Red Lobster
Information from Red Lobster:

Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Canada230 reviews
Busy
Always busy so you make great tips. Stressful and management adds to that instead of helping to resolve issues. Took their benefits away from full time employees. Flexible enough as a part time job while in school or as a second income but not flexible about taking time off.
Decent Work Place
The pay is minimum wage starting off, so can't complain, the people you work with are wonderful, until they're caught in a bad move which is often. The management depends, when I was working there, there were some great managers and some horrible ones, one that made me cry while was rolling up cutlery because I wasn't doing it fast enough. Overall, it was a decent place to work, would recommend to others, but its nothing wonderful. The best perk of the job is the discount on food, but once you stop working there, you stop eating there because the food just isn't work it at full price. Also, if you're new, count on definitely working Christmas Eve, Boxing Day, New Years eve and New Years day, if you have a vacation planned, you have to book that time off over a year in advance otherwise there's no guarantee.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
bad managers, hardly no vacation
It's an excellent place to work
Depending on the position that you want to work it is an excellent place to work usually have to work up to become a server servers make very good money it's fun to work there and you're treated quite fairly
good place for beginner.
They have a really good management team and some employees are really good at teaching. really fast service, and work in a patience way to learn more and stay for long.
Super friendly work environment
Red lobster is a great first job or even fifth job, give you important life skills such as how to talk to people, also a super fair and friendly place to work at, won’t be disappointed.
An OK workplace if you don't stress easily
Overall, I think the job was fine even though it was very stressful and I couldn't keep up some days. However, management was very understanding as well as my coworkers and they were the ones that helped me throughout my time working there.
Management is great to work for. Very accommodating. Head office could work on improving somethings but they are getting to it. We have a new district manager who seems to be stepping up.
Pros
50 percent off food
Cons
not enough hours
Good company
Great place to work. Good company excellent team members. Long term worketd, best restaurant job I have had in my 20 years of service.
Company takes care of its employees
Pros
Great bonus, good learning
Fun and supportive workplace
Red Lobster is a great employer. They genuinely care about the well-being of their workers and management. It is a fast paced and supportive place to work; employees are very helpful and knowledgeable. This is a wonderful company to work for with lots of opportunities for advancement within the company.
Management is fair and understanding.
Managers are fair and I have learned a lot from them. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the fast-paced work environment. Everybody is friendly and I found it enjoyable to work there.
Balance
Company tries to maintain work life balance. Variety of shifts allowing for flexibility.
Team environment with mixture of full time, long term employees and part time students.
Great tips
Servers there are lifers. They are like a family. Teamwork is key.
Management has a low turnover as well.

Hours are manageable as it's not open early and only open til 10 on average.
Potential Growth and Job Security
The potential for growth within the company is very high possibility, and the success of the company reassures you that the company will be around for sometime. Performance of management can be a little relaxed and lacks much effort to be active and productive but is a warming environment with some issues with staff behaving poorly.
Great environment to work!
I love working at Red Lobster, my directors had been fundamentally suportive during my development. Our core values are the foundation of our daily operations and that is something we highly take pride of.
Fun and rewarding
Co-workers are great, management is easy going. Close-knit culture among the staff. Fairly good place to work than most restaurants I have worked at. Normal level of stress from the environment dduring busy times
Pros
Cons
Not enough scheds
Horrible management
Great staff . Terrible management . Lots of favouritism. No shifts, too over staffed , no loyalty to the staff who have been there for years. everyone is miserable . STAY AWAY.
Fun place to work at

Health care

Education assistance

Pension plan

Team work

Good management
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management at Calgary location is garbage
Cut you at 1.5 hours and have to leave by 2 hours. Do not pay you the 3 hours. Not legal. They hire too many staff as punishment and most of the staff besides the favourites go down to 1-2 shifts a week. The GM is not friendly, should not be in service industry. Other Red lobsters do not treat their employees like this.
Pros
Organized
Cons
No hours, unfair punishment
Working experience
It's very busy place, but not enough staff and not enough pay what we do at their. Very stressful work place I have ever seen it before. It's hard to work full time.
Great company to work for
Great atmosphere, job and work life balance, full benefits, pension plan, very good work culture, team management, fast paced environment, friendly environment and free food.
Excellent place to work
Excellent and fun place to work - doesn't change much other than the menu. Management is decent. Endless shrimp promotion is brutal but it doesn't last that long. Management is fair and positive - some favourites to long term employees