Red Lobster Employee Reviews

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 5,304 reviews
Loved this job!
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON28 February 2019
I loved working this job, the hours were great and the management was very strong. It was never an issue to get time off and the management was very respectful of availability and made appropriate schedules. I was young compared to the rest of the workers as I started working there at only 16 but everyone was super nice and it was always a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job was when it would get very busy and customers would get frustrated with you because there would be a few hosts standing around and no one being seated but the management would always help if any situations got out of hand. The best part of the job was definitely the work environment, it was just such a fun place to work and it was very sad to leave.
Pros
employee discount was 50%, respectful of availability, good training, fair work assignments, good pay
Cons
hard to work full time hours (the shifts were short), usually not granted the optional breaks so a long time standing on your feet
Red Lobster is falling apart
Server/Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Ontario26 February 2019
The Windsor Red Lobster ran with precision for 30 years and then there was a change in management. The management is very weak and contributing to the decline of a wonderful restaurant. The company refused to pay their cooks a fair wage so all the best cooks went to other restaurants. The result is customers waiting ridiculous times to get their food. When it arrives some things will be missing, and others will not be not cooked properly. Also many items will arrive cold. This is not the fault of the server but of weak cooks and incompetent management who cannot even run a shift without problems. They do not order items that are needed such as bread baskets and crab crackers - so you might get something dirty just used by another table. Also the handheld credit card machines often do not work. All the SNAFUs that customers face are NOT the fault of the server. But the management refuses to take responsibility or address any of the underlying issues. Instead of taking care of problems, servers are put under a microscope, demoralized in reviews, and blamed for the poor performance of line cooks and managers. All these nightmares began with the promotion of the new General Manager. She SUCKS!!! But she is a nice lady.
Pros
most staff are good hard working people
Cons
Management is too weak and needs to be changed
Great company to work for
BARTENDER/ WAITER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2019
Great company to work for. Good hours and great customers. The coworkers have a great sense of team work and are always trying to help you. Great training as well.
A typical evening at Red Lobster
Dishwasher/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 January 2019
A typical evening at Red Lobster was a little hectic because a lot of people would call in sick which leaves us with less staff which makes the job a bit harder to get done. I learned that when your at work you should always work to your full capacity, so you can get the job done quick & safe. The hardest part of working at Red Lobster is doing all the dishes by hands when dishwasher breaks down which happened a lot. The most enjoyable part when everyone is working as a team and has everything under control.
Pros
staff discount
not worth it
Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 January 2019
if you want to make real money this job is not the place to go too. for 15$/hr this place is not something i would do ever again there are plenty jobs that pay more
Fun work environment
Culinary Professional (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2019
Very busy restaurant focused at customer satisfaction. Great people, great company to work with. Management team is amazing, always supportive and motivating.
Pros
discounts, benefits
had issues with management
PREP COOK/LINE COOK (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON3 January 2019
this place isnt awful to work at, you just have to be liked by the management if you want to get somewhere in the job. The other staff often are a bit strange to work with.
Friendly Staff.. not much else to say
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 December 2018
I mean start very simply without be impractical when people read this review,

I have 1-2 years experience from Medium-High end restaurants so I can give a concept of why I ended up here as well as why I Quit,

First and foremost this is my Review and is a collaboration of all the thoughts and feelings i could gather about this place.Staff: I can say wholeheartedly I had no issues with staff and could say that everyone provided a great experience in the learning curve for the first 3 days I was learning the ropes. Management: Great managements I had a few issues running in with managers that seemed very in it for themselves but other then that I had no issue there.

This is where I provide some incite on Cons and disadvantages of working at this place.

I will by no means write this place as a terrible place to work however I will just write it as a "eh" or a " You could probably find something better" kinda place. This place faces hour cuts and found my entire time there I was fighting for hours, When I asked other employees they were more then willing to give them to me cause half the people there just simply don't have any other means of work.

If you have an education in Culinary Skip this Place.
Pros
Good Staff Busy Kitchen Good Labour
Cons
Hour cuts, Bad management practices, Low skilled workers and Bad training
Friendly environment and very good place to work for.
Hostess / Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 December 2018
Good place to learn how to be a server and easy to be a host using computerized system. Polite manger and easy to get along with and great co-workers.
Pros
great stuff
Cons
no hours
Fast-paced environment, little room for expansion of skills
Production Team Member (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 December 2018
Management does not take into consideration employee scheduling conflicts or concerns. Expect to be called at any hour to come in despite clarifying which hours you are available. You will be expected to sacrifice quality for expediency.
Fun working environment
Part time Line Cook and Alley preparation (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2018
good natured people, enjoy being surrounded with positive people and love being given flexible time because i am in school right now. the management is easy to talk with.
Quite well
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2018
I always tried my best and my managers were always understanding, it was an enjoyable place to work. I learned to manage my time and master my skills to provide for the guests and was praised for when they brought it forward to my managers.
Nice place to work but not enough hours
Server (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 December 2018
Staff is amazing, like a family! Always very helpful and supportive.
Food is awesome and staff gets to enjoy it at 50% off during a working shift! Very flexible with hours
I loved working here when i was employed here.
Grill Master/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON18 November 2018
i sometimes wish i did not leave this job. i enjoy revisiting this place, all the same smiling faces and all the same loyal guests. i would work here again.
good job
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 November 2018
it is a good place to work , it is always busy and you make decent money as a server. The people are all pretty easy to get along with. shifts can also be long.
Very good workplace!
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 October 2018
I learned alot about how a restaurant runs from behind the scenes.The hardest part of the job was working it into my family life as i was constantly working weekends and holidays. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Great staff!
Cons
Working all weekends and holidays.
It’s a good work place with nice hours
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 October 2018
I worked as a SA and hostess and SA was my favorite part at working at red lobster. As an SA I would help the servers around, as well as clean tables and walk food
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 October 2018
Friendly environment and very good place to work. Staff was very fun and the hours were quite flexible around my schedule. Tips were decent andsalary was pretty good.
great employees,
Baker (Former Employee) –  Kitchener-Waterloo, ON2 October 2018
- Wonderful staff always will to help someone in need - At first the job is complicated from the multitasking - Typical day starts at 9 am for the dishwashers and at 3 pm for the bakers, most days are slow except for Friday,Saturday,Sunday - I learned the customers are always first - Managers are always willing to jump in at any time if someone is in need of help -The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on the customers face
Pros
Friendly staff, Great enviroment
Cons
Kitchen is small
fun workplace with plenty of friendly staff
Line cook (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 September 2018
Red Lobster is a great workplace environment and they have taught me how to work as a team, the management is amazing and very friendly the hardest part of the job is when we get very busy and there is no room more room in the kitchen to cook food and everything starts to pile up. The most enjoyable part of my job is when were not very busy and we have a minute to joke around with the friendly staff.
Pros
friendly and funny staff
Cons
short shifts and working late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Red Lobster. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K