual students
Pros
comfortable place
Cons
Need more entertainment equipment such as guitar room, etec..
Business School is a terrible place to work !
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2019
Poor planning , poor scheduling, poor understanding of engagement ! Just an awful place to work ! You get the feeling that the profs there couldn't hack it in the real world so they teach.

Administration constantly puts unqualified instructors in classes that they don't know how to teach!

Students beware !
Pros
Time off
Cons
Poor leadership
Productive and always moving
Unreal Script programmer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 February 2019
Our day typically went as follows:
1. Arrive before 8
2. Meet to discuss what was done and needs to be done
3. Develop what needs to be finished by the day
4. Find anything that needs improving on and either improve it or keep it to talk about in next standup meeting
5. Go home at 4 or later

There was something to do everyday and progress advanced fairly quickly. Management was always on point and made sure that everything is kept under control.
Pros
Good management and work pace
Cons
It was a Project term
Rrc
Educational Assistant (Former Employee) –  160 Princess21 January 2019
Great place to work. If you're looking to teach and grow people in tech, this is a great place to work. Fullfilling, decent pay and good people to work with.
Dynamic environment
Labour Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 January 2019
I really enjoyed the environment under my first direct supervisor. However, a change in upper management led to a new direction and it became increasingly difficult to perform the job for which I was hired. My new supervisor did not appreciate advice or suggestions and I became increasingly isolated and eventually, my position was eliminated.
people are very friendly and caring
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 December 2018
Just start the part-time position. Not everything is happening as expected yet. Waiting to see more opportunity in the future. Will have a more clear review after 1year.
Pros
nice working environment
Cons
benefit package is not very good for temporary employee.
Contractual work
Student Records Officer - Term (Former Employee) –  Notre-Dame, NB5 November 2018
Worked directly with students, instructors and other connecting agencies that worked with each student. On progress and inputting grades on transcripts.
Pros
Diverse culture
Cons
No chance of being hired after contract ends
O Departamente de Pesquisa Aplicada oferece boas oportunidades a estudantes
Assistente de Pesquisa (Former Employee) –  Manitoba3 November 2018
Bom trabalho que envolveu pesquisa e entrosamento com empresários para escolher um tipo de produto a ser selecionado pela empresa cliente.
nice place to work
nice office space
nice classrooms
good students
lovely courses
lots of opportunities to do new things
Pros
support
Cons
management
Excellent part time job
Adult Distance Education Instructor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB23 August 2018
Excellent part time job for a full time person. Distance Education is an excellent program not only for students as well for instructors. This was an excellent experience.
Toxic Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Manitoba10 July 2018
Bad management combined with leadership that doesn't want to do anything about it has created a toxic work environment. Current executive has created a culture of fear.
An awesome place to work
Technical Support Intern (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 April 2018
Red River College is the best place I ever worked in my life. Management was awesome. Everybody was so friendly and always ready to help. I learned something new every minute.
Perfect place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 March 2018
Amazing Experience working at Red River College! Great office dynamic, very friendly co-workers!
Great wages with helpful training.
definitely a good place to work
good experience for students
Line cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 March 2018
Red river college cafeteria is a very good experience for the beginners who just started in the culinary field, before they go out in the industry. A comparatively decent pay, with lots to learn.
Culture Change
Manager, Accounts Receivable & Collections (Current Employee) –  Manitoba24 February 2018
Overall, the college does have a reasonable working environment and culture. That said, it has changed over a past few years...it may be view good by others and may also be viewed negatively by those who have been there for a long time.
Great Place to work, Got a chance to learn a lot of new stuff
STUDENT AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 February 2018
I love working as a student ambassador. It gives a chance to meet new people. The job is not stressful at all. Management is great and truly cares about the way I feel about my work. We have a diverse culture which makes the job more fun and attractive.
Learning environment, teaching is fun when audiencce or students catch up informations.
Mechani Design Instructor, MET Students (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2018
It is a very good place to work as everyday is new with new topics to discuss and transfer to the students. The Colleague discussion also demands to know everything that one talks about and hence a good motivation to know and master what we discuss. specially if the audience are from outside the college, preparing to make the information understandable by non-student audience is a great motivation.

As the payment is also competitive, it is good to focus on the job rather than complaining and demanding to raise and related things.
Pros
Always new, good to transfer knowledge, learn from students and colleague, learn from research results whether negative or positive, always busy of something new.
Cons
students level of understanding differ, deal with every student until they know the subject.
Multi cultural place
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 January 2018
It is a good place to work. I tutor 3 students on mathematics and statics. I had rapport relationship with staff members and students i helped as well.
Pros
help people succeeded
Cons
short hours
The most enjoyable part of the job
Peer Tutor for Programming and Mathematics (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 December 2017
Teaching someone and giving back to the society has always been my dream. With this opportunity I was able to fulfill that dream and teaching a person how to code always brings a smile on face.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red River College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2