Red River co-op

Red River co-op Employee Reviews

I work here right now, it’s been just a basic stock job, no complaints other than wage and management could be better but nothing horrible, it’ll get me through the next while.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management
Seems like a great place to work at first but you soon find out that management does not take suggestions, are very secretive and there is no room for advancement.
Pros
Mediocre pension.
Cons
Pay is not great.
Work at a gas bar for several months we have a very very high turn over rate most employees don’t last long there find myself doing more work cause other employees drag there feet no room for advancement at all family gets sick and you take a day off and your threatened by either having hours taken away or sent home some customers threaten to injure staff and instead of calling the police management says to just ignore them even tho there holding a steak knife in there hands
Pros
Free slurpees and hot coffee benefits after 4 months
Cons
Shifts never the same, rude management hours change on a dime pour work home life
I had worked at the red river coop twice. The first time I worked there I was a supervisor. The previous owner was very helpful and a very kind woman! I am greatly appreciative for having the opportunity to work for her. Working during the winter was cold and tiring and busy but with the great help from the employees as a team, we got through the daily rush with ease. I would highly recommend this company as a great place to work!!
Pros
good friendly environment
Cons
I had lots of fun working for them, i learned alot about cars and loved being in a steadily paced environment, i liked being outside and interacting with the customers!
Pros
Good tips, free coffee, good bosses
Cons
Long days, occasionally rude customers (like any job)
As the manager the expectations are unrealistic. To finish all expected in a day, you are working super long days. Doesn’t leave much for a family life.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Too many hours
Great job, and great company, however starting wage is nowhere near survivable, and if someone in head office frowns upon you say goodbye to your job.
Cons
Head office is too political
Pros do not outweigh the cons of working here. No room for advancement. Conflict is not dealt with even if it is brought to management's attention multiple times. Communication is terrible.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressful work environment
Working at the Red river co-op gas bar. The work is easy and simple nothing to complicated. But its super busy most of the time and understaffed, the co workers are great but other then that the job is terrible. Little to no pay and no real benefits, We are covered up to 700$ a year for medical we have no dental coverage but medical can be used for dental but that's still terrible coverage. Head office people do not care about there employees at all and there is no room for advancement. It's a terrible company to work for do not work here, little to no pay company's treats there employees like trash and its understaffed and no real benefits or advancement opportunities. Went through 3 mangers 1st one keep borrowing money for his gambling addiction 2nd manager was actually really good and care about there employees and current one is alright...
Pros
Easy simple work
Cons
Everything else
i worked as opening need to prepare all things needed for the gas bar and at the pump, greet each customers ask what can i do for them and if work as a closing schedules same thing i do all preparations to keep and shutting down all pumps to secure.
The workspace was generally very good, management was always friendly. The work flow is inconsistent and will sometimes have long boring shifts where nothing happens but if you have good coworkers the time tends to pass more quickly.
This job is easy enough physically, customers can be nice but generally are impatient, abrupt, and misinformed. Co-workers seem trapped and unhappy. No chance of earning more than minimum wage and is nearly impossible to get 40 hrs a week
Not paid well, unless you are in management. Management is not trained properly and work less than employees which work three times as hard as they do. The environment is fine. Overall this job is ok, and I recommend it if you need something temporarily to get by
city drivers works for owner operators, some o/o are good and some nut jobs and Co-op knows this and won't due anything about it. Co-op could employ their own drivers for city delivery. Poor overall management, how can you have a manager who's never driven a truck for a living, running the transportation dept.
Pros
no pros
Cons
management
Hate the managers all clueless people who like to throw money away The store manager is a fake, narcissist who doesn’t know how to run the store properly, the deli manager is a clueless old bag who doesn’t know how to read keys only customers and employees
Pros
Non
Cons
It's a good company to work for as a whole to gain experience, but the store I worked at lacks management skills which has made the atmosphere not a pleasant one to work in.
Co-op and Safeway were great places to work , I was busy from when I got there in the morning until I left for the day . I was receiving and shipping every day plus dairy relief plus working and organizing the drink aisle , and back room . Worked the reline of the store including building and tearing down of aisles , store repairs , from hanging pictures and banners to rewiring things
The people at Co-op were definitely the best part. Made many friends and customers were usually very polite and courteous. However, management wasn't great.
Seems to be a problem with keeping management longer than a few years. Usually not enough available employees and have to switch between departments in order to get hours.
Pros
Flexible scheduling depending on number of employees and leniency of managers.
Cons
Irregular hours
Worked at one of grocery stores for two years on the night shift. Between a schedule that changed every week and would sometimes change when i was on days off, ( It was of course my fault that no one told me about it while i was away.) Supervisors that would threaten to fire me for so much as asking questions about the job, when i was still new or when the store changed layout. The main store management however was the worst, refusing to respond to calls, disregarding reports of abusive coworker behavior as "That's just how they are" and "Oh no one else says they act like that" and the worst of all was refusing to give out proper dental and other unionized benefits your entitled to after 3 months. Which meant i was never able to properly receive the information to use such benefits. Overall the company is too busy trying to preen itself like a bird to look better on the outside than safeway, but the core is rotten something awful.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Abusive and unresponsive management. False benefits Promises. Constant Threats.
One of the best work environments I have had, CO-OP has a pleasant and camaraderie feel to the work environment, with more focus on customer assistance, promoting local businesses and providers, and assisting the community and its people, than in almost all the other places I have worked. Being unionized, even part time staff get partial benefits, above minimum wage, and paid vacation time. Lower sales pressure than many stores, there is some up-selling, however the items being up-sold often have a portion of their profits assisting local charities, like our socks for Siloam or our savings for schools coupon sheets. Generally a good homegrown feel for a store that (while still a profit making business) tries to help out where they can.
Pros
Union pay amounts, benefits, community and local focus, low pressure atmosphere, charity support, local business support, customer orientated.
Cons
Widely varying schedules, average to lower pay, stores may be under renovations, room for advancement may mean transferring departments stores or cities.