Red Deer College Employee Reviews

Not recommended
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 June 2018
After working several years contract to contract I was left with no position and a feeling of being used. The top management i is arrogant and lacking in the department of ethics which has a trickle down effect to the lower management.
Pros
Teaching is great and the lifestyle is a nice change of pace.
Cons
The monetary rewards are poor. You get laid off every summer
Amazing staff and Culture
Electrical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 April 2018
Red Deer college is a great place to work. Management is very supportive of work/ life balance, community involvement and personal growth. The staff at the college are what make it one of the best institutions I have ever worked at. Unfortunately, with uncertain times, you are not guaranteed a position the following year.
Great work environment
Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 December 2017
Staff and co-workers were very supportive and helpful during my initiation into educating! I would defiantly encourage other potential instructors to start their careers here.
Productive place to learn
Student (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB27 September 2017
Very good facility with great teachers who are willing to go the extra steps with students to make sure they fully understand what is being taught before going onto the next lessons.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
weird hours.
Okay Place to Work
Commercial Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 July 2017
Better if they had benefits
Shift differential would be good
Staff language barriers
Need better new staff training protocols to ensure everyone works to the same standard
Liked the online aspect
student (Former Employee) –  red deer9 June 2017
Always had assistance if needed. I didn't work there. However I imagine it would be a great place to work. Indeed took the name off my resume under my education and wants me to fill this out as a requirement.
Great team work
Trades Instructor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB8 June 2017
The most challenging and best place I've worked for. Management really helps out in every way they can. Hours are good and I'm home every night. Very hard to get a full time position.
Great Educational Environment
FULL TIME STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 June 2017
The program I attended at the time was great. They have an amazing educational environment. I would recommend this College to anyone who is wanting to attend a college that is in a decently medium size city.
Pros
Easy layout to find your classes
I very much enjoyed being a tutor with RDC
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB12 April 2017
I would encourage anyone thinking of tutoring with Red Deer College to do it. It is extremely rewarding and the management is very accommodating. The only downside is that there really isn't allot of work.
Working with students and faculty to enchance their goals
Coordinator of Admissions & Registrations (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 March 2017
Coordination of admission and registration process. Providing support for the student database.
Supervision of staff, dealing with student appeals and provide support in their educational decisions and experience.
Campus Recreation Programmer Coordinator
Campus Recreation Programmer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB29 March 2017
Great people, great company. Thankful for the opportunity!!
My role worked alongside student life and the student association in assisting with planning, organizing, promotion and implementation of campus recreation for student and staff of Red Deer College. Programmers encourage students to find a balance between academic pursuits and recreation/ life outside the classroom and support the departments goal of improving students and staff retention by offering social, recreational, educational, cultural and wellness-based programs.
all around great place to work
Open-studies / PN student (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 March 2017
Great job while attending college. Minimum of 30hrs/week and the shop was flexible when it came to my studies. Plenty of overtime if I wanted it. overall great place to work.
Pros
the ability to grow
excellent
PN clinical instructor (Current Employee) –  off site5 February 2017
Excellent culture for LPN, progressive teaching; very supportive
professional development support/ opportunities
great team approach
opportunity to work part time and maintain scholarly advancement or other employment
Volunteer on executive
Visual Arts Society Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 October 2016
once a week the Visual Arts Society would meet to discuss,plan and execute projects for the Arts in Red Deer College, ranging from Art sales to workshops to further skills of artists.
Poor
Stage Hand (Properties Master) (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 May 2016
The school doesn't care about it's students at all and has a ridiculous amount of miscommunication in the business and student issues. They pay well because they have to and if problems arise they are no help in fixing it
Pros
Convinient
Cons
Disorganization
Supportive environment
Health Care Aide Chair (Former Employee) –  Red Deer College16 November 2015
Department is managed by extremely competent and forward thinking individuals. Student success is always the priority with much support given to Instructors. It was a privilege to be part of the Nursing department.
Good work environment, very low pay.
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer7 October 2015
Red Deer College is acceptable as a first job, but the pay is too low for an individual to support him or herself. The work environment is fine, and the work is not very strenuous.
Excellent fun place to work
Manager, Security Operations (Current Employee) –  Red Deer10 September 2015
The environment is fun, exciting and all about the students in providing a great place to come and learn. Staff works well together for a common goal
Rdc
Alberta Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (Current Employee) –  Red Deer College21 April 2015
RDC is a excellent place to take my welding apprenticeship schooling, the instructors were helpful, on the ball and gave great advice and tips.
excellent place of growth.
Audio/Visual Assistant & Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB30 September 2014
This was a great place of growth both in work and play. I learned many skills at this work place.