Red Deer College

Red Deer College Management reviews

Canada52 reviews
The management and entire team were very understanding about availability knowing we go to class, but it was easy to get to work as you could just start right away after class
RDC is a place with great benefits and work hours. Management direction can be quite confusing and hypocritical. Friends and family usually get looked at first for advancement.
Watch your back everyone out to back stab lots of two faced people scared of losing their jobs to much politics in the workplace the bosses care more about the dollar then the employ and students even if they say different highly don’t recommend unless there’s no other option
Not a bad place to work. Fellow staff very helpful. Management is getting more and more "micro". Benefits could be better. I see a strike in the near future.
After working several years contract to contract I was left with no position and a feeling of being used. The top management i is arrogant and lacking in the department of ethics which has a trickle down effect to the lower management.
Pros
Teaching is great and the lifestyle is a nice change of pace.
Cons
The monetary rewards are poor. You get laid off every summer
Red Deer college is a great place to work. Management is very supportive of work/ life balance, community involvement and personal growth. The staff at the college are what make it one of the best institutions I have ever worked at. Unfortunately, with uncertain times, you are not guaranteed a position the following year.
A typical day at work for me was helping with the cooking with the cook. What i learned is how to cook for so many kids. Management whether it is a business, not-for profit organization, government. Workplace culture is a company mission, value, ethics expectations and goals.The hardest part of my job was to have a relationship with with everyone. The most enjoyable part of my my job was just to learn how cook and be with the kids.
Pros
i got free lunches sometimes
Cons
the hours were long
I would encourage anyone thinking of tutoring with Red Deer College to do it. It is extremely rewarding and the management is very accommodating. The only downside is that there really isn't allot of work.
The school doesn't care about it's students at all and has a ridiculous amount of miscommunication in the business and student issues. They pay well because they have to and if problems arise they are no help in fixing it
Pros
Convinient
Cons
Disorganization