Red Lobster Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 39 reviews matching the search See all 5,635 reviews
fun staff but poor management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2019
poor management
no staff
hard time for everyone
judge by looks
no tips
no big pay
too much work
same thing over and over
no free lunch
don't apply it's basically fake show from the company
Pros
n/a pros
Cons
no tips and no big pay every year poor management short staff
At least the people are cool
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2019
The work is extremely repetitive and tiresome, you don't get paid much, you don't get tips as kitchen staff. But they understand availability needs, and they work around personal life needs.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
No tips in kitchen
Staff were amazing, pay not worth the amount of work
Line Cook/Utility (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 March 2019
Staff were amazing, pay not worth the amount of work. Making the same as you would at McDonalds does not provide enough initiative to work the many cooking stations at RL.
Loved this job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 February 2019
I loved working this job, the hours were great and the management was very strong. It was never an issue to get time off and the management was very respectful of availability and made appropriate schedules. I was young compared to the rest of the workers as I started working there at only 16 but everyone was super nice and it was always a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job was when it would get very busy and customers would get frustrated with you because there would be a few hosts standing around and no one being seated but the management would always help if any situations got out of hand. The best part of the job was definitely the work environment, it was just such a fun place to work and it was very sad to leave.
Pros
employee discount was 50%, respectful of availability, good training, fair work assignments, good pay
Cons
hard to work full time hours (the shifts were short), usually not granted the optional breaks so a long time standing on your feet
not worth it
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
if you want to make real money this job is not the place to go too. for 15$/hr this place is not something i would do ever again there are plenty jobs that pay more
Fun work environment
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Very busy restaurant focused at customer satisfaction. Great people, great company to work with. Management team is amazing, always supportive and motivating.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Quite well
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2018
I always tried my best and my managers were always understanding, it was an enjoyable place to work. I learned to manage my time and master my skills to provide for the guests and was praised for when they brought it forward to my managers.
good job
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
it is a good place to work , it is always busy and you make decent money as a server. The people are all pretty easy to get along with. shifts can also be long.
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2018
Friendly environment and very good place to work. Staff was very fun and the hours were quite flexible around my schedule. Tips were decent andsalary was pretty good.
Coworkers Great; Can be high Stress
SERVER/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2018
The typical employee is great to work with; a bit of drama between some staff members

Management fluctuates between great and awful. (4 different managers)

hardest part of job is not knowing when you work next; scheduling is posted on thurs-fri for the next monday. less than a weeks notice
Pros
discounted food; flexible hours
Cons
sometimes get little to no hours; scheduling posted per week; some drama
Bit of a rollercoaster
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
The location I worked at had serious management issues as one year they went through 36 different managers throughout the year. Once they settled on a management team, things became much better. The staff was all very friendly, easy to get along with. Managers will mostly all willing to get in there and get their hands dirty during peak hours or if a staff was in the weeds. They sure do love their split shifts though.

The benefits were fantastic, probably the best I've had with any company (this WAS a long time ago though). Overall it was a great place to work, hence why I was there off and on for over 15 years. Managers make or break a team...
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Tough to find a good management team, split shifts
fast paced, great people,family atmosphere
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2018
Very structured organization. Being consistent with your service in every way possible was always the goal. Straight forward rules, strictly followed sanitation standards. Good benefits. Free meals on days I work. Great menu. Always excited for new entrees.The most enjoyable part is the great people you met both crew and guests.The hardest part was the ever changing schedule making it difficult to make plans.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
long hours, often 9 or 10 day stretches
I have done fry saute and prep grill quaterback at this job, i hv done utility as well
Cook, utility, prep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 January 2018
This job has awesome environmental support everyone is awesome and accepting. I also love the hours they gave me. As i am student they also gavr me flexible hours.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Very fun place to work at
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Work with a lot of great staff and you get along with them just fine. Very busy place to work which is good keeps you on your feet all day. Everyday learning with both team members and management
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Too much politics
dont work here if you dont want o
Dishwasher/Utility (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
unless you plan on becoming a chef or joining the industry dont work here. its is a very stingy company that dosent spend its money on there best product.
Pros
tips
Cons
everything
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON25 July 2017
Fun place to work, the hours are good for a restaurant you wont be there to late compared to other competitors. Management can be moody and sometimes you can not talk to them.
Pros
Good Tips
Cons
Lunch shifts
working as a dishwasher
Utility / Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2017
Hardest part of the job: mangers were rude,Staff were not coming in on their time of work start, didn't give the staff the right amount of hours that they promise us.
Pros
50% off food when working.
Cons
20% off food when not working
Server/Bartender/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Evansville, In18 February 2017
Was almost always busy, made good money consistently. Typically section/sidework resposibilities. Great management, and advancement opportunities.
Pros
Employee discount, flexible schedule
Cons
Could only take 3 tables at a time
An overall acceptable and hard working part time job
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 January 2017
I enjoyed working at this place, but the workload is just too much for me to handle, because this place is always busy and my salary pay is very poor compared to the amount of work I do for this company.
Pros
Alot of Hours
Cons
Very busy and stressful Workspace/ Poor salary pay for that much work effort
Good
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 November 2016
good communication with colleagues always working as a team

great place to work long hours Dishewashers assistant cook good waiters tips ...

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K