Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 158 reviews matching the search See all 4,719 reviews
It was ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 August 2018
It was ok outher then mold in the fridge and freezer and all the safty and health perceptions is a bit too much the food is all pre done and tossed in the over or microwave
Pros
Benifets
Cons
No hrs
Wonderful place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 August 2018
I am currently a Server at Red Lobster, the typical day includes serving customers, taking/delivering drink and food orders, light housekeeping, rolling silverware.
This is easily one of the most enjoyable and rewarding jobs I have ever held. It can be a very busy place and sometimes the workload can be heavy but they have tons of online training to help and educate you along the way.
The management is wonderful, they genuinely care about their employees and all the staff is extremely helpful when you are starting out or ever feeling overwhelmed during meal rushes.
Very professional atmosphere but still very enjoyable, good balance.
Pros
Discounts, flexible hours, great staff and management
Cons
lots of information to learn at first, easy once you find your flow
Fun time
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 July 2018
The atmosphere is great if you get along with your co workers.
The place is fast paced and it can get really hectic at times. Sometimes, the atmosphere is tense.
Pros
People
Average Workplace
Line Cook, Alley Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 July 2018
Good people working together
Rough Work environment
Temperature always high - No working space
Management issues
Very long hours with no food
No tipout for Kitchen staff
Pros
No pros
good working enviorment
Culinary, Service and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON9 July 2018
long hour which had an effect on work life balance, great training for both managers and staff. was able to learn a lot about seafood. Good communication from head office
Poor Management
Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
One manager was good but the rest were horrible. Micro management at it's best. Could not believe the incompetency of a so called experienced manager. would not go back working there in a million year
Needs Improvement
Busboy (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 July 2018
Management of this company is very poor. The employees where difficult to relate to and understand. Employees were treated like a number and not taken seriously.
Lively place to work, great perks, amazing staff
Server (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON4 July 2018
I've only been working at Red Lobster for a month now but so far I am enjoying the work environment. The employees are all very polite and really good at their jobs. The managers are very helpful and understanding. I really enjoy the tips as they go directly to me at the end of each shift.
Pros
50% off before/after/during your shifts, 25% off when eating there with your family/friends
Cons
Never knowing when you'll be off because you work until you are cut
Long Hours on Feet
DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 July 2018
Long shifts on feet, very fast paced and organized chaos. Overall professional atmosphere and hard working staff. Up to health codes and friendly atmosphere for customers.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Lots of Overtime
A fun workplace, perfect for growth in the hospitality business.
Silver Polisher (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 June 2018
Red Lobster made every employee they had versatile, by training them in as may positions as possible. I am able to be a bartender, hostess, silver polisher and a serving assistant.
I learned to take orders, manage cash, make drinks and handle food.
I worked with fantastic, hardworking people. The managers were very understanding, especially of students.
The hardest part of the job was all the heavy lifting and the physical labor.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Physically tiring
Amazing coworkers and management
Server (Current Employee) –  Thornhill, ON5 June 2018
The team at red lobster is absolutely phenomenal, and this includes the management team as well. This is a great place to work for anyone who knows how to be a good team player and is a hard worker with customer service experience.
Bit of a rollercoaster
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB31 May 2018
The location I worked at had serious management issues as one year they went through 36 different managers throughout the year. Once they settled on a management team, things became much better. The staff was all very friendly, easy to get along with. Managers will mostly all willing to get in there and get their hands dirty during peak hours or if a staff was in the weeds. They sure do love their split shifts though.

The benefits were fantastic, probably the best I've had with any company (this WAS a long time ago though). Overall it was a great place to work, hence why I was there off and on for over 15 years. Managers make or break a team...
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Tough to find a good management team, split shifts
Very clean, well taken care of, friendly environment
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 May 2018
Working at Red Lobster is really fun, everyone is so nice and welcoming to new staff. It's a very clean restaurant, probably one of the cleanest I've seen. Management really knows what they're doing and are always very organized, they also make sure everything is running smoothly and help keep everyone happy.
Amazing co-workers
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2018
I’ve worked here for 7 years now. The tips are great, co-workers are the best of the best. Management leaves a lot to be desired. They will take away shifts as punishment for whatever they deem unacceptable. They go against their dress code in not allowing tattoos. We struggle to get shifts and they hire more people. They do whatever they can to improve the bottom line, despite employees needs/wants. If you can’t sell upgrades, you won’t get shifts. It’s frustrating, but the tips make it (just) bearable.
Pros
50% off food during shift
Cons
Inconsistent management
Hostess
Hostess and Server Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 April 2018
Working at Red Lobster was amazing, I started as a Hostess then a little after I was doing server assistant as while. Working with amazing colleagues and also having a great management team makes it an enjoyable environment.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
Amazing truly wonderful place to work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 April 2018
i have worked for red lobster for 4 years and not only have i grown up in that restaurant but my managers and staff have witnessed me grow from a high school student to almost a university graduate and have always been understanding and accommodating to all of my needs every step of the way. I am so lucky to be an employee there and for it to have been my first job was even more of a blessing. Not only is it a wonderful staff but our managers are kind and professional. Our managers ride the happy medium of being your friend and your superior and as an employee i really respect that. I Think i can speak on behalf of everyone at that restaurant when i say that we feel very safe in our value as an employee there and know that everyone has someone in the restaurant that they can confide in.

overall just a wonderful place to work!
Pros
staff community professionalism
Cons
not enough serving shifts
No friends at work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK11 April 2018
The only people you are only allowed to be friends with is your fellow managers. You are not allowed to be friends with team members outside work. Meaning you can't be friends on social media. No rides going home, no going out at bars or clubs and no going out with them on movies or having to eat out.
Pros
Free meals and bonuses
Cons
Longer hours and no team member and manager relationship outside work, you can't be friends with them.
Better place's to work but not bad
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 March 2018
Not a terrible place to work but very selective individuals. Very welcoming and great discounts but terrible hours. The worst part of the job was the managing staff but certain employees were very friendly.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2018
Great place to work, everyone is friendly and welcoming. If you are a host/hostess you get the opportunity to interact with EVERYONE whether it is a guest, server or a person in the kitchen.
Pros
the people
Cons
smelling like seafood after work
fast paced, great people,family atmosphere
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2018
Very structured organization. Being consistent with your service in every way possible was always the goal. Straight forward rules, strictly followed sanitation standards. Good benefits. Free meals on days I work. Great menu. Always excited for new entrees.The most enjoyable part is the great people you met both crew and guests.The hardest part was the ever changing schedule making it difficult to make plans.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
long hours, often 9 or 10 day stretches

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K