Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Amazing truly wonderful place to work
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON14 April 2018
i have worked for red lobster for 4 years and not only have i grown up in that restaurant but my managers and staff have witnessed me grow from a high school student to almost a university graduate and have always been understanding and accommodating to all of my needs every step of the way. I am so lucky to be an employee there and for it to have been my first job was even more of a blessing. Not only is it a wonderful staff but our managers are kind and professional. Our managers ride the happy medium of being your friend and your superior and as an employee i really respect that. I Think i can speak on behalf of everyone at that restaurant when i say that we feel very safe in our value as an employee there and know that everyone has someone in the restaurant that they can confide in.

overall just a wonderful place to work!
Pros
staff community professionalism
Cons
not enough serving shifts
Better place's to work but not bad
Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON11 March 2018
Not a terrible place to work but very selective individuals. Very welcoming and great discounts but terrible hours. The worst part of the job was the managing staff but certain employees were very friendly.
Productive and fun workplace
Hostess/Busser (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 March 2018
Great place to work, everyone is friendly and welcoming. If you are a host/hostess you get the opportunity to interact with EVERYONE whether it is a guest, server or a person in the kitchen.
Pros
the people
Cons
smelling like seafood after work
fast paced, great people,family atmosphere
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2018
Very structured organization. Being consistent with your service in every way possible was always the goal. Straight forward rules, strictly followed sanitation standards. Good benefits. Free meals on days I work. Great menu. Always excited for new entrees.The most enjoyable part is the great people you met both crew and guests.The hardest part was the ever changing schedule making it difficult to make plans.
Pros
free meals, benefits
Cons
long hours, often 9 or 10 day stretches
some people are nice but most of the especially the servers are rude
Host (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON12 February 2018
I dont get along with most of the staff but the management always acknowledge my skills so they give me more hours and always approve my requested offs.
Company is probably great
Utility/Line cook/Alley coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 February 2018
Worked long hours but that is expected. Management was very much about daily bottom line even if that meant making someone who opened close instead of bringing someone else on
Great.
Hostess/server assistant (Former Employee) –  North York, ON4 February 2018
Great place to work, management is super nice and flexible. Co Workers become family, super easy place to work at and you are trained well and with patience.
I have done fry saute and prep grill quaterback at this job, i hv done utility as well
Cook, utility, prep (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON31 January 2018
This job has awesome environmental support everyone is awesome and accepting. I also love the hours they gave me. As i am student they also gavr me flexible hours.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
the hardest part of the job :
Line Cook/Dishwasher/Baker (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON28 January 2018
Having to deal with cost cutting, management taking away workers that work a specific job but we were expected to just do that job on top of our own. i was injured at work and was verbally assaulted by the General Manager. I had to quit my job, in turn i went home and notified the labor board. I suggest you only go there to eat seafood, its a terrible place to work.
Pros
the employees stick together
Cons
long hours, severely over worked
My work experience at Red Lobster Restaurant.
Hostess, Line-Cook, Prep, Alley (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 January 2018
At Red Lobster Restaurant I worked in many positions because I wanted to gain the experience. But, my favorite position was hosting, because I enjoy being able to talk to people. My managers were very helpful and professional which lead me to enjoy working even more. My co-workers were friendly and outgoing, which I loved because it made going to work everyday more enjoyable. My working environment was clean, safe, and professional. The hardest part of the job for me was early shifts, waking up at 5:30 am in the morning to get ready for work, but everything else was enjoyable.

Want to know more about Red Lobster?

Ask a question
Very fun place to work at
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 December 2017
Work with a lot of great staff and you get along with them just fine. Very busy place to work which is good keeps you on your feet all day. Everyday learning with both team members and management
Pros
Great benefits, great people
Cons
Too much politics
A nice place to work with good managers
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 November 2017
a good place to work with helpful co-workers and supporting managers. It's a fast pace job that goes by fast. Can definitely be a stressful job at times.
Busy place
Server (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON16 November 2017
Great serving job for someone with experience.
Many great co-workers, support staff and cooks.
A great first job for anyone looking to learn to become a bartender or a host.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Split shifts
Great variety of food
Server and Bartender (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON29 October 2017
Worked here a long time. This place has changed a lot over the years but seems to be getting its feet back. Endless shrimp was always a crazy busy time of year
worked hard and fast
Day Cleaner, Bus Person (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 October 2017
Listened to my bosses demands always without complaints and tried my best to satisfy them all with demands.
Helped cooks a lot with extra work killing lobsters faster and cooking buns and things when they needed help.

Always kept place clean and organized even with demands of management on me always.
Pros
going outside to clean parking lot
Cons
others taking too many breaks
Was Fun Place To Work
Assistant Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 October 2017
I really love to work for red lobster, It was fun working for them but they didn't have any respect for the senior employees, when it was old management everything was better then now.
fast paced, busy environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 September 2017
I worked here for a few years and I really enjoyed it for the most part. I started as a host and loved the management and other staff, it was a great working environment. I loved that I always had something to do, yet still had time to socialize a bit with co-workers. That being said, nearing the end of my employment, management was all over the place.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
disorganization
stressful during peak hours
Cook (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 September 2017
I enjoyed working there. It was a fun fast paced environment. Management was good they helped out quite often hands on. The staff for the most part were really helpful
Pros
staff discount
Cons
long hard hours
dont work here if you dont want o
Dishwasher/Utility (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
unless you plan on becoming a chef or joining the industry dont work here. its is a very stingy company that dosent spend its money on there best product.
Pros
tips
Cons
everything
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Alley Coordinator/ Waitress (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2017
I have learned a lot while being with this company for the past 4 years. I have become more confident in myself, and have more confidence while talking to strangers. The workplace culture was always encouraging us to work together, and strive together for the same end result. The hardest part of this job was the hours required to work. This job has made it very difficult for me to have the time I would like to spend with my family. I also believe that there was not a lot of room for growth within this organization. The most enjoyable part of this job is the great co workers I have had the opportunity to meet.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K