Red River College

Red River College Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
As I entered into my second year of Business Administration, I specialized in Marketing. I loved the team commodity and open cohesive environment! If you're looking to buy into identity, Red River College Business Program is the perfect place to start. Everything you learn can be used merely as a tool in the pursuit of betterment.
While the rate of pay (for an instructor) might seem quite high, with the amount of preparation required, it actually ends up being considerably lower than it first appears.
Management is quite ruthless; ordinary employees are apparently seen as expendable assets. The union only really protects those with permanent contracts and seniority.
Being with a partner of different culture, spending time together and knowing more about them was the key to this experience. I improved my communication skills in this manner as well.
You have many opportunities to talk to different people from all around the world, and know about different cultures. You can learn from people, get help from people, such as soft skills, seminars, and workshops. As well as have the chance to talk to the leaders of various instudries.
Just need to know the rules of working in a school environment
Need some training before you apply as this place is for professionals

It is fun after you are accustomed to the aurroundings
Very good working experience in an academic setting. You get to learn a lot of new things everyday. A lot of interaction with co-workers and students which help you grow.
Online student working towards a certified business analyst position. Focused on organizational change management and agile and waterfall methodology.
Red river college is the place to be for those who in it. I ever worked in Red river college in shipping and receiving in mail room dealing with all deliveries and dasher ,est canada post warehouse and it was a fun, very nice United team player.work and life balance and place where everyone knows his responsibility
I was asked to take this job and it was for 2 weeks only, 8 hours a day. I had lots of fun with the campers and enjoyed meeting some new people. And I would be more than willing to do it again.
Great place to work. Stimulating environment, autonomy. Work life balance, pay is fair, benefits are good. Colleagues are great. Management is supportive and provide opportunities.
Done. Had a variety of job responsibilities. Interacting with other departments, staff, and students. Did course and exam planning. Counselled students. Taught courses.
Toxic human resources management - no autonomy for speaking up for yourself or no engagement of implementing improve relations

Very Toxic - once they don't like your advice - immediately your on their list of termination
Amazing management with a lot of things to learn and an excellent example of diversity. The most enjoyable part was its fast-paced environment with great and always supportive coworkers.
Self-development is just one of the best benefits here. Salary is okay for a Winnipeg job. Workplace is awesome with all the experienced and good mentors around.
Great place to start off a career with excellent opportunity to learn. However, this can be very monotonous after awhile as there is very little chances of career advancement within departments, etc.
Pleasant work place atmosphere.I would go back there in a heart beat. Diversity is respected. It is very easy to engage with college community and achieve self actualization.
They teach the basics and start you off trying to achieve high standards. I wish they had gone over how things are in industry more, how to make larger quantity recipes and emphasized speed more.
• Active, energetic, responsible with good communications skills
• Responsible for the general promotion of the products and sold all the products of the store

• Provided customer care service through telephone inquiries
I worked for Red River College as a term employee for 5 years, I was released from my term just before I reached the mark of becoming full time.
This year they decided to terminate my term post two new term jobs, I got and went through the interview process and was told I did not meet the point criteria for the position so they went and hired two external applicants over the person who dedicated his time to better the college grounds for 5 years. A person who is qualified and is already familiar with all aspect of the job.

I was told I would get employment over and over and it never happened. My performance at the college was more than exceptional and I strived for better all the time.

I am not happy with the way I was treated at Red River College.
I have had a lot of chance to practice as well as improve my laboratory knowledge
The instructors are friendly and welcome to help individual students
Pros
comfortable place
Cons
Need more entertainment equipment such as guitar room, etec..
Poor planning , poor scheduling, poor understanding of engagement ! Just an awful place to work ! You get the feeling that the profs there couldn't hack it in the real world so they teach.

Administration constantly puts unqualified instructors in classes that they don't know how to teach!

Students beware !
Pros
Time off
Cons
Poor leadership