Red Door Family Shelter Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Great Team and Clientele
Shelter Worker/Case Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 March 2017
There is no typical day at work because everyday is different. Everyday is an adventure. It just depends on the crisis at hand on that specific day. I've learned a lot about people and their needs, how important social services for our society. We try to make it light-hearted. We all need a great sense of humour to keep people happy and focused as their lives have been through many obstacles. The hardest part of the job is seeing how a person can be worn down by the life experiences, but it is also when they become the most resilient, which is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
Workload
front line work
FRONTLINE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2016
i would love to work on women"s activity more that helps them to imporove thier mental helath well being. more workshops on well being ,selfe care will help
Fun work place
Child Care Program Assistance (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 March 2015
A typical day at this particular job would be checking in with the supervisor on a daily basis.My main duty was to pack food into bags while making sure that the store was kept clean. However, I developed an excellent communication skills by interacting with diverse customer which allowed to accept difference and people's situation in order to better communicate and relate to them. The hardest part of the job was lifting heavy object. sometimes by the end of the day was back and hands would be swollen. However, what I enjoyed about working at this salvation army was seeing a smile on people's faces when they got their merchandise. On Christmas, my co-workers and I would wrap and share gifts (as part of our duty); this made me very happy to see smiles on children faces.
Pros
Free merchandies and food
Cons
Long hours while standing on feet for long period of time
It was a fun and productive work environment
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  875 Queens Street East Toronto, ON M4M 1J230 June 2013
Ensured clients are properly served .
To work with clients from different ethnic and religious background without bias or discrimination.
The management created a very good working atmosphere
The co-workers were very accommodating and encouraging
The hardest part of the job was doing an intake at the beginning of the placement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was happy serving the clients in different area of needs .
fun and interactive open space, playroom
Pre-school and school age program volunteer (Current Employee) –  toronto9 April 2012
Its great if you want experience in social work but i just volunteered so i didn't know what pay was like.