Red Academy Employee Reviews

Rewarding work, challenging business.
UX Design Instructor, Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 November 2017
I worked there early on when it was a start-up. I'm certain many things have changed.

My biggest complaint was that as the young female on the team, I was laid off first, and denied the opportunity to advance my career, regardless of the fact I had worked longer than most, and showed a great skill for my craft. It was "outside perceptions" they said- that students would be turned off by a less experienced instructor. But there were other times in my path there I should've gotten the promotion over the male counterpart, but didn't. Despite everyone loving me and my work, and contributing way above expectation, I was denied progress. I felt really let down by what happened in the end, versus what we were committed to.

I don't regret my time there for a second, despite the chaos of start-up life. The company was committed to great things when I was a part of it, and I was very fulfilled.
Pros
Shape the next generation of tech workers.
Cons
Progressive externally, regressive internally.
Hardworking passionate people with heart!
UI Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 September 2017
At RED Academy you will meet people from all corners of design, marketing & development. The best part about working in an environment as such is that there is always someone to ask for feedback and critique.
Pros
People with heart, Fast-paced, Engaging