Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the search See all 5,152 reviews
not worth it
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
if you want to make real money this job is not the place to go too. for 15$/hr this place is not something i would do ever again there are plenty jobs that pay more
Fun work environment
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Very busy restaurant focused at customer satisfaction. Great people, great company to work with. Management team is amazing, always supportive and motivating.
Pros
discounts, benefits
Cons
Friendly Staff.. not much else to say
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 December 2018
I mean start very simply without be impractical when people read this review,

I have 1-2 years experience from Medium-High end restaurants so I can give a concept of why I ended up here as well as why I Quit,

First and foremost this is my Review and is a collaboration of all the thoughts and feelings i could gather about this place.Staff: I can say wholeheartedly I had no issues with staff and could say that everyone provided a great experience in the learning curve for the first 3 days I was learning the ropes. Management: Great managements I had a few issues running in with managers that seemed very in it for themselves but other then that I had no issue there.

This is where I provide some incite on Cons and disadvantages of working at this place.

I will by no means write this place as a terrible place to work however I will just write it as a "eh" or a " You could probably find something better" kinda place. This place faces hour cuts and found my entire time there I was fighting for hours, When I asked other employees they were more then willing to give them to me cause half the people there just simply don't have any other means of work.

If you have an education in Culinary Skip this Place.
Pros
Good Staff Busy Kitchen Good Labour
Cons
Hour cuts, Bad management practices, Low skilled workers and Bad training
Friendly environment and very good place to work for.
Hostess / Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2018
Good place to learn how to be a server and easy to be a host using computerized system. Polite manger and easy to get along with and great co-workers.
Pros
great stuff
Cons
no hours
Fast-paced environment, little room for expansion of skills
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
Management does not take into consideration employee scheduling conflicts or concerns. Expect to be called at any hour to come in despite clarifying which hours you are available. You will be expected to sacrifice quality for expediency.
Fun working environment
Part time Line Cook and Alley preparation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
good natured people, enjoy being surrounded with positive people and love being given flexible time because i am in school right now. the management is easy to talk with.
Quite well
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2018
I always tried my best and my managers were always understanding, it was an enjoyable place to work. I learned to manage my time and master my skills to provide for the guests and was praised for when they brought it forward to my managers.
Nice place to work but not enough hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2018
Staff is amazing, like a family! Always very helpful and supportive.
Food is awesome and staff gets to enjoy it at 50% off during a working shift! Very flexible with hours
I loved working here when i was employed here.
Grill Master/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 November 2018
i sometimes wish i did not leave this job. i enjoy revisiting this place, all the same smiling faces and all the same loyal guests. i would work here again.
good job
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
it is a good place to work , it is always busy and you make decent money as a server. The people are all pretty easy to get along with. shifts can also be long.
Very good workplace!
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 October 2018
I learned alot about how a restaurant runs from behind the scenes.The hardest part of the job was working it into my family life as i was constantly working weekends and holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Working all weekends and holidays.
It’s a good work place with nice hours
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
I worked as a SA and hostess and SA was my favorite part at working at red lobster. As an SA I would help the servers around, as well as clean tables and walk food
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2018
Friendly environment and very good place to work. Staff was very fun and the hours were quite flexible around my schedule. Tips were decent andsalary was pretty good.
great employees,
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON2 October 2018
- Wonderful staff always will to help someone in need - At first the job is complicated from the multitasking - Typical day starts at 9 am for the dishwashers and at 3 pm for the bakers, most days are slow except for Friday,Saturday,Sunday - I learned the customers are always first - Managers are always willing to jump in at any time if someone is in need of help -The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on the customers face
Pros
Friendly staff, Great enviroment
Cons
Kitchen is small
fun workplace with plenty of friendly staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2018
Red Lobster is a great workplace environment and they have taught me how to work as a team, the management is amazing and very friendly the hardest part of the job is when we get very busy and there is no room more room in the kitchen to cook food and everything starts to pile up. The most enjoyable part of my job is when were not very busy and we have a minute to joke around with the friendly staff.
Pros
friendly and funny staff
Cons
short shifts and working late
easy money
Hostess and hostess trainer (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK3 September 2018
good place to learn how to be a server and easy to be a host using computerized system. Management works ling hours and many employees get along and have been there for years.
I would like to work for you and i think that I will like working for you and it will give me more experience
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba22 August 2018
I will like to try work in your place of work and get more experience in the workplace and learn more I work other jobs as a cook preap work a severe for the the Winnipeg conversation center I never worked at the red lobster but I would love to try
management
Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 August 2018
very polite managers and easy to get along with, always there to help and understand you and try there best to make sure you are always taken care of.
Coworkers Great; Can be high Stress
SERVER/HOSTESS (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK15 August 2018
The typical employee is great to work with; a bit of drama between some staff members

Management fluctuates between great and awful. (4 different managers)

hardest part of job is not knowing when you work next; scheduling is posted on thurs-fri for the next monday. less than a weeks notice
Pros
discounted food; flexible hours
Cons
sometimes get little to no hours; scheduling posted per week; some drama
It was ok
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 August 2018
It was ok outher then mold in the fridge and freezer and all the safty and health perceptions is a bit too much the food is all pre done and tossed in the over or microwave
Pros
Benifets
Cons
No hrs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K